The 2013-2014 Manchester United Thread

Search this Thread

Old 30 May 2013, 01:12 PM
Funkii Munkii
Pontificating

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts
Default The 2013-2014 Manchester United Thread

No need for tacky thread titles because we've won a trophy or two in our time

Well first up it will be weird to see Moysie and no SAF and I certainly expect a bit of a hangover after Fergie. So no trophies expected apart from the Charidee Shield.

I see Micky Phelan has been let go, no big deal for me but I am more concerned about Rene Meulensteen wanting to leave as he will no longer be 1st team coach , potential replacement Wigan manager according to some, if that is the case then I'd like to see what he can do and would wish him well.

Signings ??

Bale - His agent has said he would listen if Madrid came knocking, that just opens the door to every top club in Europe to make a bid, so why not.

Fellani/Baines - both linked although Fellani intends to stay at Everton according to Sky and Evra would have to leave if Baines came in which wouldn't be an issue for me.

Fabregas - Rumours of United being in for him, it's an interesting one now that Scholes has finally retired but cant see it happening unless RVP has been in his ear.

Ronaldo - I was never happy with the way he orchestrated his move to Real and how he contradicted himself in the press so often but who wouldn't want him in their side ? There are multitudes of rumours and he said this they said that, probably wont happen, moreso now his father figure has retired.

McManaman - Worth a look

I want to see more of Nick Powell next season and I'm looking forward to seeing how Zaha handles it on the highest stage, undoubted skill, stamina and strength, can't wait to see how he goes. Plus blooding a couple of the U-21's.

Out ?

Nani - Time to cash in on this ego ?

Valencia - ?? possibly, needs to up his game to get back to his best, well below par since his injury.

Anderson - Has his moments but has never kicked on, had his best season when he first joined, poor since.

Evra - If Baines does come he will have to start, cant see him sitting on the bench, a good servant but a pesky blighter we could afford to sell if Baines came in, hope he does, quality player and no bloody baggage like Evra.

Rooney - I really dont know what is going on with this fella, does he want to go or what, he could end all of this easily with an interview to a national. He has some great games but many others where he has been ordinary, some of his short passing this season has been awful, gave the ball away too often for my liking. Quite frankly he can go if that's what he wants, lets stop pandering to him.

Best of luck to Dave Moyes, he is more than capable.

Last edited by Funkii Munkii; 30 May 2013 at 01:16 PM.
Old 30 May 2013, 06:38 PM
Ant
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Now neymar Is a at barca that would free up fabregas so it could be a potential signing, moyes needs all the help he can get and the board should support it with allowing him to get some big signings.
Old 30 May 2013, 07:24 PM
Funkii Munkii
Pontificating

You'd like to think so, why change signing strategy because Fergie has retired, the club carries on regardless and signings have always been a part of that ethos.
Old 30 May 2013, 07:39 PM
CREWJ
Scooby Regular

I see your point but I still think Evra is world class, there would be no good reason to let him go.

Of all the signings above, Fabregas is the most likely to be sold. Whether he will come to us is an entirely different matter. Ideally I'd love Bale to come in but I think he will stay put for another year.

Can't wait to cash in on Nani though!
Old 30 May 2013, 08:18 PM
Moley
Sponsor

Received 24 Likes on 11 Posts

Nani can go, if he was half as good as he thinks he is we'd have a great player.

Would love to see Zaha hit the ground running, but a big step up from the Championship. Looked good in the playoffs though, so hopefully not fazed by the big stage.
Old 30 May 2013, 09:39 PM
CREWJ
Scooby Regular

I totally disagree with Zaha. I only managed to watch him properly in the playoff final but he was abysmal.

Granted he has some skill but he could never get the ball under control, couldn't cross, couldn't/wouldn't pass and didn't really have a decent eye for goal. As I said, could have been the occasion and nerves but on that performance I thought he was generic young championship player.
Old 30 May 2013, 10:04 PM
cuprajake
Scooby Regular

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

Some one said, Roney had to pay moyes money from writing something in a book about him, not sure if its true but that wouldn't be a good working relationship. Perhaps the utd lot have know about the new manager longer than we have and maybe that's why he wants out.

In terms of the league I'd do an arsenal and be happy with top 4 and cl football.

We do need a few new players, bale would be great, a better buy than Ronaldo in terms of age and longevity. It's just if we have the money to buy someone like that.
Old 05 June 2013, 02:06 PM
Funkii Munkii
Pontificating

Although it's ridiculous to change the home shirt every year at least the tea towel has gone.

This is more like it

Old 05 June 2013, 07:13 PM
CREWJ
Scooby Regular

The Cantona collar is back!
Old 19 June 2013, 12:02 PM
urban
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well guys, fixture list is now officially out.
Long time away yet, but I'll be at the United vs Liverpool match on March 15 2014 in the Europa Suite
Old 19 June 2013, 06:05 PM
Funkii Munkii
Pontificating

Tough first few weeks but nice run in. I still expect a SAF hangover though.
Old 19 June 2013, 07:18 PM
CREWJ
Scooby Regular

I think Swansea away will be a tough first fixture.
Old 19 June 2013, 08:46 PM
nick172sport
Scooby Regular

http://www.redcafe.net/threads/thiag...e-ball.355208/
Old 19 June 2013, 09:40 PM
CREWJ
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by nick172sport
Yeah... that's not happening.
Old 21 June 2013, 07:45 PM
nick172sport
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by CREWJ
Yeah... that's not happening.
course it is unless the rent boys steal him
Old 25 June 2013, 06:39 PM
Funkii Munkii
Pontificating

Cavani now linked.

So we're prepared to shell out for Bale, Ronaldo,Thiago and Cavani if the papers are to believed
Old 25 June 2013, 08:58 PM
Aaron1978
Scooby Regular

Cavani is so overrated, Bale no chance, Ronaldo is possible but again unlikely, and from what I can gather Thiago is looking close to becoming a United player.

Still hope for Baines to come in, I'd like to sell Rooney to Arsenal Chelsea Madrid I don't really car TBH, I've just had enough of him, If he's leaving for a club where he wants to b the number one striker then he's looking at an Everton/Spurs in this country and can't see him wanting to play for any other team abroad barring the top two in Italy/Spain/Germany and they won't want him.
Old 26 June 2013, 01:42 AM
chocolate_o_brian
Scooby Regular

Evening chaps.
Old 26 June 2013, 09:24 PM
Funkii Munkii
Pontificating

I'd take Baines and Thiago .

I can't say I have seen too much of Cavani but his strike rate stacks up very nicely.

I haven't given a monkeys chuff about the little **** since his first transfer request he's still dining off that goal against City and has got progressively worse as each season has passed.
Old 26 June 2013, 09:35 PM
nick172sport
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Funkii Munkii
I'd take Baines and Thiago .

I can't say I have seen too much of Cavani but his strike rate stacks up very nicely.

I haven't given a monkeys chuff about the little **** since his first transfer request he's still dining off that goal against City and has got progressively worse as each season has passed.
as above rooney must go as nani valencia anderson vidic looks like he is going to a c milan
Old 27 June 2013, 07:49 PM
Funkii Munkii
Pontificating

£10-12m bid for Baines lodged and rejected accordingly.

£15m should do it for a 28 year old with 2 years left on his contract
Old 27 June 2013, 09:10 PM
nick172sport
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Funkii Munkii
£10-12m bid for Baines lodged and rejected accordingly.

£15m should do it for a 28 year old with 2 years left on his contract
i agree not a penny more evra off to monaco
Old 02 July 2013, 09:22 AM
DJ Dunk
Support Scoobynet!

David Moyes's first day in charge

8am: Arrive at work to find my parking space still has ‘SAF’ painted on it. Discuss this with security guard who suggests I change my name to something with those initials. Return to car to find transfer request from Wayne under windscreen wiper.

9.30am: Finish clearing office of empty wine bottles. Had hoped cleaning staff might have got round to this in the last two months. Several bottles have notes in them. Stopped reading after the first two or three as they were all transfer requests from Wayne. Must have a chat with the lad later.

11am: Meet the coaches and physios, all of whom are wearing t-shirts with Alex Ferguson’s face on it. When I tell them I’m looking forward to working with them, they all start humming under their breath and coughing the word ‘resign’. The tea lady then asks me to have a big mouthful of the cuppa she made specially for me and starts giggling.

Noon: Eat sandwiches at desk in my office. Corned beef and Branston pickle. Wife forgot to pack Kit Kat. Must add ‘remind wife to pack Kit Kat for lunch’ to my to-do list.

1pm: First work email arrives. IT told me david.moyes@manchesterunited.com was already taken, which seems odd, so was given email address tempmanager174 instead. Email is from an anonymous Hotmail account. It’s a Photoshopped picture of me bumming Ron Atkinson.

1.10pm: Second email arrives. Series of links to big houses in London on the Rightmove website. I reply, asking Wayne to come into my office when he’s got a second.

2pm: Have a bit of a cry in the toilets. Phone my wife and ask her if she thinks I’ve done the right thing. No answer.

3pm: My last transfer kitty at Everton was a set of used bibs and a poster of Thomas Gravesen, so excited to get the folder outlining my budget for this season.

4.30pm: Wake up on office carpet with bump on forehead. Think I must have fainted a bit. Look at all the noughts on the transfer kitty and daydream about how many Nuno Valentes that would buy.

5pm: Decide to knock off a bit early. Wayne is stood by my car with a pen and a big sheaf of papers. Maybe he wants my autograph?

Courtesy of the Daily Mash

Old 02 July 2013, 10:23 AM
chocolate_o_brian
Scooby Regular

I bet some scousers actually believe that
Old 02 July 2013, 11:01 AM
DJ Dunk
Support Scoobynet!

Yeah, it was the bit where he'd cleared away the empty wine bottles in less than an hour and a half that made it unbelievable
Old 04 July 2013, 04:50 PM
Funkii Munkii
Pontificating

I found a nice picture of the class of 92 in the Mail today

Old 04 July 2013, 08:26 PM
belliott69
Scooby Regular

Good to see Giggs and Phil Neville made coaches today, now all we need is Scholesy as well and it'll be a good set to teach the younger players.
Old 04 July 2013, 08:52 PM
nick172sport
Scooby Regular

http://mufclatest.com/exclusive-thiago-is-coming/
Old 05 July 2013, 05:26 AM
Funkii Munkii
Pontificating

This really appears to have some legs.

Would be a fantastic signing if it comes off, we need a skillful Spanaird in our side
Old 05 July 2013, 05:27 AM
Funkii Munkii
Pontificating

Only a matter of time before Scholes joins the coaching staff

Quick Reply: The 2013-2014 Manchester United Thread