Notices
Subaru This forum contains only Subarus offered for sale by our members.

1999 V5 Impreza STI Wagon For Sale

Search this Thread

Old 26 July 2011, 06:37 PM
Scratch
Scooby Senior

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1999 V5 Impreza STI Wagon For Sale

FOR SALE
STI V5 Wagon in Cool grey Metallic

Fancing a change from the V5 wagon for something else (still subaru though ) as kids are getting bigger and could do with something a little larger to be able to get everything in. I love this wagon, but needs must.

Right then, where to start, I've owned this car for 6 years, having spent 2 years looking for one of this spec in this colour, I saw 2 for sale in this time and bought the seond one, since then, I know one other owner who has the same car/colour, and have seen 1 other, so there are not many of these about.

Car has done approx 96k miles, and had an engine rebuild by Scooby projects in 2010, and has covered about 2000-2500 miles since the rebuild. The rebuild was a spec rebuild so car is mechanically fairly standard (see below).

So for the spec:

Car was imported from new in 1999 at a cost of almost £29,000 to the original owner. I have a huge file of history going all the way back.

Changes from Standard JDM WRX STI Verion 5 Wagon Specification.
At the time of import, the speedometer was converted to MPH, and thus the odometer also reads in miles and always has.

Exterior:
  • Oz Superturismo 17” wheels, finished in gloss black and fitted with genuine Oz carbon fibre wheel centres and Pirelli P Zero Asymetrico tyres (plenty of tread but haven't measured it)
  • Smoked side repeaters (indicators)
  • Clear front indicators
  • Genuine Subaru WR Sport Stone deflectors (mini mudflaps for the front)
  • Rally Style rear mudflaps with STI logos,
  • Genuine Subaru acrylic headlight protectors.
  • Genuine STI V5/6 front splitter
  • Genuine STI factory fit upper and lower rear boot spoilers
  • HT Autos rear diffuser.

Interior
  • Blaupunkt Casablanca MP56 Head Unit with USB input lead.
  • PSI 3 data monitor fitted complete with Defi oil pressure and temperature senders.
  • STI Branded mats
  • Factory fit STI branded seats in alacantra and cloth
  • Factory fit STI dash/clocks with central rev counter.

Suspension
  • Standard OEM equipment as far as I am aware.

Brakes
  • Standard OEM equipment as far as I am aware.
  • Brake callipers have been refinished in gloss red

Drivetrain
  • Genuine Subaru STI version 8 PPP Sports cat downpipe
  • Hayward and Scott stainless steel exhaust system from cat back, including H&S supplied adaptor piece to convert from later generation cat pipe to older generation exhaust.
  • Andy Forrest Supplied TD05-16g turbo
  • ‘Green’ cotton gauze replacement panel air filter.
  • Remap for UK fuel completed by Chris at WRC Technologies, giving 294BHP
  • 8250RPM rev limit.

Following a bottom end failure in Dec 2008 the car has been stood until August 2010. It turned out the oil pump relief valve had failed open. Anyway the car has now had a full engine rebuild to standard OEM specification by ScoobyProjects in Ledbury at a cost of approximately £5,500 including additional parts supplied directly by me.

The build was based upon a asecond hand P1 short motor that was obtained from RCM and had done only 9000 miles. I sourced new Cylinder head castings as the originals were cracked beyond belief and could not be relied upon. So what you essentially have is a brand new engine in all but name.

The following additional modifications were carried out at this time to enhance reliability and improve the aesthetic appearance:
  • Cosworth sump baffle plate
  • Samco coolant hose set (in blue)
  • Samco Turbo hose set (in blue)
  • Miscellaneous vacuum hoses etc replaced with blue silicone hose.
  • Refinished engine inlet manifold (in black)
  • Fitting of carbon fibre belt shields
  • Fitting of Roger Clark Motorsport lightweight belt pulley set (in blue)
  • Installation of new lightweight Fidanza flywheel (to replace damaged original OEM item)
  • Installation of new Exeedy organic clutch (to replace worn out original OEM item)
  • Installation of Roger Clark Motorsport supplied 11mm oil pump
  • Installation of Roger Clark Motorsport supplied modified water pump.
  • High flow water thermostat
  • ARP head stud conversion.

Car is Cool grey metallic in colour, and is in excellent condition., it has a a small dent on the leading edge of the roof (due to a shelf collapsing in the garage) if I get chance I'll get the local dent man to sort it. It has a couple of small marks elsewhere, but then it's 11 years old. Car had a new bonnet and whole drivers side resprayed about 5 years ago at Scoobyclinic due to it being reversed into by a 4x4 and crasing the leading edge of the bonnet, and the drivers door had a huge stone chip, plus I was annoyed with all the shopping trolley marks

Car has been well maintained, and gets treated to Swissol Samurai wax on a frequent basis, so is gleeming.

So, have found a potential replacement, so looking to move this on to a new owner now, have revised the price significantly... I'm looking for offers around £3,500 for this superb example of it's type in what is undoubtedly one ot the best Subaru colours. I think you will struggle to find a better example at this price.

If you're interested, please email me as per my profile. Any questions please ask.

Just realised I'd missed a couple of bits of info off. Car is MOT until late Nov 2011, and Road Tax is until end May 2012

I also have a power engineering intercooler guard, which is not currently fitted but could be put back on no problem, and a colour coded fog light cover for the drivers side with the built in trumpet to duct air through, also not fitted.

So then for the pictures:

Pictures from this weekend at the Series McRae Subaru Weekender, sat next to the show winning car

The rear diffuser (not a good shot to be fair)

Interior

Under bonnet

And the plot from when it was mapped

Last edited by Scratch; 12 August 2011 at 09:40 PM. Reason: Missed off some info
Old 27 July 2011, 08:14 AM
Jamo
Cooking on Calor

Received 7 Likes on 2 Posts

Nice guy, Very nice car
Old 12 August 2011, 09:41 PM
Scratch
Scooby Senior

OK, have found a potential replacement so need to move this on to a new owner, so consequenlty I have now revised the price significantly downwards to £3500.

This is a bargain price for this car.
Old 18 August 2011, 05:36 PM
Jamo
Cooking on Calor

Received 7 Likes on 2 Posts

bttt
Old 19 August 2011, 08:59 AM
EddScott
Scooby Regular

Received 64 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by Jamo
bttt
It's already sold on and being flogged back up by Big Fud.

I was tempted
Old 19 August 2011, 10:47 AM
BIG FUD
Scooby Regular

yes i now own this car its a joke at £3500 was alot better than i thought history and servicing is second to non

ed pm me we can have a deal if you like just want a drink ive done a small oil leek and fuel to collect it ect.

Last edited by BIG FUD; 19 August 2011 at 12:04 PM.