Prodrive vinyls - where to put it on Hawkeye

Search this Thread

Old 17 April 2011, 11:42 PM
matth76
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Prodrive vinyls - where to put it on Hawkeye

Hi

I have a blue hawkeye sti type uk ppp and have recently purchased two Prodrive vinyls (https://www.demongraphics.co.uk/inde...737aqj347vll63) in white and fairly small at 6" long. I was going to put one on each side of the rear spoiler (towards the top, as the car in this clip has done - although my vinyls are a bit longer http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k_Sj8POTNyY) but I had a second thought that I may put one on each of the rear doors, in the bottom corner near the wheel arch, or I may not put them on at all. What do you guys think? I haven't received them yet so I can't get an idea yet of what they may look like. I want my car to be fairly standard"ish" but just have a subtle individual touch. Do I need to inform my insurance company that I am sticking a couple of vinyls on (even though my car is tuned by Prodrive)??

First time I have ever done vinyls too. I assume I need to wash any trace of wax off, using washing up detergent, and then dry and then apply the vinyl using a "squeegy"?

Thanks for any comments or opinions.
Cheers
Matt
Old 18 April 2011, 04:11 AM
RE54
Scooby Regular

not kean on stickers personally, especially just odd random ones.

as for application, clean the area and remove wax etc, and if there small then remove them from the backing, and apply (dont use water unless they are big)
Old 21 April 2011, 08:28 PM
matth76
Scooby Regular

Default Does anyone have a pic of Prodrive vinyls on their rear spoiler?

Thanks. I'm still in two minds about putting them on. If I do put them on they would definitely go on each end/side of the rear spoiler. My car is blue and the vinyls are fairly small about 6" and white. Does anyone have pics of Prodrive vinyls on their rear spoiler?
Old 23 April 2011, 03:16 PM
sunny1989
Scooby Regular

Our hawkeye came with official Prodrive stickers from the dealer, one on the bottom right of the boot lid and one on the front bumper. just above the v-ltd splitter. Oh and the standard Nurburgring sticker!

Tbh I think I'm going to remove them when I get chance, they do look a bit cheesy!
Old 28 April 2011, 08:20 PM
SRSport
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by sunny1989
Oh and the standard Nurburgring sticker!
If this was somehow only available to people that had actually visited the Nurburgring then they would be alright but when you see them for £1.99 or what ever they are on eBay then they are just cheesy...well, desperate really.