Styling Exterior styling

Dog damage to my bumper, any ideas?

Search this Thread

Old 23 November 2002, 01:14 PM
'kin quick2
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy

Driving through some country lanes at about 1ish this morning and on a clear wide straight, doing around 55 (wasnt flooring it cos the missus was eating beer food and didnt want a mess in the car), a big dog ran out of a bush about a metre in front of me, saw it instantly but didnt even have time to press the brake before I hit it on the nearside.

Myself and the missus were in a bit of shock, I stopped and check for life but it was dead, no one around, no houses, no collar, no chance of finding the owner! Stopped 2 cars from hitting it and moved him on the verge out the way.

Now got a bit of a problem, my 02 WRX has got a small split on the bumper just under the fog light, it also has a few cracks on the bottom part of the bumper - the small vent right at the bottom.

Very happy with the car (in an upset sort of way for the doggy!) the bumper hit the dogs head and then I ran him over him with both wheels (poor sod) considering the speed of the impact and the size of the dog, I was expecting a destroyed front end, but only got a few cracks!

Can anyone recommend any body shops who will be able to repair this in the Essex/Romford area??? Never needed a bumper repaired before so need some assistance.

Ross
(hoping the Mutley has forgiven me!)