Styling Exterior styling

Rear Fog Light 'Conversion'

Search this Thread

Old 07 August 2002, 08:19 PM
paulflowe
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question

Has anyone had the following 'conversion' done to their rear fog light?

Before

After (simulated)

How much? how easy? Who did it? Etc etc etc!!
Old 08 August 2002, 11:07 PM
K9VYN [Kevin W]
Scooby Regular

Wink

Paul,

Get in touch with TSL-Motorsport (0115 9377200). They can supply the correct bulb and no doubt advise on the rewiring - having mine done probably next week!

Cheers,

Kev
Old 09 August 2002, 12:33 AM
AliG
Scooby Regular

Cool

this is as easy as pie

I did mine last week end in about 10 mins

basicaly took off the fog from the rear bumper (3 screws but depends on the aftermarket fog light). Feed the cable from this should be in protective tubing which needs to be removed. This cable was rooted passed my rear light cluster anyway so just pull back to this point.

Then look at the rear light cluster there is a connector for all the lights take the end that is attached to the lights not the power (was screwed in place on mine) trace (dont worry when I say trace its only abot 3 inches of cable) the wires to the reverse bulb (black and brown I belive) then remove these wires from the connector (I managed to do this by sticking a small screw driver in the connection end of the connector and pulling the wires out with pliers) this means the origonal wiring is never cut sould you want to put this back.

Then attach the cable that origonaly went to the fog light to the reverse bulbs cables (now removed from the conector) this was simple on mine as the spade use for the fog light fitted on the remove origonal connections (you may want to heat shrink / insulate the bare connectors as they are loose)

then is is a case of changing the white bulb for a red bulb available most places Halfords etc for about £3 and voila job done

hope this helps

Ali G
Old 09 August 2002, 05:21 AM
paulflowe
Scooby Regular

Cool

Guys - thanks! I'll look at the cabling this weekend. If it's any different to AliG's, I'll call TSL on Monday for advice (or just come back here)

Cheers