Styling Exterior styling

cleaning the best results

Search this Thread

Old 14 October 2003, 05:48 PM
iain ross
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question

Collecting my brand new scoob at the end of the month a graphite mica black wrx.could anyone advise me the best way to keep it looking in excellent condition, subaru are wanting me to buy there paint protect for £225 is it worth it or are there better products that i could use myself, such as swissol.

many thanks
Old 14 October 2003, 08:19 PM
mrklaw
Scooby Regular

don't know about anyone else - I'm currently washing it with some turtle wax stuff that was highly rated somewhere (what car I think). I recommend terry cloths for washing, seems much less abrasive than a sponge.

Only git is getting the nooks and crannies dry. Haven't worked that one out yet, but need to before I wax, otherwise I'll pull water out everywhere..

Haven't waxed it yet (only got it in September), but have the meguiars gold class wax ready and waiting.

Old 14 October 2003, 08:38 PM
explore
Scooby Regular

mmmm yes they are a pain for collecting water as i have the sti spooler mmm thats real bad for water as for waxing you just have to shammy the hole car "in the shade" open doors and slam to get water out also on boot lid then shammy off the water leave for 30 mins shammy off any other water the polish, works well for me as i have the mica black to.
Old 14 October 2003, 08:48 PM
Steve vRS
Scooby Regular

Talking

Only git is getting the nooks and crannies dry. Haven't worked that one out yet, but need to before I wax, otherwise I'll pull water out everywhere.
I soak it up with kitchem roll. Fold up a square and stick it underneath the glass in the mirrors to absorb water from there in particular.

Steve

Old 14 October 2003, 11:58 PM
Alex Creasey
Scooby Regular

Cool

Whatever polish or wax you may go on to use, just make sure you use good quality cloths to wash, apply and take off wax etc..... Oh, and generally only run in straight lines along the car as any circular motions can help cause the 'swirl mark' effect.
Cheers
Old 15 October 2003, 09:20 AM
messiah
Scooby Regular

Location: Surviving as a soldier of fortune on the Los Angeles underground...
I always find its the front grille that water pours out from when you think you've got it all...