Gary Neville Retires

Search this Thread

Old 03 February 2011, 02:50 PM
Funkii Munkii
Pontificating

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts
Thumbs up Gary Neville Retires

I think he is worthy of his own thread

I know he is hated be most football fans, especially those of the dipping variety .
No doubt hated because he was outspoken a lot of the time, and his involvement in the whole Rio saga when he tried to get the England team to strike, but more likely because he was a United player, he even made me cringe a few times down the years.
I'd rather that than be a yes man, there are too many pussies in football, too many greedy brain dead idiots playing the game that can't even spell loyalty and passion let alone show any.

Best England right back in my lifetime, he and Becks had a fantastic relationship for United and England, both capable of a killer ball into the box, just ask Alan Shearer, he was on the end of enough of their work.

When you see someone like Gary Nev retiring it makes you realise how long ago those famous comments from Alan Hanson were, "You'll never win a thing with kids" those years have flown by, only Giggs and Scholes left now and yes I will be more gutted when they hang up their boots but credit where credit is due, Gary Nev was a great Red and no mistake and for me I found his retirement speech absolutely superb and shows how much he loved the game and United.

“I have been a Manchester United fan all my life and fulfilled every dream I’ve ever had. Obviously I am disappointed that my playing days are at an end, however it comes to us all, and it’s knowing when that time is and for me that time is now. I have played in the most incredible football teams, playing with some of the best players in the world as well as against them and I have been lucky to have been part of the team’s achievements and the club’s great success.

There are so many people I want to thank and, of course, top of that list is Sir Alex. He has given me so many opportunities and countless support over the last 20 years – he is truly one of the greatest managers – and I have to thank him for that.

There have also been so many great players that I have had the privilege to train and play alongside. The experiences we’ve shared will be with me for the rest of my life. Also, I’d like to thank all the coaches I have played under from youth level right through to now, who have guided me through my playing days. And finally, the fans, who have always shown me unbelievable support. They know how special they are to me and this club.

I am looking forward to new experiences and the club will always be a part of my life going forward. However, the most important thing now is for the club to continue with the success that is synonymous with Manchester United and I will be supporting them all the way, as a fan.”

Old 03 February 2011, 03:20 PM
Myles
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Funkii Munkii

I know he is hated be most football fans, especially those of the dipping variety .
No doubt hated because he was outspoken a lot of the time, and his involvement in the whole Rio saga when he tried to get the England team to strike, but more likely because he was a United player, he even made me cringe a few times down the years.
I'd rather that than be a yes man, there are too many pussies in football, too many greedy brain dead idiots playing the game that can't even spell loyalty and passion let alone show any.

Best England right back in my lifetime, he and Becks had a fantastic relationship for United and England, both capable of a killer ball into the box, just ask Alan Shearer, he was on the end of enough of their work.

When you see someone like Gary Nev retiring it makes you realise how long ago those famous comments from Alan Hanson were, "You'll never win a thing with kids" those years have flown by, only Giggs and Scholes left now and yes I will be more gutted when they hang up their boots but credit where credit is due, Gary Nev was a great Red and no mistake and for me I found his retirement speech absolutely superb and shows how much he loved the game and United.

“I have been a Manchester United fan all my life and fulfilled every dream I’ve ever had. Obviously I am disappointed that my playing days are at an end, however it comes to us all, and it’s knowing when that time is and for me that time is now. I have played in the most incredible football teams, playing with some of the best players in the world as well as against them and I have been lucky to have been part of the team’s achievements and the club’s great success.

There are so many people I want to thank and, of course, top of that list is Sir Alex. He has given me so many opportunities and countless support over the last 20 years – he is truly one of the greatest managers – and I have to thank him for that.

There have also been so many great players that I have had the privilege to train and play alongside. The experiences we’ve shared will be with me for the rest of my life. Also, I’d like to thank all the coaches I have played under from youth level right through to now, who have guided me through my playing days. And finally, the fans, who have always shown me unbelievable support. They know how special they are to me and this club.

I am looking forward to new experiences and the club will always be a part of my life going forward. However, the most important thing now is for the club to continue with the success that is synonymous with Manchester United and I will be supporting them all the way, as a fan.”

Horrible cvnt, but a great servant to his club and country, and a part of the legacy that is one club players. Deserves even my respect. (shame about the pubey 'tache)
Old 03 February 2011, 04:32 PM
pauld37
Scooby Regular

Greasy Northern ****! Good reason to cancel Sky Sports subscription if he takes over Grays job .

Can't wait for the scousers to come on and give a few glowing comments
Old 03 February 2011, 05:31 PM
Myles
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by pauld37
Greasy Northern ****! Good reason to cancel Sky Sports subscription if he takes over Grays job .

He could never emulate Andy Gray, Neville actually achieved something in football. 'Orrible jock and 'orrible manc!
Old 03 February 2011, 06:00 PM
Funkii Munkii
Pontificating

I dont think Gary Nev would be the best choice, he'd scare the kids...
Old 03 February 2011, 07:45 PM
FlightMan
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by pauld37

Always happy to oblige.

Hmm Gary Neville the footballer? Talented, hard working, dedicated and probably England's best right back for 40+ years. Do I wish he'd been born on Merseyside and played for the real Reds? Absolutely.

Gary Neville the person? IMHO A COMPLETE AND UTTER ****. I WOULDN'T **** ON HIM IF HE WAS ON FIRE.
Old 03 February 2011, 08:25 PM
Funkii Munkii
Pontificating

Originally Posted by STi wanna Subaru
Sadly I think Scholes may follow him
I'm thinking that too
Old 03 February 2011, 08:39 PM
FlightMan
Scooby Regular

I'm thinking that too
And Giggs.
FlightMan
Scooby Regular

And Van Der Saar.
FlightMan
Scooby Regular

Then Sir Alex?
Old 03 February 2011, 08:44 PM
FlightMan
Scooby Regular

Then we watch Utd go

Old 03 February 2011, 08:50 PM
Funkii Munkii
Pontificating

PMSL we're not LFC
Old 03 February 2011, 09:12 PM
The Dogs B******s
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Gary Neville Retires

Good,what a ***** he was/is.
Old 03 February 2011, 09:42 PM
richie001
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by The Dogs B******s
Gary Neville Retires

Good,what a ***** he was/is.
Old 04 February 2011, 11:17 AM
pauld37
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by FlightMan
Then we watch Utd go

The end is nigh!
Old 04 February 2011, 06:58 PM
DLP
Scooby Regular

He could have left it until after the weekend,just to give us a chance tomorrow.