Notices
Subaru This forum contains only Subarus offered for sale by our members.

2005 White Widetrack Blob Wrx Sti Spec C Type RA

Search this Thread

Old 21 June 2014, 05:57 PM
Mazy jazz
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2005 White Widetrack Blob Wrx Sti Spec C Type RA

As much as it hurts me to do this, it appears that due to a change in circumstances and the car being the most expensive toy it may have to go. I cannot stress enough that unless I get the monies I want for her then it will be staying.

A little background history on the car, she was imported new by Litchfield imports on 25/05/2005 and 1st registered in the UK on 08/06/2005, I have got the original invoice from Litchfields to confirm this. The car was sold to a chap on the isle of man and again I do have some paperwork which confirms all of this. When I purchased the car in april of this year the gentleman informed me he had purchased the car from a garage 5 years previous and that the garage had been an owner to change from the I.O.M plates to UK plates. This in turn makes there 3 previous owners. The owner previous to myself was believe it or not a female and the car was used by her mainly and the chap had an audi RS4. They were under going a divorce and selling up to release funds etc.

The previous owner felt the car was underpowered compared to his RS4 so took the car back to powerstation in 2011 and found that the car was still on the "less powerfull" running in map. This was corrected and the service completed at the same time.

On import the car had a 2.5" milltek exhaust system fitted and remapped for uk fuel, Cat 1 alarm and front mudflaps fitted. The total cost of the car imported to the customer was £31,200.

The Spec C RA has all the usual Spec C specification but also features:

Climate control
Electric windows
Electric folding mirrors
Central locking
Unique BBS light weight alloy wheels
STI front bumper extensions
STI front lip spoiler
STI Carbon Fibre rear spoiler
Black interior finish
Sun visor driver and passenger side
Ignition key illumination
Dedicated sports suspension (STI-made four-stage damping force variable inverted strut and strengthened lowdown spring)

The set up on these cars are really superb, there is no body roll and it really does handle like its on rails, with effortless grunt from low down in the revs, the 6 speed extremely short ratio box makes it a hoot to drive and any new owner will not be disappointed. It has always been run on V power and the oil it is run on is Fuchs Titan Race R.

As to the condition of the vehicle I would say it is very good especially for its age. However everyones opinions differ on what very good is. I have included plenty of photographs of her so people can make their own mind up.
If I do keep the car then the only things I would be wanting to do would be replace the splitter, have winglet sprayed as previous owner appears to have caught it, sort out stone chips as am fussy like that and have the wheels refurbed. Just being honest. If anybody would like any photos of anything specific then just ask and I will get posted ASAP.

The service history on the car when I purchased it was as follows:

996 miles (invoice)
13289 miles (invoice)
21254 miles (invoice)
34637 miles (invoice)
42000 miles ( No Invoice - Invoice was in previous owners "books" and the business went under - hence the divorce)

Not long after my purchase I Had the car Fully service and inspected at Three arches services located in south wales with a very good reputation for subarus. As I was intending to keep the car I had a Full Service, Upgraded AA timing belt kit inc tensioners, 11mm AA oil pump, water pump and all belts replaced. All done for peace of mind at 51,485 miles. After the work was carried out I was advised there is a very slight leak on the rear diff seal - not enough to drip on my drive. The seal was £16, with diff oil and labour I was looking at £100 to sort. This has not been done and I have taken into account when pricing the car.

The front tyres are Bridgestone Re070 with 5mm tread, rears are Falken Fk453 fitted at 51,300 miles with 6.5mm tread.

Current mileage is 52293 miles.
Tax is valid until 30/09/2014
Mot is valid until 10/03/2015 - from the last few MOT certs it can be seen the same advisories have been issued. 1 Windscreen has chip to an area less than 40mm circle outside zone A, 2. centre rear belt damaged but webbing not significantly weakened

Fitted with insurance approved tracker.

With the sale of the car is a spare rear number plate, spare set of front scoobyworld flaps and brackets.

All booklets from import are present and again pictures confirm this

The headlight bulbs have also been replaced for Osram Nightbreaker bulbs - they really do make a difference at night.

I expect there is quite a lot I have forgot to mention. The car is to be advertised on here, Type RA, local to myself, eBay, pistonheads. As stated above I will only consider serious offers. If anyone has any questions / would like extra pictures then just ask and ill get up asap.

My contact number is 07989456120.

Asking price for car is £15,500 ono

They are not marks on the front bumper....... it is the blades of grass/plants infront of it. Didn't think the iphone camera was that good!

And the inside.

How the boot is intended to be:

The previous owner used this - which is useful when putting stuff in the boot - included in the sale.

Nothing special under here other than the EJ20. As said above it is totally standard other than remap and milltek exhaust. Rolling road printout from powerstation shows 320bhp/308lbft.

And finally any receipts/paperwork that have present including rear wing angle adjustment tool.

Thanks Max.

Last edited by Mazy jazz; 22 June 2014 at 11:57 PM.
Old 21 June 2014, 06:07 PM
banny sti
Scooby Senior

Received 22 Likes on 16 Posts

Lovely car, glwts not that you will need it
Old 21 June 2014, 06:12 PM
STI Glenn
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Fantastic advert for a very special car
Old 21 June 2014, 07:24 PM
The Sheep Worrier
Scooby Regular

As max is a very good mate and living next door I see this car every day, the pics do not do it justice. I'd be a sad as him to see it go.
Tim, the last owner, was a very genuine and honest chap, and it this really was a woman owned car, used for the school runs and normal commuting, and always run on V power.
Having been in the drivers seat, I can confirm it really does handle like it on rails, with effortless grunt from low down in the revs, the 6speed extremely short ratio box makes it a hoot to drive, and without doubt if I was in the market for a newage , this would be the one to have.
I really hope this dosent sell lol, anyone who knowes they're subarus will know how rare this car is and they don't come up for sale very often at all.

Rob
Old 21 June 2014, 09:52 PM
Rob Day
Scooby Regular

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Very nice. I'm sure this will soon be snapped up.
Old 21 June 2014, 10:52 PM
Tomwrx
Scooby Regular

Thats stunning and a proper advert,

Someones getting an outstanding car

GLWTS
Old 22 June 2014, 02:29 PM
Cannon Fodder
Scooby Regular

It is a lovely car and well worth the asking price, it's a shame to see it up for sale but whoever buys it will not be disappointed.
Old 22 June 2014, 04:16 PM
KJD Mk1
Scooby Regular

A very nice car indeed and one of very few that would tempt me out of the Type R.
Good luck with the sale
Old 22 June 2014, 09:00 PM
jaywin80
Scooby Regular

Lovely looking car there mate
Old 23 June 2014, 08:22 PM
Mazy jazz
Scooby Regular

Deposit taken. Thanks for all the interest and comments. Max
Old 23 June 2014, 10:54 PM
The Sheep Worrier
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Mazy jazz
Deposit taken. Thanks for all the interest and comments. Max
:-(
Old 24 June 2014, 06:06 PM
ozzreid1964
Scooby Regular

new it wouldn't be around for long max a stunning car
Old 24 June 2014, 07:30 PM
Mazy jazz
Scooby Regular

Sold and collected.
Old 24 June 2014, 09:12 PM
The Sheep Worrier
Scooby Regular

I'm pleased she went to a nice descent chap who will love and look after her,and a bonus she's staying this side of the bridge!!
Old 24 June 2014, 09:57 PM
PC555
Scooby Regular

I'm the very lucky owner of this incredible car ... cant stop smiling since I picked it up this evening. Many thanks Max, it's been an absolute pleasure dealing with you ... hoping to get to a MWR sometime very soon.

Cheers
Jay
Old 27 June 2014, 05:43 PM
wasbo
Scooby Regular

Well done Max and well done Jay, as Rob said good to see it stay localish, see you at one of the meets Jay.