Notices
Subaru This forum contains only Subarus offered for sale by our members.

T20 maybe up for sale

Search this Thread

Old 07 January 2014, 08:18 PM
s.hughes1981
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default T20 maybe up for sale

As the title says, in the next month or two i maybe putting my impreza T20 on a 2004 JDM up for sale. So i thought i'd let people here find out first (which is the best place a guess)

Before i'm going to sale it i will be given it a service and a bit of TLC, the only problem i have with it is the dreaded finance when i brought the car a few years back i had to get a little finance due to being Christmas which i didn't mind at the time as i wanted the car but if someone was interested i would sort that out.

The car was brought from Licthfield from the last owner and had the T20 package. the car has just past 65000 miles but pm me if anyone is interested and i will reply so as i can. I will put more pics up soon when the car is almost ready.

Steve
Old 07 January 2014, 08:38 PM
The Pink Ninja
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Price?
Old 07 January 2014, 08:44 PM
s.hughes1981
Scooby Newbie

Price i was thinking would be about 8k-9k, im not sure how much they go for at the moment but would be happy with that.
Old 07 January 2014, 10:17 PM
Osimabu
Scooby Regular

Thanks for paying. We've had a spate of 'testing the water' posts recently from people who clearly hoped to sell their cars without doing so.

Apologies for the abrupt post, above, too.

Good luck with your sale. For a genuine Type 20 Blob, £9K would be far too cheap in my (biased!) opinion, incidentally.
Old 08 January 2014, 12:29 AM
thenewgalaxy
Scooby Regular

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Difficult to put a price on them tbh.

I'd expect it to fetch at least five figures.

Don't expect to sell it in a hurry.
Old 08 January 2014, 02:11 AM
LuckyWelshchap
Scooby Regular

I think you've done the right thing (no, not simply paying to advertise but giving 'prior warning').

A car like this is worth a lot of money, but potential buyers probably won't have that sort of cash to hand, so letting people - especially aficionados - know in advance is good, because they can:

a) find out the ball park figure you're asking;
b) work out if they can reasonably afford it, taking into account what they might get for their current car; and
c) put their current car on the market to see if it all adds up.

Fwiw I'll be doing the same thing with mine at some point.

Glwts
Old 08 January 2014, 05:58 AM
The Pink Ninja
Scooby Regular

Don't forget guys it's a JDM Sti with coil overs and roll bars and a few badges... Not the spec-c version
Old 08 January 2014, 07:50 AM
s.hughes1981
Scooby Newbie

GAZ you are right it's not a spec c as they go for more like 12k+ so I thought 8-9 is realistic.
Old 08 January 2014, 08:21 AM
Ciaran
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by GAZ2293
Don't forget guys it's a JDM Sti with coil overs and roll bars and a few badges... Not the spec-c version
Why would you write that in somebody's for sale advert?

OP good luck with the sale a few more pics would do no harm
Old 08 January 2014, 08:53 AM
banny sti
Scooby Senior

Received 22 Likes on 16 Posts

Full spec would be great to
Old 08 January 2014, 10:01 AM
scooby2.5maz
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sold to me

Last edited by scooby2.5maz; 08 January 2014 at 10:02 AM.
Old 08 January 2014, 10:04 AM
scooby2.5maz
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by scooby2.5maz
Sold to me
Only joking ! I wish though
Old 08 January 2014, 10:17 AM
The Pink Ninja
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Ciaran
Why would you write that in somebody's for sale advert?

OP good luck with the sale a few more pics would do no harm
And why not what's your issue Ciaran, I was pointing out it's the JDM Sti version and not the spec-c version, Which commands a higher price a perfectly valid point unless you can tell me otherwise?

To the OP is was not meant to be a derogatory remark and good luck with your sale and the top end of your estimate is spot on IMO

Last edited by The Pink Ninja; 08 January 2014 at 10:35 AM.
Old 08 January 2014, 10:33 AM
Berks-Jack
Scooby Regular

OP im a bit confused with the description, Is it a T20 with a build number or a jdm sti that has had the T20 handling pack added? Im genuinely interested in the car if and when it does come up for sale.

More details and pics please
Old 08 January 2014, 10:36 AM
imprezaworks
Scooby Regular

Looks great
Old 08 January 2014, 12:08 PM
scoobyhaz1
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Default Subaru

U.K or jap?
Old 08 January 2014, 12:29 PM
s.hughes1981
Scooby Newbie

Sorry about not having much info on the car at the moment, I never knew it would get this much attention. But the car was imported and sold by litchfield to the last owner in 2007 from the top off my head. As of the build number I have been told they didn't really put them on the T20 at first but all T25 had a build number. It is the jap twin scroll turbo, I shell write up the full spec later tonight.
Old 08 January 2014, 01:18 PM
IanK Spec C
Scooby Regular

Hi Jack

T20's don't get a serial no. It's a handling and exhaust pack which can be fitted to a new or used JDM sti(Spec C or full-fat Sti).

Last edited by IanK Spec C; 08 January 2014 at 01:20 PM.
Old 08 January 2014, 02:18 PM
Berks-Jack
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by s.hughes1981
Sorry about not having much info on the car at the moment, I never knew it would get this much attention. But the car was imported and sold by litchfield to the last owner in 2007 from the top off my head. As of the build number I have been told they didn't really put them on the T20 at first but all T25 had a build number. It is the jap twin scroll turbo, I shell write up the full spec later tonight.
Originally Posted by IanK Spec C
Hi Jack

T20's don't get a serial no. It's a handling and exhaust pack which can be fitted to a new or used JDM sti(Spec C or full-fat Sti).
Thanks for the replies on clearing that up both, much appreciated.

OP I'll wait on further info.
Old 08 January 2014, 02:45 PM
LuckyWelshchap
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by s.hughes1981
It will get attention alright !

All 'Types' are JDM imports (so could be STi or Spec C) via Litchfield, specifically modified (power and/or suspension-wise) and hence have their own niche in the Subaru world.
Being an acknowledged 'offspring' and rare does mean they command a premium over their respective cousin ie STi or Spec-C.

You could however modify one of those to an identical spec (apart from the 'T badge' hologram) so some people feel that you pay simply for the name.

I wouldn't entirely disagree but then you pay for 'Mercedes', 'Jaguar', 'BMW' etc. etc.

I think there's some discussion about how many were ever created (T20s that is, T25's have a Build Number so are more easily counted) and probably a lot more about how many are left.
You are talking about 1 in low double figures though.

Don't lose the FSH ffs

PS - not sure if you meant it like that but it wouldn't have been imported by Litchfield in 2007 because the base car for 'T-conversion' was always new afaiu, so probably the first owner either sold it back to them or they sold it on the owner's behalf.
Old 08 January 2014, 04:03 PM
LuckyWelshchap
Scooby Regular

(Tongue firmly in cheek ) Would it help if the Spec-C roof flap on another thread was added to the car ?
Would the £275 increase the value by more than that
Old 08 January 2014, 05:23 PM
The Pink Ninja
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by LuckyWelshchap
(Tongue firmly in cheek ) Would it help if the Spec-C roof flap on another thread was added to the car ?
Would the £275 increase the value by more than that
it would add at least £350 to the price as you need to account for fitting it too Looking at my post I can see why it could have been perceived as a bit of an underhanded dig but it wasn't meant that way, just adding a bit of perspective to some what was up for sale, If I though it was crap and overpriced I would have said...I'm not shy but I wouldn't do that on a for sale add I'd just click the 'back' button

Anyway free bump for the OP
Old 08 January 2014, 06:11 PM
LuckyWelshchap
Scooby Regular

it would add at least £350 to the price as you need to account for fitting it too Looking at my post I can see why it could have been perceived as a bit of an underhanded dig but it wasn't meant that way, just adding a bit of perspective to some what was up for sale, If I though it was crap and overpriced I would have said...I'm not shy but I wouldn't do that on a for sale add I'd just click the 'back' button

Anyway free bump for the OP

Last edited by LuckyWelshchap; 08 January 2014 at 11:15 PM. Reason: Proper quote now !
Old 08 January 2014, 08:09 PM
Ciaran
Scooby Regular

And why not what's your issue Ciaran, I was pointing out it's the JDM Sti version and not the spec-c version, Which commands a higher price a perfectly valid point unless you can tell me otherwise?

To the OP is was not meant to be a derogatory remark and good luck with your sale and the top end of your estimate is spot on IMO

Because in what way was the post helpful towards the sale of his car?.............................................. . Oh that's rite it wasn't. A spec C is an sti with no extras at all, intended as a basic sti as one can get in order to be converted for rallying!
Old 08 January 2014, 09:39 PM
The Pink Ninja
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Ciaran
Because in what way was the post helpful towards the sale of his car?.............................................. . Oh that's rite it wasn't. A spec C is an sti with no extras at all, intended as a basic sti as one can get in order to be converted for rallying!
It was as much help as your response, lol ....but in answer to your question it was aimed at prospective buyers, To give them information that there is more than one version of the T20 available with a considerable difference in price between the two

When you say the spec-C is as basic as an STi comes I presume you are referring to the 16" Motorsport version with 4 pots and windy windows rather than the limiteds with Aircon, Electric windows, Central locking etc that litchfield used in the T20's.
Old 08 January 2014, 10:05 PM
Berks-Jack
Scooby Regular

It was as much help as your response, lol ....but in answer to your question it was aimed at prospective buyers, To give them information that there is more than one version of the T20 available with a considerable difference in price between the two

When you say the spec-C is as basic as an STi comes I presume you are referring to the 16" Motorsport version with 4 pots and windy windows rather than the limiteds with Aircon, Electric windows, Central locking etc that litchfield used in the T20's.
without trying to derail the OP's thread too much. I was grateful for your comment as I wasnt sure what model it was based on.

a spec c version would have been out of my price range.
Old 08 January 2014, 10:15 PM
The Pink Ninja
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Berks-Jack
without trying to derail the OP's thread too much. I was grateful for your comment as I wasnt sure what model it was based on.

a spec c version would have been out of my price range.
Thanks, Its a nice car at a good price IMO, I cant see it hanging around for long

Last edited by The Pink Ninja; 08 January 2014 at 10:18 PM.
Old 08 January 2014, 11:04 PM
Berks-Jack
Scooby Regular

Thanks, Its a nice car at a good price IMO, I cant see it hanging around for long
Agreed!
Old 08 January 2014, 11:26 PM
LuckyWelshchap
Scooby Regular

Worse - lighter glass, thinner metal (chippings almost penetrate it, on NO account get it washed in either a manual or auto car wash), no sound deadening (not that it matters when you drive with Ozzy and the boys at full blast).

In fact anyone buying a Spec-C is mad - paying far more for er.... a fair bit less.

But a T20 makes up for all this - you get Aircon, electric windows & door mirrors and central locking.

Oh - and 1 of only 40 or so (or less) genuine holographic T20 badges ever made.

Ok, ok - just an excuse to give the op another bump