Notices
Styling Exterior styling

in process of a facelift on 95 wrx HELP!!!

Search this Thread

Old 19 March 2008, 05:09 AM
willie_c
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default in process of a facelift on 95 wrx HELP!!!

how does the grill attach as only 2 of the rubber dowls next to the bonnet catch line up and there is nothing on the car for the clips on the new grill to attach to??? or he other lacators to go?
Old 23 March 2008, 12:15 PM
satpink
Scooby Regular

have you got a facelift grill & headlights
Old 23 March 2008, 12:21 PM
SwissTony
Scooby Regular

Received 12 Likes on 3 Posts

Just done my girlfriend's 95 wrx so I guess you may have come across the same issues I did.

No.1 A facelift front grille will only fit if you have the facelift bonnet. The angle of the bonnet dictates where the grill fits.

No.2 likewise the facelift lights (crystals) will only fit if you have the bonnet. Though people have put them onto non facelift bonnets (see mickywrx for details )

No.3 you can still retain the standard non facelift bumper in this process, which is why you see so many early classics with original bumpers but facelifted bonnets, grills, vents, lights etc.
Old 23 March 2008, 04:36 PM
pugsleygti
Scooby Regular

just done this all myself too... the grill clips into the side of the new shape headlights ... all clips in place fairly easily just don't do what i did and buy crystal headlights with electric adjusters... mines a 95 and need manual didn't realise there was different sorts so be careful when buying off certain auction sites.... got mine from scoobyparts in the end ..... the other pair are decorating the garage cause can't return them
chris
Old 23 March 2008, 04:37 PM
SwissTony
Scooby Regular

Received 12 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by pugsleygti
just done this all myself too... the grill clips into the side of the new shape headlights ... all clips in place fairly easily just don't do what i did and buy crystal headlights with electric adjusters... mines a 95 and need manual didn't realise there was different sorts so be careful when buying off certain auction sites.... got mine from scoobyparts in the end ..... the other pair are decorating the garage cause can't return them
chris
yes forgot that part, but after a quick check with tim @scoobyparts I got the manual adjusting ones...
Old 24 March 2008, 06:24 PM
willie_c
Scooby Regular

what bout the dowels that sit on top of the bumper bar they dont seem to locate anywere or do they just sit on top of the bar?