Notices
Subaru This forum contains only Subarus offered for sale by our members.

Subaru Impreza Blobeye WRX STI JDM (MY03) - PICTURE HEAVY!

Search this Thread

Old 24 May 2023, 09:37 PM
Binny
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Subaru Impreza Blobeye WRX STI JDM (MY03) - PICTURE HEAVY!

Evening all.

A change in circumstance requires me to reluctantly sell my beloved JDM STI Impreza, sad times. Please see below the for sale advert I've written on the car. I appreciate a lot of you folk are going to know in great detail the spec of a Blobeye JDM STI so forgive me for posting the general JDM vs UK run down, it's a 'for sale' ad that's being posted elsewhere for all others to see.

For sale : Subaru Impreza Blobeye WRX STI JDM (MY03)

It’s well known that the JDM models of Impreza’s have a fair few factory improvements over the UK model variants making them the more sought after model. These include :
  • Stronger Revised Engine internals with more aggressive inlet cams (8k redline).
  • Twin-Scroll Turbo Set-Up.
  • AVCS Heads.
  • Equal Length Manifolds.
  • DCCD Centre Differential Control.
  • Short Shift 6 Speed Gearbox with Short 1st-4th for quick acceleration and Tall 5th and 6th Gears.
  • Quick Rack Steering.
  • Intercooler Water Spray.
  • Xenon Headlights.
  • Electric Folding Mirrors.
  • Rear Window Wiper.

The car was imported as a grade 4B in late 2016 by Hurst Cars from who I purchase it from in January 2017. I’m the first UK owner. It had only 69,600 miles on the clock from import. The speedo was converted from KPH to MPH once imported.

Before I picked up the car I had it fully under sealed to protect it from the UK winters. The car was given a full service where all oils and fluids were replaced (engine, gearbox and diff etc), new filters, full geometry check, cambelt with idler and tensioner replaced and generally given a good going over.

In my ownership I’ve modified the car for both usable power and tasteful upgrades trying to keep it as a genuine Impreza enthusiast would. Power has been increased from the standard 305bhp to around 380bhp (estimated) with only the best parts used including a complete turbo overhaul using a billet wheel on the VF37 unit. The brakes and the suspension are equally as capable to match the power. It’s a very fast car especially on it’s home turf of the classic British B road. Research will show you a JDM model with this sort of power is a very capable car aimed at B road fun, and this setup is just that.

The car has covered less than 14,000 miles in my ownership in the last 6 years. Originally purchased as my daily car but shortly afterwards I was fortunate enough to acquire a company vehicle so the daily driving of the Impreza was more like a weekend thing hence only 14k in 6 years.

The car has always been looked after to the highest standard, it’s been my pride and joy and no expense has been spared. To say it’s been meticulously maintained would be an understatement (see the maintenance work carried out below). All tuning work including mapping has been carried out by Richard @ FB Tuning (a very well known reputable Impreza tuner) with the exception of the turbo work (which was done by Craig Bellworthy @ Rally Aspects Ltd) and all maintenance carried out between FB Tuning and Hurst Cars.

Modifications include the following with all performance parts I’ve had fitted since my ownership having been done so by FB Tuning :
  • Tuned @ FB Tuning to 380BHP (est).
  • Billet Turbine Wheel VF37 Turbo.
  • Roger Clark Motorsport Fuel Pump.
  • Milltek 3” Exhaust (de-cat) with heat wrapped headers/downpipe.
  • K&N Panel Filter.
  • Electronic Boost Solenoid.
  • Exedy Clutch & Flywheel.
  • Spec-C Plated Rear Differential.
  • Tein EDFC Fully Adjustable Coilovers (came on the car from Japan) with the electronic controller mounting in the centre console.
  • DBA T2 Grooved Discs with Brembo Pads.
  • Special Edition BBS alloys.
  • Michelin Pilot Sport 4 (XL) tyres.
  • DAMD Steering Wheel with matching genuine Subaru airbag from a later model to suit.
  • JVC Double Din DAB Head Unit.
  • A-Pillar Boost Gauge.

Maintenance work is as follows :
  • Full service - All oils (engine, diff, gearbox), fuel filter, air filter, cabin filter, cambelt and tensioners - Jan ‘17
  • Tuning upgrades - engine oil & filter, NGK spark plugs, fuel filter & K&N filter - July ‘17
  • Replacement Lamda Sensor (genuine Subaru JDM part) - July ‘17
  • Motul Dot 5.1 Brake Fluid - April ‘18
  • Replacement clutch, flywheel and bearing - April ‘18
  • Gearbox and diff oil (Millers CRX 75w90) - April ‘18
  • Coolant flush and replaced (Motul) with new Samco radiator hoses - April ‘18
  • Interim Service (engine oil and filter) - April ‘18
  • Rebuilt Billet VF37 Turbo - May ‘18
  • Interim Service (engine oil and filter) - May ‘18
  • Replacement Rear Differential (including fresh oil and driveshaft seals) - May ‘18
  • Interim Service (engine oil and filter) - Dec ‘18
  • New Cabin Filter - Dec ‘18
  • Medium Service (Engine oil and filter, power steering ‘O’ ring replaced, aircon serviced, full inspection etc) - Nov ‘19
  • Air filter serviced (K&N recharge kit) - Dec ‘20
  • Full service - All oils (engine, diff, gearbox), oil filter, new spark plugs, new coil packs, coolant inspection, brake/clutch/steering fluid checks - April ‘23
  • Full underbody treatment including cleaning and de-rusting the chassis components before rust cure and wax oil finish - April ‘23.

Current mileage - 82800 (it is currently still insured, MOT'd and taxed so can still be driven although not a daily so is unlikely to be used for anything else other than potential test drives in the near future).

MOT until 20th December 2023

I’ve a folder full of paperwork including the genuine Japanese auction certificate, JEVIC odometer certificate of verification, all previous MOT’s, bill of sale, original DVLA registration authorisation letter amongst all other invoices, bills and service documents. I’ve also got the original standard genuine Subaru exhaust if the buyer wants it. I’ve got 2 keys including 1 genuine Subaru STI key.

Bad bits? The paintwork is in my opinion in very good condition for any car but it is a 20 year old car and there are a couple of small imperfections, the odd small scratch/chip etc but nothing of any note. The wheels are straight and true but again are not perfect with a few marks and for perfection could do with a refurb. That’s it.

I’m only selling the car due to needing the space at home for a van. I love this car, the Impreza has always been a dream car for me having grown up in the 90’s following the WRC and tbh I’m gutted I’m having to let it go. It wants for nothing and it’s been cherished since the day I got it. I wish life circumstances meant I could use it more, if only for a bigger garden! The new owner will know this car couldn’t have had a better life in my hands which will become very apparent when viewed. With a recent full service and a full underbody refresh she’s totally ready for the her next chapter in life.

I’m in no hurry to sell as the car can be stored elsewhere temporarily until sold. I’ve priced it competitively in comparison to other private JDM sales and thousands cheaper than from a dealer, but I’m confident it’s up there with the best on offer. Because of this I’m willing to hear the very nearest of OVNO but there’ll be no ‘it wants this, it wants that’ to bring the price down as it just doesn’t need anything. I’ve tried to be as honest as possible, there’s no secrets here.

Price - £18K

Any questions just ask. If you’d like more photos just ask. I’ve tried to be as honest as I could and they’ll be no surprises upon viewing but I’m here if you’d like to know anything in the mean time.

Thanks All,
Steven
07887 965685

Old 25 May 2023, 06:53 PM
Norman Dog
Scooby Regular

Received 23 Likes on 16 Posts

That is a fantastic example. If I had a garage to keep it in I would be very tempted.
Always thought the Blobeye was the best looking of all the Newage Scoobs.

Good luck with the sale mate.
Old 28 May 2023, 01:32 AM
big_rob_sydney
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've owned a STANDARD one of these, and it was a wonderful car. This one has been improved quite a lot, so I would have to think it will be mega. Just wish I was back in the UK. This would definitely be right up there on my list of cars to look at.

GLWTS.
Old 29 May 2023, 04:37 PM
Binny
Scooby Regular

Thanks guys. It is indeed a great car and I’ll be sad to see it go. I’ve loved this thing since the day I got it, it’s been a dream of mine to own one since getting my licence all those years ago. Who ever snaps her up will be a happy bunny that’s for sure.

If only for more room at home 😔.
Old 31 May 2023, 09:29 AM
The Joshua Tree
Scooby Regular

Received 155 Likes on 106 Posts

Very nice car Binny, i can't imagine that hanging around for long.
Old 22 June 2023, 09:06 PM
Binny
Scooby Regular

Update : Price reduced to £17k. Had a few low ball offers come my way from other sources but no one serious. Really surprised tbh as I thought one this good would have been a find. It was exactly what I was looking for when I bought it and this kind of spec, history, ownership is again exactly what I look for when buying any vehicle.

Binny
Old 22 June 2023, 10:21 PM
JdmSti2006
Scooby Regular

Received 196 Likes on 171 Posts

Airbag from me, think You will keep car a little longer.
Old 22 June 2023, 10:26 PM
Binny
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by JdmSti2006
Airbag from me, think You will keep car a little longer.
Huh?
Old 26 June 2023, 01:42 PM
Filski
Scooby Regular

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by Binny
Update : Price reduced to £17k. Had a few low ball offers come my way from other sources but no one serious. Really surprised tbh as I thought one this good would have been a find. It was exactly what I was looking for when I bought it and this kind of spec, history, ownership is again exactly what I look for when buying any vehicle.

Binny
I think it is like anything, just need to wait for the right buyer, who appreciates these cars. Good luck and it looks like a really good example.
Old 05 July 2023, 10:12 PM
apac
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

A vf37 will not make 380bhp.

340-350 tops, unless running methanol.

Last edited by apac; 05 July 2023 at 10:15 PM.
Old 05 July 2023, 10:55 PM
JdmSti2006
Scooby Regular

Received 196 Likes on 171 Posts

Originally Posted by apac
A vf37 will not make 380bhp.

340-350 tops, unless running methanol.
vf37 with billet wheel fitted, 380 is possible or close to