Sport General sport discussion

The FA jave sold out the Cup Final

Search this Thread

Old 13 May 2011, 01:32 PM
Funkii Munkii
Pontificating

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts
Default The FA jave sold out the Cup Final

The last bastion of traditional English football being played on the same day as Premier League games

Moved to 17:15 K.O. for next season and again we will see Premiership matches on the same day.

FA Cup final Saturday was always a special day, the final game of the season etc, everyone was up for it the streets were quiet, just seems like any other Saturday now.

A world reknowned competition that was beamed around the globe is in danger of becoming the new League Cup.

Old 13 May 2011, 01:43 PM
dpn
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I don't really care, as long as Man City are lifting that cup, because I'll be there doing the Poznan. I think the allocation of tickets (or lack of) was a bigger disgrace. I got mine no probs because I go to every home game (league and cups) and a few away days too. This cup lost its true magic a few years ago. If you look at the pot for winning, it barely pays our wages for the week! The FA need to sort themselves out, all year all we here as City fans is about buying our way to Glory and how the only players we sign are mercenaries. The truth is that they are the biggest mercenaries going, they'll suck any d**k to line their pockets.
Old 13 May 2011, 03:29 PM
yellowvanman
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by dpn
I don't really care, as long as Man City are lifting that cup, because I'll be there doing the Poznan. I think the allocation of tickets (or lack of) was a bigger disgrace. I got mine no probs because I go to every home game (league and cups) and a few away days too. This cup lost its true magic a few years ago. If you look at the pot for winning, it barely pays our wages for the week! The FA need to sort themselves out, all year all we here as City fans is about buying our way to Glory and how the only players we sign are mercenaries. The truth is that they are the biggest mercenaries going, they'll suck any d**k to line their pockets.
The 'pot' for winning barely pays city's wages?
because you're buying your way to glory, with mercenaries, and paying ridiculous amounts in wages beyond what any sensible club will pay?
Make the most of it before the Euro fair play rules clamp down on overspending clubs like City, Chelsea, Barcelona, etc.

The Poznan, Lol, even have to use someone else's celebration

Come on the Potters!!!!
Old 13 May 2011, 03:34 PM
yellowvanman
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Funkii Munkii
The last bastion of traditional English football being played on the same day as Premier League games

Moved to 17:15 K.O. for next season and again we will see Premiership matches on the same day.

FA Cup final Saturday was always a special day, the final game of the season etc, everyone was up for it the streets were quiet, just seems like any other Saturday now.

A world reknowned competition that was beamed around the globe is in danger of becoming the new League Cup.

Agreed, really sad to see the cup devalued as it has been.

Made worse tomorrow as much of the focus of the day will be on Man Utd clinching, and celebrating winning the PL. (probably).

Understand the need to move it, but then make it the only big game played that day FFS.
Old 13 May 2011, 04:17 PM
dpn
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by yellowvanman
because you're buying your way to glory, with mercenaries, and paying ridiculous amounts in wages beyond what any sensible club will pay?
Make the most of it before the Euro fair play rules clamp down on overspending clubs like City, Chelsea, Barcelona, etc.

Come on the Potters!!!!
Ooh how many lemons you sucked your way through today, you bitter man. we've got top owners who know a lot more than me or you. I'm sure they already know how to pass through these rules like buying the ground and making money with other ventures they've got planned in close vicinity to the ground. Euroean games, you'll get a taste of them next year. We'll buy your club and burn it down! The blue moon is rising. CTID
Let me ask you this, haven't the rags, Liverpool, arsenal, Chelsea and Blackburn, a c
Milan, inter, real and barca bought their way to glory over the years?
Old 13 May 2011, 04:49 PM
alcazar
Scooby Regular

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts

The FA Cup was destroyed the year Man Utd dropped out to play for the World Club Cup.

Been devalued ever since.

Something else to blame ManUre and the grape-nosed jet engine for.
Old 13 May 2011, 05:55 PM
Funkii Munkii
Pontificating

What else you blaming them for then ?
Old 13 May 2011, 07:22 PM
STi wanna Subaru
Scooby Regular

Making the Prem boring by winning it all the time no doubt
Old 13 May 2011, 07:30 PM
Hammer man
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by dpn
Let me ask you this, haven't the rags, Liverpool, arsenal, Chelsea and Blackburn, a c Milan, inter, real and barca bought their way to glory over the years?
Leeds tried too, but look where it got them. Money buys results, but only for as long as your owners keep dipping into their pockets. When they stop spending, the results stop too...
Old 13 May 2011, 08:33 PM
alcazar
Scooby Regular

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts

What else you blaming them for then ?
Being a boring side, getting away with stuff because the FA are afraid of the grape-nosed one, cheating..........owt else?
Old 13 May 2011, 08:39 PM
richie001
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by alcazar
The FA Cup was destroyed the year Man Utd dropped out to play for the World Club Cup.

Been devalued ever since.

Something else to blame ManUre and the grape-nosed jet engine for.
Can't believe I'm doing this but....Weren't UTD ask to pull out by the F.A.
Old 13 May 2011, 08:41 PM
FlightMan
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by dpn
Ooh how many lemons you sucked your way through today, you bitter man. we've got top owners who know a lot more than me or you. I'm sure they already know how to pass through these rules like buying the ground and making money with other ventures they've got planned in close vicinity to the ground. Euroean games, you'll get a taste of them next year. We'll buy your club and burn it down! The blue moon is rising. CTID
Let me ask you this, haven't the rags, Liverpool, arsenal, Chelsea and Blackburn, a c
I hardly think you can accuse Liverpool of buying glory! Buying expensive players yes, glory no.
Old 13 May 2011, 11:06 PM
yellowvanman
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by richie001
Can't believe I'm doing this but....Weren't UTD ask to pull out by the F.A.
Yes, but never let the facts get in the way of a good story!
Old 13 May 2011, 11:06 PM
yellowvanman
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by FlightMan
I hardly think you can accuse Liverpool of buying glory! Buying expensive players yes, glory no.
Old 13 May 2011, 11:23 PM
yellowvanman
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by dpn
Lol, not in the least bit bitter, just could see the irony in your comments.

Chelsea and Blackburn certainly have bought their glory, that's why no one respects Chelsea's success and look what happened once the benefactor left Blackburn.
I assume rags is Man Utd, they are big club, they have tradition, and years of success, a worldwide fan base, make profit, they make some big purchases, but most are either bought young or are home grown.

But hey, it's been a very long time coming so enjoy a bit of glory on your day trip to Wembley, as with most neutrals I hope Stoke ruin your day.

The big boys play there in 2 weeks

Last edited by yellowvanman; 14 May 2011 at 05:16 AM.
Old 13 May 2011, 11:44 PM
dpn
Scooby Regular

It has to start somewhere we can be turned into a massive club like Barca the big boys you're on about in 2 weeks. It's going to take time and investment and the end product will be a self sufficient club that no longer has to spend big, because they compete for major honours each year. I know if the owners get bored we'd be in the poo, they're only just getting started. I have to say that Uniteds record speaks for it's self but I don't have to like it. You have jut said yourself that that they have spent big on the best young talent they can scout. Is that not buying success? They aren't at the moment because although they turn a profit its not as big as there debt with their owners Wonga loan. City are in a better financial state at present.
Old 14 May 2011, 10:28 AM
Hammer man
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

But hey, it's been a very long time coming so enjoy a bit of glory on your day trip to Wembley,
The big boys play there in 2 weeks
Who`s that, Switzerland?
Old 14 May 2011, 03:36 PM
chocolate_o_brian
Scooby Regular

Well said that man!
Old 14 May 2011, 05:45 PM
pauld37
Scooby Regular

with mercenaries, and paying ridiculous amounts in wages beyond what any sensible club will pay?
Don't think any of the clubs mentioned pay any of their players £250k a week
Old 14 May 2011, 07:51 PM
Funkii Munkii
Pontificating

Originally Posted by alcazar
Being a boring side, getting away with stuff because the FA are afraid of the grape-nosed one, cheating..........owt else?
Boring ? FPMSL

Put the Sherry down old chap you're pissed
Old 14 May 2011, 09:10 PM
chocolate_o_brian
Scooby Regular

Boring ? FPMSL

Put the Sherry down old chap you're pissed

Try living in the same town as him, all I get is 'Utd this, Utd that, always on the Tv bla bla'

To be fair to Jeff, he's handy with a soldering iron and has immaculate timing when Isaac is playing up
Old 15 May 2011, 04:57 AM
yellowvanman
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by pauld37
Don't think any of the clubs mentioned pay any of their players £250k a week
I don't know the answer to that, but they obviously do pay their players vastly more than their club revenue, hence they make huge loses, and why they are the first targets of the fair play rules.
Old 15 May 2011, 03:10 PM
Aaron1978
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by dpn
we've got top owners who know a lot more than me or you. I'm sure they already know how to pass through these rules like buying the ground and making money with other ventures they've got planned in close vicinity to the ground. Euroean games, you'll get a taste of them
Wouldn't you be losing even more money by buying a Stadium for what £2-300m+

Real Madrid is a perfect example of how buying the very (at time of purchase) best players for endless amounts doesn't guarantee a thing.

Originally Posted by dpn
Is that not buying success?
United at least have only been able to buy big because of their success on/off the pitch, not the success of their owner/s in other business.

Originally Posted by dpn
City are in a better financial state at present.
Current buying power is not really a financial state though is it? The worst thing to happen to United is they end up with new owners, most likely debt free (I would like this to happen BTW).

Aaron.

PS. Congratulations on the cup win