Styling Exterior styling

HELP Wanted - Victim of Vandalism

Search this Thread

Old 07 March 2003, 05:00 PM
Its ScoobyJew! To You
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy

Well it had to happen at some point I suppose!
I have owned an MY99 for approaching a year now and the last month has been an absolute nightmate for me!
First of all somebody crashed into my passenger side door and rear wheel arch on the way home from work last week.
As no one stopped to be a witness, the guy who had all front end damage himself was trying to blame everything but himself when clearly he was to blame for the entire affair!
Damage assessment to my motor was £329, but as my excess is for £275, if he doesn't accept liability then I'm basically screwed.
Apparently insurance company have more or less said that if you have not got an independant witness then its knock for knock?
Then yesterday to top things off, I parked my car up to attend an interview on Private property and came back to find some ******* has taken a key down the entire drivers side of the car causing damage to both doors and rear wing, which I haven't had an estimate for yet as I still feel gutted!
As this is on the opposite side of the car to the damage that was caused by the person I had an accident with then you can imagine how gutted I feel.
The organisation in question kindly pointed out to me afterward that I should have seen the signs "Park at owners risk".
Wouldn't you think that if you ended up going for an interview for a job and found your car had been wrecked straight afterwards they might show some consideration? Not this company!
Now I need to know if some kind hearted person in the Newcastle area can come to my aid with a favourable quote for the damage.
Any help would be glady appreciated!

Mick
Old 07 March 2003, 05:39 PM
NeilT
Former Sponsor

Red face

Mick

Sorry to hear that, is the keying mark down to the primer or just a bad scratch?

If just a scratch might be able to polish it out

Had the same down the side of my old MY00 (caused by a lawnmover would you believe) came straight out with some Swissol.

Neil

Old 08 March 2003, 01:12 PM
Its ScoobyJew! To You
Scooby Regular

Unhappy

Unfortunately it is deep and I don't think it will be able to rub out. It has gone through the primer and is down to the metal so it looks like a respray job I reckon.

Subaru have told me that it probably be in the region of £250 to £300 on top of the £329 damage caused by some idiot who crashed into me earlier.

I think I will have to wait until the dispute over the crash has been resolved and look carefully at my options.

Until then it looks like I am driving round in a wreck for a few months.
Old 09 March 2003, 11:25 PM
Felix.
Scooby Regular

Received 17 Likes on 8 Posts
When you get the crash damage repaired why not ask them to spray out the scratching aswell. They will have all the paint prepped up and it will be a lot cheaper than doing 2 seperate jobs. May be a case of slipping them a bit extra in the bill
Old 14 March 2003, 09:38 AM
Dxx
Scooby Regular

Lightbulb

Definately. Large amount of cost of respraying comes from mixing the paint etc. If the're already making a batch for the damaged side, ask them to do the scratch at the same time. Hopefully will work out a lot cheaper.
Dxx