Notices
Styling Exterior styling

Fitting STI 4 Spoiler to MY93WRX

Search this Thread

Old 13 March 2003, 10:01 PM
NelsonUK
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Right guys I have purchased a second hand STI4 style spoiler and am looking to get it resprayed and fitted. I have been to a body shop today and they say that the replacement spoiler probably won't fit properly where the old classic flat spoiler is currently sat. The guy at the body shop told me that the bolts to fix the spoiler are completely different ?? and that I could end up with holes that show with the replacement spoiler

Can anybody advise - I am tempted to get the shop to just paint it and I'll have a go at mounting it to the boot myself. Anyone had any previous experiences of this ??

Would really appreciate any advice guys cos I was really looking forward to getting the new spoiler fitted.
Old 14 March 2003, 08:37 AM
Hol
Scooby Senior
Support Scoobynet!

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts
My STI4 spoiler went straight onto the boot of my mates 97WRX, replacing his low spoiler with absolutely no drama whatsoever.

There are two bolts down each side and a pop-in clip along the front edge. everything lind up exactly.

If both your spoilers are original, then you should have the same situation.

Mail me if you have further questions

Old 14 March 2003, 12:53 PM
Charlie H
Scooby Regular

I fitted an STI4 soiler to my 93 wrx myself. He is right about the bolts but I just bought some threaded bar of the right width, cut it to length, fitted one end into the spoiler using thread lock then attached it to the boot using 4 bolts and large washers. I also put some black silicon sealant around the edge when fitting to make it water proof. The holes are all in the right place so you don't have to worry about that bit. If you e-mail me I'll try and post you a couple of pics of mine fitted for you, along with a close up of the bolts used. It has been on for 2 years now with no problems
Old 14 March 2003, 01:05 PM
mark@wrx
Scooby Regular

I fitted mine no problems at all. The fixings were all in line and I used heavy duty double sided tape as a semi flexible joint to keep out the water.