Notices
Subaru This forum contains only Subarus offered for sale by our members.

WR1 #396 ***Forged 2.1 Litre Engine***

Search this Thread

Old 20 March 2013, 08:14 PM
Loco
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default WR1 #396 ***Forged 2.1 Litre Engine***

Hi All,

Unfortunately, it is time for me to sell my WR1. I have owned it for 2 years, with all the hard work I have put in to it, I wish I could keep it forever. But it's about time I bought myself a house, so I have to let her go in favour of a deposit.

Some of you guys on here know the story of my WR1, but for those that don't, a brief synopsis:

Just before Christmas 2011, the Big Ends went on the engine. I believe it may well have been where the car was not originally cared for and run in properly when it was new. Nothing I could do about that!

The intention was to just replace the engine, but mine went around the same time as Megamans did. I spoke to him a bit about it, and decided that I wanted something similar. So the car went to Engine Tuner in Plymouth. They had the car 2 months, and rebuilt the engine in to a Forged 2.1Litre.

She also had BC racing Coilovers fitted just before the engine went.

The remap was done by Martin at Engine Tuner, with a view to making her a beautifully driveable car. She currently runs 336bhp with 352ftlb torque. the extra 0.1 litre makes a huge difference to the torque, and the turbo starts coming in at a nice low 2800RPM

Although the car has done just over 81k miles, all this work was done approx 10k ago, and cost approx £7000.

Also, approx 2k miles ago, it had a partial respray, costing £1000, to tidy up the 8 years of stone chips. This included:
Front Bumper and spats
Side Skirts
Rear bumper
Spoiler
Alloys refurbished

She has full service history from before the new engine, and perfect and full service history since I have had her rebuilt.

No expense has been spared, I intended to keep this car a long time.

The only 2 downsides (and I list these as to be completely honest so you know how perfect this car is) are that the two offside alloys are mildly scuffed (did this the other day, just got a bit too close to a curb while parking in the dark, almost cried), and one tiny spot on the nearside wing where i looks like a door may have been opened against it. its not a dent, its like a stone chip, but I wanted to let people know. I don't think it would even be noticed if I didn't point it out, but I am a perfectionist...

Car spec is as follows:

2.1Litre Forged Engine rebuild
Wiseco Pistons
K1 Rods
Balanced Crank
ACL Race bearings
Cosworth Gaskets
Uprated Race oil pump
Engine Remap
Helix Organic Clutch
Turbo Back 3" Decat Exhaust
BC Racing Adjustable Coilovers (with 3D Alignment Setup)
EBC Redstuff Ceramic Pads
336bhp, 352ftlb torque

The car is running pretty much standard everything else. It's up to the new owner where they want to take the car. The 2.1 Litre Forged Engine makes it lovely to drive, and will be reliable for years and years, being a beautifully hand built engine. Or, it would be a fantastic base for big power. this car would easily see 500-600bhp with the right supporting mods, unlike the standard engine which tends to not really be able to handle much over 400bhp. the sky would be the limit, which is why I had it built originally.

She is probably up there with a very select few or WR1's that are the best out there. It is literally like she has done 10,000 miles, not 80,000. It comes with the Original Prodrive Exhaust for the MOT, 3 Months tax, and has just been MOT'd (with no advisories). Also will come with Standard Headunit.

Considering all the work I have had done, this is a bargain I reckon, but £10,995 is what I want. I will also consider offers.
I am down in Dorset.

Thanks

Last edited by Loco; 20 March 2013 at 08:57 PM.
Old 21 March 2013, 05:07 PM
scoobynelly
Scooby Regular

Last edited by scoobynelly; 21 March 2013 at 05:08 PM.
Old 21 March 2013, 05:07 PM
scoobynelly
Scooby Regular

Saw this hit £9500 On ebay the other day. Seems a good price with the block it has. There are lower mileage ones for under 9k around but not with the reliability of this engine. Used to have an evo 6 built by Alan at engine tuner, couldn't fault it in any way! Glwts. Free bump
Old 22 March 2013, 04:31 PM
Loco
Scooby Regular

cheers mate,

yeah 9500 was annoying - didnt quite hit the reserve!!

yeah I am on WR1OC and see 60k cars go for about £9k, but like I said, new forged engine and suspension 10k ago, and part respray, she is in fantastic condition, regardles of 81k overall miles.

Just hope she goes to a good home!