will this grill fit?

Search this Thread

Old 12 January 2003, 09:44 PM
teknopete
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool

Warwick,

Mainly custom stuff for the scoob, although have been getting involved with evo`s recently And before you say it, I know the site really is in need of an update, I just haven`t got the time ATM and haven`t had for a whilst (to busy making & trying out new stuff) For info I also do a version of the apexi grille as per the blue one, one of my friends adjusted it to fit the early scoob (in 2002 if I remember correctly) hence the undercuts on the front

Pete

[Edited by teknopete - 12/1/2003 9:50:54 PM]
Old 18 November 2003, 08:20 PM
borich
Scooby Regular

I have a 93 wrx and im after the grill shown below. I was wondering will this fit on my 93? as i have the older style bonnet and headlights. also how much should i pay for this grill, drm motorsport charge 100.

Old 18 November 2003, 08:53 PM
IT WRX FOR ME
Scooby Regular

As you pointed out about the bonnet and headlights, these would have to be changed as well. An expensive mod!!
Old 18 November 2003, 09:03 PM
M0NEY
Scooby Regular

I thought they did one for the earliers like this? So it was a post 97 grill but could fit on a pre 97 car? COuld be wrong though.

Otherwise sell your ally bonnet, join in the on the carbon group buy and ill source you some headlights on the cheap
Old 18 November 2003, 09:38 PM
borich
Scooby Regular

looks goodbye bonnet and head lights then
Old 19 November 2003, 08:34 AM
DJ73
Scooby Regular

don't be daft,saw a old post about same sort of grill and it mentioned ETS racing,try there he might still do them
Old 19 November 2003, 10:49 AM
oak
Scooby Regular

why go to the expense of changing bonnnet and headlights instead of paying £100 to DRM, its gonna cost more in the long run, plus drm can colour code
Old 19 November 2003, 12:45 PM
Big Daz
Scooby Regular

Talking

Why not just get one of these.
Contact teknopete for more info @ www.scoobymods.co.uk

Big Daz

[Edited by Big Daz - 11/24/2003 9:51:11 AM]
Old 19 November 2003, 01:00 PM
borich
Scooby Regular

planning on face lifting my car anywhow so ill wait and do the face lift bonnet and head lights + grill later on.. when my next student loan is threw

Borich
Old 19 November 2003, 11:01 PM
KLR16V
Scooby Regular

I have a 93 wrx and have fitted the facelift grill , it will fit with out any mods to it just a bit awkward to reach bonnet release but is still reachable but you need to change the headlights as well .I fitted the later crystal style lights bought second hand for £150 , you do get a small gap between the bonnet and lights but i just sprayed the black sponge rubbers that are fixed to the boonet the same colour of the car and the gap is now not visible got the grill free off a kind person on scoobynet, hey presto facelift done .I have also cut the top two and bottom two slats off the bonnet vents leaving the two across the middle and put some black mesh underneath .22b style vents for about £10 .Alot cheaper than buying the later bonnet which is very expensive by the time you buy the vents and scoop to go with it and heavier than the original alloy one .Leaves you more money for other mods .Try it if you don't like just save and get the bonnet at a later date .If i can get hold of a camera i will post some pics ,Transforms the dated look of the car .

Mark
Old 20 November 2003, 02:47 PM
borich
Scooby Regular

cheers m8 i will keep that in mind

Borich
Old 21 November 2003, 08:16 AM
DJ73
Scooby Regular

found the old post,grill like above to fit 93>97 £50 inc del,can't be bad,also why fanny on cutting old vent's to bit's when ets also has 22B vent's for the 93>97 for about £30
Old 22 November 2003, 11:11 AM
M0NEY
Scooby Regular

Nice one big daz, i knew someone sold it
Old 24 November 2003, 09:33 AM
Steve_H
Scooby Regular

Yep, ETS used to do the grill shown on the red estate......

I've ordered one (£55 delivered). Although Derek has stopped making them, he still has the mold and has very kindly offered to make one for me. However, he's very busy right now so there seems to be a bit of a wait if you want one.

Steve
Old 24 November 2003, 05:59 PM
teknopete
Scooby Regular

Exclamation

Steve,

Re your statement
ETS used to do the grill shown on the red estate
Sorry 2 have to correct you m8, but no they didn`t
Why do I now this ? Because I made the one for the red estate
They may have done one similar but I can asure you I did all the development work to make these originally, approximately 3 or 4 years ago.
Please feel free to correct me if i`m wrong, but as far as I am aware I was the first person to do them for the early impreza. Sadly though like most products, once the owner of the product makes them available there are persons who will duplicate them without crediting the person who was responsible for the development of the item This is one of the biggest reasons that privately developed new items are not released for general sale. Why should anyone do all the work for someone else to take credit for ??

Pete
Old 24 November 2003, 10:28 PM
DJ73
Scooby Regular

it said "shown on red estate" it didn't say "ets MADE the grill shown on red estate",ets did how ever make these grills year's back,the guy at revolution gave him a facelift one shaped to fit the 93>97 and ets done the moulding,
Old 25 November 2003, 10:09 AM
fundimental
Scooby Regular

They may have done one similar but I can asure you I did all the development work to make these originally, approximately 3 or 4 years ago.
Please feel free to correct me if i`m wrong, but as far as I am aware I was the first person to do them for the early impreza. Sadly though like most products, once the owner of the product makes them available there are persons who will duplicate them without crediting the person who was responsible for the development of the item
Pete
pete, i've been doing these from the very start, they were not availably anywhere when i started, as dj said i was given one from revolution to copy, in the 90's, i couldn't say how many i've made over the years, in one order alone i made thirty.
i was the first one to make a p1 splitter and now there someone on ebay saying they are the first to make them,
i'm the only person that makes 22b vents for the 93>97 will someone copy them and say they made them, i was the only person to make a single wiper scuttle panel for a astra, storm copied it and are selling it now, i been in business 15 years and this kind of thing happens all the time, thats why i'm developing new parts,
Old 25 November 2003, 07:36 PM
teknopete
Scooby Regular

OK DJ just to clarify since the point is being missed and without getting into a debate about it. You stated
the grill
and not "a grill similar to" which may be misread as implying that the one on the red wagon was a copy of their product, which is by no means the case as "the grill" on the red wagon was produced from my mould for the later year model then modified to suit. As my mould for the early units was damaged when an air con compressor fell on it a few years ago.

Hi rep from ETS (I`ll have to address you thus as you didn`t put a name to your post)
Unlike the person on Ebay you are refering to, I could list the suppliers etc who had approached me with intention of stocking various original products of mine. I doubt they would do if there were other sources available. I do not doubt that you also did a "similar" product and it may be coincidence
they were not availably anywhere
when you started. What I will say though is I was not
given one from revolution to copy
as there were was no such product available and revolution didn`t exist at that time.
BTW congratulations, 15 years thats a milestone in any industry. I have only been laminating approx 8 years, it stemmed from no one having what i wanted. It`s good to know there are others out there besides me that are developing new parts. I have recently made available various products designed by myself, which have been warmly received.
One thing that surely you agree with though is that it`s a bit disapointing when one sees imitations of their products? Yet as you say "this kind of thing happens all the tine"
All the best for the next 15 years

Pete
Old 26 November 2003, 10:02 AM
fundimental
Scooby Regular

when you started. What I will say though is I was not
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
given one from revolution to copy
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

as there were was no such product available and revolution didn`t exist at that time.
i wasn't just given a grill and made a mould, i had to do a lot of alterations to a grill to start with then make a mould, , and unless you made one from clay to start with you would have had to do the same,
if i've sold at least 70 grills and someone says a grill fitted on a car is one of mine, and they havn't heard of you then i think you can understand that, i don't want to get in a debate about them, we both do grills and thats it
Old 26 November 2003, 11:33 AM
Steve_H
Scooby Regular

Whoo Hooo !!! That's just it, I didn't realise that two different people made that style of grill.....!!

Had I known, I would have mentioned both of you.......

My apologies to both of you........hope it hasn't caused any bad feeling. For what it's worth, I think it's excellent that both of you are prepared to put so much time and effort into designing different products, and giving the Scooby community more choice...(and value for money )

sorry again.....

Steve

Old 26 November 2003, 07:32 PM
teknopete
Scooby Regular

Cool

Fundimental,

I couldn`t have put it better myself
we both do grills and thats it
now we can get on with the new stuff (BTW your website doesn`t work)

Steve,

No apology necessary and no bad feelings as far as i`m concerned, Just wanted to clear that up. BTW your right, choice & VFM is what it`s all about.
For reference there`s feature being done in one of the mags jnow on a project impreza and incase they miss out the details in the write up. The body kit was supplied by Dave @ DR Motorsport (a friend of mine) and the grill was supplied by me
Originally I only did custom parts locally and in small batches
(10 or 20), hence why you probably hadn`t heard of me but in the past two years I`ve been making parts generally available.
Most of which have been supplied to scoobynetters
Wait and see what i`ve got in the pipeline ATM for next year

Pete

[Edited by teknopete - 11/26/2003 7:33:33 PM]
Old 26 November 2003, 08:03 PM
Warwick-hunt
Scooby Regular

give us a hint pete, i've had a look on your site and all i can find is the grill in grp what else do you do?

ps blueyonder are having a bit of trouble at the minute
Old 26 November 2003, 09:19 PM
redeye
Scooby Regular

Smile

brilliant im looking for one of these grills on the red wagon.
who whants to sell me one.
Old 27 November 2003, 07:51 AM
Big Daz
Scooby Regular

Talking

Redeye, Speak to Teknopete - Pete & I will be @ AWD's openday on Sat if you want a look at mine and to order one.
Cheers

Big Daz
Old 27 November 2003, 07:10 PM
Double D
Scooby Regular

techopete can you put some more pictures on? i would like to see one with the bonnet up.
Old 28 November 2003, 06:13 PM
M0NEY
Scooby Regular

Teknopete is great. Got my stuff quickly and always replies to my emails
Old 28 November 2003, 07:14 PM
Double D
Scooby Regular

money have you got a pic of the scoop with the bonnet up?
Old 28 November 2003, 07:19 PM
Double D
Scooby Regular

has anyone got a pic of the new ets/drm grill fitted to a car? i really like it.

[Edited by Double D - 11/28/2003 7:21:44 PM]
Old 30 November 2003, 03:10 PM
Warwick-hunt
Scooby Regular

what else do you do technpete?
[/img]http://www.awgraham.btinternet.co.uk/smiley109.gif[/img]
Old 30 November 2003, 03:12 PM
Warwick-hunt
Scooby Regular

Quick Reply: will this grill fit?