Sport General sport discussion

welcome back king kenny but utd are so Jammy

Search this Thread

Old 09 January 2011, 03:39 PM
Mus
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default welcome back king kenny but utd are so Jammy

any one see the game? thoughts and opinions. if stevie stayed on I reckon we would of done the dirty mancs.
Old 09 January 2011, 04:01 PM
Rob_Impreza99
Scooby Regular

The only thing to blame if your a Liverpool fan is your captain, what Gerrard was thinking of is anyones guess. You expect more from your captain, that was wreckless and what else was he expecting the outcome to be when he goes in 2 footed like he did ?

Not jammy at all, the only poor thing from a United point of view was Berbatov diving to get a pen, even if their was contact it wasn`t enough to bring him down, he went down as if he`d been shot.
Old 09 January 2011, 04:15 PM
Account deleted by request
Scooby Regular

Quite obviously contact for the pen, he may have gone down easy but if a defender makes such a poor tackle like that then you deserve to give a penalty away. Outside the box that would be a free kick all day everyday so for me right decision.

Gerrard is just a fool, lost his head and let his team mates down. May have got away with it if the ref wasn't right next to the challenge.

Chop
Old 09 January 2011, 04:28 PM
f1_fan
Scooby Regular

Never a penalty in a million years unless your a Man Utd fan of course!!!
Old 09 January 2011, 04:34 PM
Trout
Scooby Regular

He pretty clearly caught his ankle which would bring anyone down, but more importantly making a half-hearted tackle he did not need to make!
Old 09 January 2011, 04:35 PM
brendy76
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have read on other forums tha tUtd had an easy win, fact of the matter is that they couldnt score in normal play either, bag of ***** and Howard webb has conceded to Old Trafford again.
Looks like Berbatov cant even keep on his feet long enough on the consoles either?
YouTube - Berbatov FIFA 09 Dive

Apparently he cannot use mens urinals when out and about and has to sit down to pish, he says he cant stay on his feet long enough.

Last edited by brendy76; 09 January 2011 at 04:36 PM.
Old 09 January 2011, 05:11 PM
Hurhur
Scooby Regular

Im not A FAN of either nut berbatoffee produced a dive tom daily would of wanked over but then thats football nowadays and i shall continue to watch it and moan like i know what im on about
Old 09 January 2011, 05:16 PM
f1_fan
Scooby Regular

I didn't see it, just wanted to liven the thread up a little
Old 09 January 2011, 05:18 PM
Rob_Impreza99
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by f1_fan
Never a penalty in a million years unless your a Man Utd fan of course!!!
I`m a United fan, i stated above it wasn`t a penalty, its embarrassing when players do what Berbatov did. We had it with Ronaldo, we also have it with Nani and now it looks like Berbatov is at it as well.

I`d rather see a team win by playing football and out playing the opposition, that didn`t happen today against a team that only had 10 men for the majority of the game. How were top of the league is anyones guess, its the same stuttery United that ive seen all season that looks ok in spells but in the main pretty unconvincing.
Old 09 January 2011, 05:30 PM
Aaron1978
Scooby Regular

It was a pen although a soft one, Berbatov isn't the kind of player to go down easily an countless times in games he could have gone over but stayed on his feet. Gerrard is one of the worst players in the EPL for diving!

Liverpool have short memories when it comes to diving.

Also typical scousers ripping out seats and throwing them at fans regardless of the children in the crowd
Old 09 January 2011, 05:51 PM
Mus
Scooby Regular

it's typical from utd though they always get the rub of the green, hD stevie stayed on it would of been a different game. I really fancied us for the win but just wasnt to be. I'm sure the next time we meet it will be a different outcome.

utd are on the decline it's only a matter if time....
Old 09 January 2011, 06:04 PM
Aaron1978
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Mus
it's typical from utd though they always get the rub of the green, hD stevie stayed on it would of been a different game. I really fancied us for the win but just wasnt to be. I'm sure the next time we meet it will be a different outcome.

Hmm I suggest you research a little to how many times we've had players sent off against you and how many penalties you've had against us in recent years! At OT as well!
Old 09 January 2011, 06:04 PM
f1_fan
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Rob_Impreza99
I`m a United fan, i stated above it wasn`t a penalty, its embarrassing when players do what Berbatov did. We had it with Ronaldo, we also have it with Nani and now it looks like Berbatov is at it as well.

I`d rather see a team win by playing football and out playing the opposition, that didn`t happen today against a team that only had 10 men for the majority of the game. How were top of the league is anyones guess, its the same stuttery United that ive seen all season that looks ok in spells but in the main pretty unconvincing.
No worries mate, I was only kidding... as I said just wanted to liven the trhead up a little
Old 09 January 2011, 06:07 PM
chocolate_o_brian
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Mus

Clutching at straws from a typical Scouser. More concerned at Utd's supposed downfall (take a look at the legue table Mus) than his own teams stuttering form.

Hey guess what?? We're top of the league and not playing well so hardly call that a decline.

And as for the so call fans ripping out chairs and throwing them around - I won't even respond
Old 09 January 2011, 06:10 PM
CrisPDuk
Scooby Regular

I had no problem with Gerrard's sending off, pillock should know better than to jump in like that, especially right in front of the ref

It was never a ever a penalty in a million years though He didn't even go down off the leg that Agger allegedly clipped

Having said that, what goes around, comes around. Owen was a World Champion diver when he played for us, in fact that's probably what fcuked his knees up
Old 09 January 2011, 06:29 PM
FlightMan
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Rob_Impreza99

Amen. Well said.

He was caught, but then took another step, and decided to fall over. Bloody disgraceful. We were beaten though so it's all over now.

Just happy in that we actually looked to be playing for the shirt.
Old 09 January 2011, 07:03 PM
madcyril
Scooby Regular

is webb a utd fan ?? no way was that a pen
Old 09 January 2011, 07:09 PM
ScoobyDriverWannabe
Scooby Regular

1819: Breaking news: The Football Association has opened an investigation after Liverpool winger Ryan Babel posted a digitally altered picture on Twitter of referee Howard Webb wearing a Manchester United shirt.
Old 09 January 2011, 07:24 PM
Trout
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by ScoobyDriverWannabe
That is a pretty silly thing to do.

Very funny though!
Old 09 January 2011, 07:57 PM
Aaron1978
Scooby Regular

Well Mr Babel, I too can get messages across using pictures!

Old 09 January 2011, 08:02 PM
what would scooby do
Scooby Senior

Kenny's face was a Liverpool colour, I think he needs to take a medical..
Old 09 January 2011, 08:05 PM
njkmrs
Scooby Regular

Well to be honest the Scousers can now concentrate on their relegation battle !!!!!!
So its probably a good thing for them .
Old 10 January 2011, 08:29 AM
Mus
Scooby Regular

bollox to all the mancs, man utd are the luckiest teams In the league how many times do you score late goals? and how many times do you get penalties at old Trafford. stevies red was hit and miss as rafael the utd right back done something a bit similar seconds before which made gerrard put in a tackle I don't think he ment anything by it was heat of the moment.

utd are in 750 million pound debt and your squad ain't worth much. your top of the league now but I assure you that won't last long

Last edited by Mus; 10 January 2011 at 08:31 AM.
Old 10 January 2011, 08:53 AM
P1Fanatic
Scooby Regular

You normally dont get penalty decisions so early in the game. There was contact before but Berbatov didnt go down. Even after I saw a few replays from diff angles I was unsure as from the rear it seemed like he caught his trailing ankle. So yep a soft penalty but weve all had those given against us.

Gerrard only has himself to blame. ITV commentary team were blaming it another playing bottling the tackle with Rafael so Stevie had to show them who is boss. Really did that well. As for Mus comparing gerrards both feet of the ground horizontal tackle to Rafaels little vertical hop (which he pulled out of) - you should have gone to specsavers. All players know by now that if you lead with both feet off the ground then your asking for trouble and there was no need for him to do it.

I was concerned that we lacked the cutting edge to finish the game. Evans was unlucky with the header but Berbatov had a few chances he should have put away.

We aint playing great this season other than the odd majical spell from Nani, Hernandez or Berbatov. Consistency has been our key.
Old 10 January 2011, 10:00 AM
chocolate_o_brian
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Mus
bollox to all the mancs, man utd are the luckiest teams In the league how many times do you score late goals? and how many times do you get penalties at old Trafford. stevies red was hit and miss as rafael the utd right back done something a bit similar seconds before which made gerrard put in a tackle I don't think he ment anything by it was heat of the moment.

utd are in 750 million pound debt and your squad ain't worth much. your top of the league now but I assure you that won't last long
I'd pop in the fridge and throw those grapes in the bin, they're sour.

Wahhhh
Old 10 January 2011, 11:14 AM
Mus
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by P1Fanatic
You normally dont get penalty decisions so early in the game. There was contact before but Berbatov didnt go down. Even after I saw a few replays from diff angles I was unsure as from the rear it seemed like he caught his trailing ankle. So yep a soft penalty but weve all had those given against us.

Gerrard only has himself to blame. ITV commentary team were blaming it another playing bottling the tackle with Rafael so Stevie had to show them who is boss. Really did that well. As for Mus comparing gerrards both feet of the ground horizontal tackle to Rafaels little vertical hop (which he pulled out of) - you should have gone to specsavers. All players know by now that if you lead with both feet off the ground then your asking for trouble and there was no need for him to do it.

I was concerned that we lacked the cutting edge to finish the game. Evans was unlucky with the header but Berbatov had a few chances he should have put away.

We aint playing great this season other than the odd majical spell from Nani, Hernandez or Berbatov. Consistency has been our key.
your only top of the league as everyone else is having a poor season and you know it, it's only a matter of time before the goners leap you. gerrards tackle had no animosity behind his eyes were on the ball. I've seen much worse get away with it.

if carrick had the ball then fair enough they were both trying to get to the ball.
Old 10 January 2011, 11:15 AM
Mus
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by chocolate_o_brian
I'd pop in the fridge and throw those grapes in the bin, they're sour.

Wahhhh
lmao I hate mancs
Old 10 January 2011, 12:21 PM
Funkii Munkii
Pontificating

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Mus
They've been saying that since 2000

As for LFC, now that's a decline of biblical/koranic proportions.

Why do people run around like little sycophants calling Gerrard "Stevie G" is he some sort of DJ ? no he just hits them
Old 10 January 2011, 12:24 PM
Funkii Munkii
Pontificating

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by azz250478
It was a pen although a soft one, Berbatov isn't the kind of player to go down easily an countless times in games he could have gone over but stayed on his feet. Gerrard is one of the worst players in the EPL for diving!

Liverpool have short memories when it comes to diving.

Also typical scousers ripping out seats and throwing them at fans regardless of the children in the crowd
At least they weren't taking a **** and throwing it on the supporters below them, they save that for their own ground, did they smash the toilets up this time ?
Old 10 January 2011, 12:28 PM
Mus
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Funkii Munkii
They've been saying that since 2000

As for LFC, now that's a decline of biblical/koranic proportions.

Why do people run around like little sycophants calling Gerrard "Stevie G" is he some sort of DJ ? no he just hits them
we got kenny back things will be different from now on, I know we won't win the league this year but I doubt utd will win anything this year apart from nani, berba rio and evra your squad is average you just have so much luck. I know we only have stevie and torres but we have money to add players you don't. that's why you got 40 year olds with grey hair playingfor you.

Quick Reply: welcome back king kenny but utd are so Jammy