Notices
Styling Exterior styling

NEW SPOILER.. pls dont shout !

Search this Thread

Old 25 June 2009, 08:00 PM
andijones
Scooby Regular

Location: A tiny village,nay more of a hamlet,just outside Manchester called Stockport.
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question NEW SPOILER.. pls dont shout !

Before anyone says anything ive searched the threads but cant see what i'm looking for ! but i am a computer numpty.. In a moment of madness i've bought another spoiler for my wrx 54 plate.
Took the old one off no sweat ! but the bolts seem to be an integral part of the old wrx pancake spoiler, the replacement one did'nt have the bolts in (e-bay for you) any ideas on how to get the bloody thing on ? the 4 holes line up perfectly but cant for the life of me work out how to get the bolts out of the OE into the new one.Very stressed & vexxed now
Old 25 June 2009, 08:37 PM
BlueBugEye
Scooby Regular

Does it not have 'nuts' embedded into the base of the spoiler? Mine is bolted up into the spoiler from underneath. Any pics of the spoiler, what spoiler is it etc?
Old 25 June 2009, 08:41 PM
gallois
Scooby Regular

i used stainless socket head (hex) bolts that i had lying around, cant remember the size though, although M10 rings a bell. you can get these from ebay amongst othe places.
Old 26 June 2009, 12:27 PM
andijones
Scooby Regular

Location: A tiny village,nay more of a hamlet,just outside Manchester called Stockport.

Cheers lads... Just picked the wrong time to be messing.On a stint of nights & can't sleep with it being nice & warm.Just a tad tired & can't think straight.I realise now almost any 6mm bolt would do,provided its long enough.
Its a wrc spoiler with the thread already cut into the base of it.So whilst @ work tonight i'll make up some suitable threaded bar & endeavour to "pop" in on over the weekend... hopefully !!