Notices
Subaru This forum contains only Subarus offered for sale by our members.

Subaru Impreza WRX Wagon PPP 2002 Gearbox issue

Search this Thread

Old 09 May 2015, 04:59 PM
paul_oc
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Subaru Impreza WRX Wagon PPP 2002 Gearbox issue

I was going to put my impreza on here last wednesday as a fully working car but sadly the gearbox developed an issue the day i wrote the listing! Which is probably lucky as i would not have wanted it to have happened to the new owner. So at the moment i am open to offers on the car as i don't have the time, will and cash to repair the car.
The issue is the car no longer engages 3rd gear and there is a rattling noise when 3rd is selected- the other gears are fine and the car drives well other than that. Passed an MOT with no issues the week before. See below for the advert i would have posted and to see if it is of interest as a repair job.

2002 Subaru Impreza WRX wagon/estate PPP kit

In dark metallic red

129773 miles

Genuine uk car- full service history with all documentation

New MOT in April - passed with no issues at all

Has had 14 services in it's lifetime- plus extra oil changes at regular intervals

Almost standard engine wise
Genuine PPP kit and piper cross induction kit. (with ppp certificate)

Genuine subaru Prodrive springs fitted

Has 18 inch aftermarket alloys
Two new tires on front wheels 2 months ago - Toyo T1S on all wheels, rears have plenty of tread
Had oil/fluid change at same time

Has morrette headlight conversion which is colour coded

I have owned this car since 2010 and have used for work- I'm a cameraman and often have to leave at the drop of a hat for work- as such I kept it well maintained as I couldn't afford for it to let me down. It is the most reliable car I have owned never did let me down or miss a beat in 5 years! I have finally submitted and got a van to carry my kit and my wife has just started driving, it's impossible to insure her on the impress as she just passed, so we need a small economical second car- the subaru has to be sold and will be sorely missed!

Over the years it has had many big services (14) and I have changed the oil every 6K or so. Always run on super-unleaded. In my ownership- I have maintained the car to high standard-during servicing it has had a new radiator, brakes (discs and caliper in front, plus reconditioning of other calipers).

The bodywork is in good shape:
Usual Stone chips on the bonnet
Some small carpark door dents and
small scratches - nothing that really catches the eye

Recent respray of wing and rear bumper :
A neighbour scraped the wing last year while turning in the road- insurance paid out to respray wing (with blend into bumper and door) and I had the rear bumper restored at the same time.

The alloy wheels are black with a red rim/edge - each wheel has some curbing, but the wheels run true and are balanced correctly- would look good with a refurb

Interior is in fair condition - I have used this to carry my camera peli cases and for work in all weather so the interior has some scrapes and marks. It still looks pretty good when clean.
Only one electronic issue the interior clock doesn't work (fuse?)

photos are on my flickr- if the car was running properly i would have given it a full valet but in the situation i didn't see the point- so the car looks a little grubby in the pics

https://www.flickr.com/photos/paulocallaghan/

I'm not sure what to ask for the car with the gearbox issue- make me an offer
The car located in worthing (west sussex) and can be driven fine (without 3rd gear!).

Contact me anytime with any questions -07595203551

Thanks

Paul
Old 09 May 2015, 05:14 PM
fpan
Scooby Regular

Received 174 Likes on 128 Posts

GLWTS.
Sorry for the offo topic but I love your photos! Are you a professional photographer or just a hobby?
Old 09 May 2015, 05:18 PM
paul_oc
Scooby Regular

ah thanks- i'm a video cameraman -mainly shoot commercials and BBC documentaries, i had to get a van as i could not fit my kit in the wrx anymore!

just a total bummer that gearbox gave up after 5 years of flawless driving

best,
Paul
Old 09 May 2015, 06:33 PM
Bealescooby
Scooby Regular

Let me know a price please
Old 31 May 2015, 11:31 AM
paul_oc
Scooby Regular

Default Subaru Impreza WRX Wagon PPP 2002 Gearbox issue £500

i'm bumping the thread as after a few people getting in touch it was tricky without having idea of price,
I'll happily take £500 for the car. It can be driven away.
Another note when i pulled it onto the drive i noticed the engine warning light is on - (to do with the gearbox?) but everything is fine with the car and other than 3rd it feels and drives really well.
Thanks
Paul

Last edited by paul_oc; 31 May 2015 at 11:38 AM. Reason: new price added
Old 01 June 2015, 07:53 AM
paul_oc
Scooby Regular

Now sold- thanks for the interest
Best
Paul