Notices
Subaru This forum contains only Subarus offered for sale by our members.

98 Impreza Sport 82,000 un modded project/trackday/spares

Search this Thread

Old 22 July 2014, 03:53 PM
Relaxcraft
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default £500 - 98 Impreza Sport 81,000 un modded project/trackday/spares East Manchester

East Manchester

For sale: 98 Impreza sport Metallic green 64c for project car, trackday car or spares with 81,000 genuine miles on the clock. Just failed mot on rotten rear sills - needs welding, rear suspension arm bush's and a exhaust leak (possibly just a gasket?) No mot or tax

Would make an excellent project for somebody who is handy around a spanner or somebody who wants an unabused standard Impreza and doesnt mind getting a few jobs done. It would probably be worth about £1200 all fixed up altho I have seen dealers charge up to £2000 for low milage cars like this Virtually all you need to get it going is there besides a few parts and time and effort.

Pics coming soon

£500 or £650 ono with £410 worth of extras - brand new Exedy clutch kit - clutch parts 4L motul 300 gear oil Worth about £60 min, Header to manifold gaskets and a flywheel pinion bearing. spare used but soild oil sump, spare near full mohawk tyre (see below)

GOOD POINTS

The engine is sound never let me down in 7 years, only 81,000 genuine miles with tax and mot to prove. only one mature prev owner. Cheap insurance compared to a turbo. Interior is v.good/immaculate. Bodywork shows usual signs of wear and tear 1 door car park dented, odd stone chips, blistering on the rear arch. 5 good tyres - 2 toyo poxyes CF1's on front 2 goodyear eagle nct5's on the rear, spare mohawke with loads of tread on.

bad Points:

The sump has a slight leak but can easily be fixed - sump included just needs fitting or you could just weld/epoxy the one thats on.

Clutch has started slipping so I bought bits to repair it but now I've decided to go for a newer car. It's fine unless you try to floor it in too high a gear. I've been quoted about £150-200 labour to fit one plus the exedy clutch I have is worth about £170, every garage I've spoken to said whatever you do, DO NOT fit cheap clutch's so I got that

Front calipers could do with a rebuild, a bit sticky sometimes. Parts available on ebay for about £100

The Sills need welding up on the rear end I've phoned a few placed and they guessed it would cost about £150 poss abit more. (MOT)

The Rear suspension arm bush's need replacing. not sure on the cost for that but it's not usually a dear job to do bush's (MOT)

The exhaust has a leak not sure exactly where because of the heat shield (MOT)

Apart from that the is just 3 advisories for slight corrosion to front and rear brake hose ferrules and O/s f backing plate ( behind the disc )

(can be bought with the car: brand new exedy clutch kit still boxed rrp about £170 2x head to exhast manifold gaskets £10, 1x flywheel spiggot bearing £8, 4L motul gear 300 75W90 gear oil £80, Used but sound sump pan £70 spare mohawke tyre plenty of tread £20-30.

£500 or £650 ono with the above parts included
Any questions dont hesitate to mail me... Thanks

Last edited by Relaxcraft; 03 August 2014 at 11:07 PM. Reason: added detail and price reduced
Old 27 July 2014, 04:54 PM
Scrivy
Scooby Regular

Do you still have this?
Old 27 July 2014, 10:13 PM
jaygsi
Scooby Regular

Received 256 Likes on 222 Posts

Any pictures?
Old 28 July 2014, 01:09 AM
Relaxcraft
Scooby Regular

Yes still got it all, what are you interested in?
Old 28 July 2014, 01:12 AM
Relaxcraft
Scooby Regular

Default pics

Originally Posted by jaygsi
Any pictures?

No pics at the moment but will have them this week. It's basically as said standard 2.0L sport 64c met green few chips and scuffs to paintwork and some blistering on the rear arch. inside is in good condition plus the mechanical faults..