Notices
Subaru This forum contains only Subarus offered for sale by our members.

Classic GC8 v3 WRX STi FULLY RESTORED! 57k Miles

Search this Thread

Old 25 July 2023, 12:28 PM
Ash_WRXSTi
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Classic GC8 v3 WRX STi FULLY RESTORED! 57k Miles

Welcome to the sale of my almost brand new Impreza. I have been a car fan for over 20 years and its very rare to see anything like this come up for sale.

The car originally came to me being a barn find & I have since gone through the entire thing with a fine tooth comb renewing or renovating every single part.

Rescuing an old Japanese classic like this has always been a bucket list item for me personally & now my efforts can be enjoyed by someone else. The car is backed up by a portfolio of receipts & an album full of renovation pictures. This car is now entirely future proofed for another 20 years+ & hopefully better protected than when it left the factory.

Every single part from under the car has been removed, restored and renovated to new or better than new condition. Brand new yellow passivated zinc plated nuts & hose clips throughout. The subframes & majority of underbody parts have been powdercoated black other than the lateral arms, which have been done in contrasting pink with custom STi graphics.

Brand new/ renovated driveshafts, yellow poly bushes throughout & a brand new exhaust. The underside of the car is 100% rust free & has been raptor coated, with all arch seams, sills, inner sills, inner wings & chassis rails been cleaned/repaired phosphate treated (rust inhibitor) cavity waxed & undersealed internally & externally & the car is now dry stored.

The entire braking system has been refreshed, all calipers fitted with brand new seals & fully rebuilt & painted red. Brand new rear brake lines, front & rear pads and discs & new wheel bearings on all 4 corners. All AC seals have been refreshed at the same time. Even the windscreen wipers are new.

The car has had a full respray in its original titanium silver paint, full amber indicators fitted to pay homage to the old skool JDM look. The car can come with JDM yellow spot lights or the fog light covers currently fitted. All external badges are brand new throughout. The original wheels have been re-done in Subaru GK1 gold with Falken Ziex ZE310 tyres - these are not budgets but are similar performance as Goodyear Eagle F1.

The 57,082 mile EJ20K engine is standard spec other than a downpipe & exhaust. I currently have the brand new japspeed exhaust fitted or can come with a refurbished JDM Fujistubo. Every part on the engine has been removed & renovated to new or better. The engine has had brand new head gaskets & a full new dayco timing belt kit with pulleys, a water pump & new rocker cover gaskets.

The engine has has full new fluids including fresh Millers oil & filter, power steering fluid and coolant along with a new rear main seal new diff & gearbox oil & also a new clutch. The VF23 turbo has been refreshed & runs standard boost. The intercooler has been renovated & subsequently has minimal visible fin distortion. A full new blue silicone hose set has been fitted & the inlet manifold resprayed in VHT wrinkle red. The gearbox has also been thoroughly cleaned and repainted VHT silver.

All the suspension is new OEM with Apexi lowering springs, the car also has an M2 motorsport pink H section underbrace. I have also fitted a V6 spoiler and a JUN front splitter.

Inside the car is standard apart from A-pillar boost, oil press & temp gauges & an aftermarket head unit. The electric extendable aerial was broken so I have replaced this with a brand new aftermarket unit which now works perfectly. There are upgraded speakers throughout, an arm rest & an OMP steering wheel. The remainder of the STi interior is in VGC & the entire interior has recently been removed & fully wet vacuumed. The JDM floor mats are all present & immaculate.

The car drives well although does currently need tracking. But will do this over the coming days.

Bad points;

Crack in windscreen - (cheap insurance claim)

The A pillar aftermarket gauges don't work, not sure why. I have bought new senders & checked the electrics but have had no luck in making them work, but I am continuing to try and fix these, may well just be a chassis ground they need? Unsure at the moment.

First to see will buy, there's nothing else like this for sale.
£17,995

Ash 07852301089

Old 26 July 2023, 03:37 AM
big_rob_sydney
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looks very clean. GLWTS.
Old 28 July 2023, 08:22 PM
alanbell
Scooby Regular

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Very nice, Be worth a lot more in a few years, Good luck.