Notices
Subaru This forum contains only Subarus offered for sale by our members.

Classic Impreza Turbo 2000 AWD

Search this Thread

Old 01 August 2014, 09:34 AM
choness2004
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Classic Impreza Turbo 2000 AWD

Here for sale in my UK Subaru Impreza Turbo 2000 AWD. I haven't owned the car for very long, and only reason for getting rid is that I cannot afford it on my apprentice wage. The car has got tax until 10/14 and MOT until 05/15. The car has done approximately 107,000 miles.

The car does need a bit of TLC to get her back to her former glory, but she is a very good car. She does have a few issues as do all cars, it has the EML light on due to the sensors required:
-Slight boost leak, this causes the car to rev up to 4000rpm and splitter as all the turbo pressure is escaping. Just needs finding and rectifying.
-Interior needs a bit of a tidy up.
-Tape over spoiler bolt holes (spoiler is off and needs painting but is included).
-Remains of window tint still on windows.
-IACV recently replaced so needs adjusting to the cars idle. This changes due to the boost leak so once that's sorted it will sort itself.
-The ignition key does not match the door keys (I don't have the door keys, but have have a new set of locks. I have changed the boot but not the doors yet).
-Lacquer peel on front passengers wing.
-General scratches and marks for being an older car.
-No history with car as the last owner received none, have got V5 and MoT certificate though.

The has got a few modifications, which are a front mount intercooler, piper cross air filter, WRX import alloy wheels, decat downpipe (not fitted but included), straight through centre section, custom backbox and WRX armrest. Underneath the car is all from a import WRX, from alloy suspension arms to thicker anti roll bar. It also has a rear ARB that the UK car didn't come with. The brakes have also been upgraded from the WRX, so the calipers are bigger and vented and grooved discs with red stuff pads. The car also has a full toad alarm system.

The car also needed some work doing for the MOT, as I have had all of this done so it passed 100%. I've spent money where needed on this car, as it is a Subaru after all. The previous owner has done a full service, as well as cam cover gaskets which are a real pig to do. The car has recently had a new MAF sensor, boost solenoid, knock sensor, temperature sensor, IACV and auxiliary belt.

The car has got several hundred pounds worth of spares that will go with the car, which include the decat downpipe, top mount intercooler, the large spoiler, 3x MAF sensors, boost solenoid, IACV, starter motor, brake discs and lots of other parts. All will be included in the sale. There is also 1 litre of paint that has been colour matched and is included, I was going to paint the car myself but I have no time.

All in all this is a very good car and just needs some TLC, the car has never let me down even with these issues and everything has been replaced when required. Will be a shame to see her go as I've really enjoyed my short ownership, but I cannot afford the car when I thought I could which is a real shame.

I'm looking for around £1150 or near offer. Collection from near Portsmouth. I'm willing to take a PX but I'm looking for an old Honda again. Please message me with any questions and I will happily try to answer.