Styling Exterior styling

Recommend a lip

Search this Thread

Old 27 August 2005, 12:34 PM
JTaylor
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Recommend a lip

So, these are the side skirts my RA has.......

and this is the rear

and three quarters

I think i've sorted the front lip, but can't sort a rear option. Any recommendations?

Cheers

J
Old 27 August 2005, 01:18 PM
jimmyu.r.uk
BANNED

Well this might sound a bit gash mate but ive seen one or two scoobs runing about with custom fitted Nissan Almera GTi phase 2 rear aprons on em , looked reall nice too not ott but still very nice and i think theyd compliment those skirts well .
A tad fiddly to fit but a decent body shop caneasy do it , to give you some idea of the dimensions involved , most scooby front splitters fit straight on to Almera!

Last edited by jimmyu.r.uk; 27 August 2005 at 01:20 PM.
Old 27 August 2005, 01:40 PM
JTaylor
Scooby Regular

A few of the lads think the skirts look chavvy - now feeling all insecure about them. Tempted to replace the skirts with c/cded standard Items and just get the rear quarter / corners spats. What do you think - I'm normally fairly headstrong and confident on styling issues but I'm a bit torn with the RA.

From a purist point of view it'd have no side skirts at all as per the factory spec - but then the air-con and electric pack would all have to be whipped out .

Editted to say;

Standard from the factory - and I like the goodies.

Last edited by JTaylor; 01 September 2005 at 03:36 PM.
Old 27 August 2005, 01:41 PM
JTaylor
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by jimmyu.r.uk
Well this might sound a bit gash mate but ive seen one or two scoobs runing about with custom fitted Nissan Almera GTi phase 2 rear aprons on em , looked reall nice too not ott but still very nice and i think theyd compliment those skirts well .
A tad fiddly to fit but a decent body shop caneasy do it , to give you some idea of the dimensions involved , most scooby front splitters fit straight on to Almera!
Any pics mate?
Old 27 August 2005, 01:51 PM
jimmyu.r.uk
BANNED

Sorry fella i aint got pics but do a search for Almera GTi pics , and youll know the ones with the rear apron .

I would nt let others put you off what you like and i also like those side skirts i think they compliment the wheels well , both very JDM style , are the wheels Rotas ?
The purist will never be satisfied with anything other than a tuned but std styled car , but stylings a personal thing isnt it so dont let them get to you as i ve heard a lot of peps on here say 'its your own personal taste and wether you like it that counts' i think it be a shame to go to OE skirts from those mate.
Just thought those purist will sh*t a brick when they read about putting nissan apron on the scooby LOL
Old 27 August 2005, 09:28 PM
JTaylor
Scooby Regular

Sorry fella i aint got pics but do a search for Almera GTi pics , and youll know the ones with the rear apron .

I would nt let others put you off what you like and i also like those side skirts i think they compliment the wheels well , both very JDM style , are the wheels Rotas ?
The purist will never be satisfied with anything other than a tuned but std styled car , but stylings a personal thing isnt it so dont let them get to you as i ve heard a lot of peps on here say 'its your own personal taste and wether you like it that counts' i think it be a shame to go to OE skirts from those mate.
Just thought those purist will sh*t a brick when they read about putting nissan apron on the scooby LOL
Yes they're Rotas (shod with RE040s for daily use, Speedlines with Corsas for dry track) - had them on my UK originally because I felt they were fairly close to the standard rims. Also, they provide a lot of clearance for six-pots which I'm eyeing up for next season. Lee @ WRX had the same vacillation re the skirts (he tracked the car as well): do I keep 'em on or not? I was in Torquay today with the missus and whilst she was shopping, I rolled a ciggy and spent about an hour staring at the car, trying to work which way to go. I think with an appropriate rear apron and the front splitter in the other thread it'd look nice....but, and it's a big but, it does go down the "bodykit" route and that makes me shudder. Parhaps I'm a snob.

Your right about not caring what other people think, but I do. I'd hate to think people thought the RA looked chavvy, in fact I couldn't think of anything worse.
Old 01 September 2005, 11:44 AM
jimmyu.r.uk
BANNED

Originally Posted by JTaylor
Yes they're Rotas (shod with RE040s for daily use, Speedlines with Corsas for dry track) - had them on my UK originally because I felt they were fairly close to the standard rims. Also, they provide a lot of clearance for six-pots which I'm eyeing up for next season. Lee @ WRX had the same vacillation re the skirts (he tracked the car as well): do I keep 'em on or not? I was in Torquay today with the missus and whilst she was shopping, I rolled a ciggy and spent about an hour staring at the car, trying to work which way to go. I think with an appropriate rear apron and the front splitter in the other thread it'd look nice....but, and it's a big but, it does go down the "bodykit" route and that makes me shudder. Parhaps I'm a snob.

Your right about not caring what other people think, but I do. I'd hate to think people thought the RA looked chavvy, in fact I couldn't think of anything worse.
trust me mate idoes nt looks good and will be even better with lips and r apron , what front lip you after ? email me as i have a few i can do you if you like , ive also got a pic of that almera rear apron but i cant post it up so ill email it as an attachment back to you if you like?

How come you put the speedlines on for trackdays , surely the Rotas are the lighter wheels? Is it just the chioce of ruber you prefer?
Old 01 September 2005, 03:34 PM
JTaylor
Scooby Regular

trust me mate idoes nt looks good and will be even better with lips and r apron , what front lip you after ? email me as i have a few i can do you if you like , ive also got a pic of that almera rear apron but i cant post it up so ill email it as an attachment back to you if you like?

How come you put the speedlines on for trackdays , surely the Rotas are the lighter wheels? Is it just the chioce of ruber you prefer?
After much deliberation I've decided the side skirts are coming off mate - wheels and ride height aside I don't want it to look any different to the picture on the front of the manual. I've sprayed th FMIC black, and replaced the ally mesh with black. I'm actually going to put the original orange vents back into the bumper as well. Know anyone that's got some knocking around?

A 2 Wheels Q. The Speedlines weigh virtually the same as the Rotas (7kgV.7.2Kg without rubber) but are forged magnesium rather than cast alloy. This makes them stronger (and loads more expensive). Additionally the Speedlines are shod with these

http://66.102.9.104/search?q=cache:-...ient=firefox-a

with Potenzas on the Rotas. Rumour has it Mr C. McRae used the Speedlines for his tarmac stages during the 00/99 campaign.

Last edited by JTaylor; 01 September 2005 at 03:38 PM.
Old 06 September 2005, 04:32 PM
jimmyu.r.uk
BANNED

oh no doubt their a good wheel but value for money compared to Rotas ? i mean for fast road use and occassional trackday i find Rotas plenty strong and light enough mate .
Cant help you with the vents but post pics up once you ve done things wont ya?