Notices
Subaru This forum contains only Subarus offered for sale by our members.

03 WRX STI - £5250

Search this Thread

Old 05 March 2014, 08:34 PM
thebigfelly
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 03 WRX STI - £4850

due to a change in personal circumstances (wife expecting our first) my 2003 sti is up for sale, as i need to change to something thats more family friendly .
Car is located in Edinburgh ,Scotland.

Im not desparate to sell so only if the right money is offered will she go - no px's or silly offers please!

wr blue 03 sti with 90,700 miles on the clock
M.O.T - july 2014
Road tax 30/9/14
just serviced 25/2/14 fluids and filters and check of breaks and lights etc

The car is pretty much standard other than a couple mods and is used as my daily driver to work

EXTERIOR
standard other than the rally graphics
ninja 2 back box
scooby world premium rally style mudflaps
fibre glass roof scoop

INTERIOR
standard subaru interior
cd/cassette radio
TURBO TIMER in the cup holder tray
IMG_0937_zpsc11c79af.jpg

Breaks
Front standard disks + Brembo sport pads
Rear standard disks + ferodo ds2500 pads

Engine
is just the standard subaru engine
with only a forge dumpvalve fitted

Bit of History
I took ownership of the car with 64k miles on it in april 2010 it has since covered 26,700 miles in the 4 years of my ownership as i said its my daily driver for work covering 7-10miles daily on 30-40mph roads so isnt driven hard, hardly ever used on bypass/motorway , upon getting the car i joined several forums car hasnt been tracked in my 4 years of ownership and is used on club displays at shows and events mainly with SIDC .

Engine was stripped/inspected and had new valves and tappets fitted by A F NOBLES subaru main dealership in penicuik when i first got the car in 2010 ,

new clutch+ full kit fitted at about 76,000miles by R A Motorsport in perth

INCLUDED IN SALE
will be the original STI back box that came off the car when i replaced it with the ninja 2
the original recirc valve
so new owner could return back to standard or sell the parts on .

Bad Points pics of these below
- the car is 11 years old so has suffered from usual wear and tear does have stone chips on the front as would be expected of a car this old
- alloys do have some light kerbing on them
- slight rust at top of windshield from when the windshield was replaced and the paint was scored
- front passenger wing has a 1inch scratch where paint was damaged no dent but pannel was scored to metal work
- driver seat has a little bit of freying on one bit of the material no tearing tho
- graze to rear bumper /chips on other side that have been touched up
- possibly benefit from a wheel allignment since i got 2 tyres replaced at about 85k
- Couple scratches in drivers door frame/sill where seatbelt has sat when doors tried to close. car came like this when i bought it .
-leather worn at top part of steering wheel
- dent and scuff in rear door passenger side

Other

Car is only driven by myself , never been smoked in in my ownership and has never had any pets in it either .
-Rally decals and roof scoop may not be to everyones taste but I put the car how I wanted it, stickers were fitted by myself and new owner could remove both if they wanted ,

To the best of my knowledge i have listed everything with the car and how it sits today, mileage will go up as it is my daily driver
and as it sits the now the car runs smoothly pulls in every gear and has no faults that i know of.

I usualy only come on here to browse but not post in the years ive been a member so if i dont reply straight away to a pm here you can get in contact it would be better to email me at
paul_crawford82@hotmail.co.uk

or if you have an account on SIDC.co.uk or scottishscoobies.net the car is also for sale up there and i frequent and post more on both those forums

This is a genuine straight well looked after impreza, fully hpi clear , any questions please ask , £4850

Last edited by thebigfelly; 15 April 2014 at 03:28 PM.
Old 19 March 2014, 09:47 AM
thebigfelly
Scooby Newbie

Bump
Old 19 March 2014, 10:31 AM
BLU
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by thebigfelly
due to a change in personal circumstances (wife expecting our first) my 2003 sti is up for sale, as i need to change to something thats more family friendly.
Whats not family friendly about your car? - it has 4 doors and a big boot Just happens to be quicker than your average family car!! My kids love my Scooby and would disown me if I ever sold it

GLWTS though You'll be back in a Scoob in the future
Old 05 April 2014, 02:50 PM
thebigfelly
Scooby Newbie

Just put another 6months tax on it on the 31st march
Old 08 April 2014, 04:34 PM
MattyB1983
Scooby Regular

Received 46 Likes on 30 Posts

Take the stickers and roof scoop off, have it professionally machine polished and then readvertise and it'll sell quickly.
Old 08 April 2014, 05:18 PM
stonejedi
Scooby Regular

Received 149 Likes on 109 Posts

Originally Posted by MattyB1983
Take the stickers and roof scoop off, have it professionally machine polished and then readvertise and it'll sell quickly.
+1 when you present a car for sale with stickers like that you have to get a buyer who appreciates that style,but a plain paint job opens the market to more buyers and if they want to put stickers on later then that's there choice,it's priced quite reasonable and would sell easier with the original look,minus the stickers.SJ.