Sport General sport discussion

wobbly leg syndrome at stoke today

Search this Thread

Old 27 February 2010, 08:43 PM
bigsinky
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default wobbly leg syndrome at stoke today

that looked really bad. the bottom of his leg was wobbling about like a jelly. anyone sky+ the tackle. i didnt. sky wont show it again.
Old 27 February 2010, 09:05 PM
The Dogs B******s
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Not nice
YouTube - Aaron Ramsey gets Tackled vs Stoke
Old 27 February 2010, 09:18 PM
shamone
Scooby Regular

Did look awful - but i don't think it was that bad a tackle, even thought he was a bit unfortunate to get a red card - but i guess the injury swayed the ref.

I HAS happened to the gooners a lot, but i guess that's what you get for having a team full of pansies........

Seriously though, poor Aaron Ramsey!! Hope the lad makes a swift recovery, he's a great prospect for the future
Old 27 February 2010, 09:18 PM
richie001
Scooby Regular

I won't watch it,i just hope the boy makes a full recovery.
Old 27 February 2010, 09:49 PM
fitzscoob
Scooby Regular

I saw this as it happened, it looked like a 50 - 50 challenge and sadly Aaron got seriously injured. It didnt look like there was any intent from the stoke player, no studs showing or anything just a tough challenge from each player.

A sad and sickening injury for Ramsay though, and as with everyone else I hope its something he can recover from and resume football.
Old 27 February 2010, 09:56 PM
SirFozzalot
Scooby Regular

Eurgh! That looked nasty! The bottom part of his leg flopping around!

Hope it doesn't end his career!
Old 27 February 2010, 10:30 PM
The Dogs B******s
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by fitzscoob
I saw this as it happened, it looked like a 50 - 50 challenge and sadly Aaron got seriously injured. It didnt look like there was any intent from the stoke player, no studs showing or anything just a tough challenge from each player.

A sad and sickening injury for Ramsay though, and as with everyone else I hope its something he can recover from and resume football.
As above
Old 27 February 2010, 10:33 PM
LG John
Scooby Regular

I really feel for Shawcross. The reaction from the Arsenal camp has been pretty bad and I don't think it was an overly dangerous, malicious, or illegal challenge. They both went in hard and unfortunately it turned out bad. That's the risk of physical sport and these players are more than comphensated for it.

I hope the guy recovers and this isn't career ending. At the same time, I hope that the tackle is viewed as an unfortunate accident in the cold light of day.

Also, I think this has to be a red card, even though the tackle didn't merit it. Simply put, there is no reason for a player to continue on the park when he's broken another guys leg - even if it was accidental. He cannot be expected to perform and other players may take a pop. I don't think the tackle was red card worthy, but the result was.
Old 27 February 2010, 10:56 PM
The Dogs B******s
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Saxo Boy
I really feel for Shawcross. The reaction from the Arsenal camp has been pretty bad and I don't think it was an overly dangerous, malicious, or illegal challenge. They both went in hard and unfortunately it turned out bad. That's the risk of physical sport and these players are more than comphensated for it.

I hope the guy recovers and this isn't career ending. At the same time, I hope that the tackle is viewed as an unfortunate accident in the cold light of day.

Also, I think this has to be a red card, even though the tackle didn't merit it. Simply put, there is no reason for a player to continue on the park when he's broken another guys leg - even if it was accidental. He cannot be expected to perform and other players may take a pop. I don't think the tackle was red card worthy, but the result was.
You have just contradicted yourself.
Old 28 February 2010, 12:20 AM
Funkii Munkii
Pontificating

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

Did the same thing myself 15 years ago, at least his foot was the right way round.

If it was a clean break on the tib and fib he'll be back next season, it just depends if either bone was shattered like Dave Buust, if it was then it seems unlikely.

Hope he makes a full recovery, a shocking break, but no mallice in the tackle.
Old 28 February 2010, 12:50 AM
LG John
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by The Dogs B******s
You have just contradicted yourself.
I think it's pretty obvious in my post that I a) recognise and b) address my contradiction.

A red card isn't merited.....but it has to happen.
Old 28 February 2010, 09:55 AM
STi wanna Subaru
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by **************
What I want to know is why this has happened 3 times now to Arsenal players in 5 years yet you don't any other team suffering this in the Premiership. Teams are taking the p!ss in trying to rough us up and this happens. It has got to stop as trying to win a game should not be at the cost of ruining another players career

Having seen Eduardo's tackle and resulting injury i'm not watching that video as I don't wish to witness another grusome injury. All I want to hear is it's not as bad as first thought and not as bad as Eduardos and that the poor kid is going to make a full recovery.
Terrible injury and hope he makes a full recovery but it looked a 60:40 to Ramsey and although a hard tackle no malice. As for Arsenal being the victims that's just nonsense. I don't recall Wenger or the Arsenal players apologising earlier this season when Gallas almost broke the Bolton players ankle. I wont even bring up the time they were trying to kick Nani.
Old 28 February 2010, 11:06 AM
Dan Gleebits
Scooby Regular

Location: in a place where there lots of rocks to chuck at feejits

Diesel, my thoughts entirely.. yes it does seem coincidental that its happening to players from the **** more than any other club.. is this a fault of dirty players booting **** players all over the park? methinks not.. you could possibly even argue the point that maybe the **** arent giving their players the correct nutriments/physical training, therefore leaving them more susceptable to brittle bones perhaps? Arsene can bleat all he likes about this situation and none of us want to see this happening with any sort of regularity.
however , none of this detracts from the fact theres a lad whos carreer is on hold at the very least. I for one hope he mends well and carries on with his career at the earliest.
Old 28 February 2010, 02:04 PM
Aaron1978
Scooby Regular

What I want to know is why this has happened 3 times now to Arsenal players in 5 years yet you don't any other team suffering this in the Premiership. Teams are taking the p!ss in trying to rough us up and this happens. It has got to stop as trying to win a game should not be at the cost of ruining another players career

Having seen Eduardo's tackle and resulting injury i'm not watching that video as I don't wish to witness another grusome injury. All I want to hear is it's not as bad as first thought and not as bad as Eduardos and that the poor kid is going to make a full recovery.
There was no malice in that tackle whatsoever, whoever got to the ball first was going to win a foul! It didn't look a bad tackle and the players reaction was evident that he was gutted by the incident. Wengers comments like yours are quite laughable, only Wengers are out of order. If i wanted to break someones leg in a tackle on purpose i could do it first time everytime, simple as that. Lots of other clubs have had players with broken legs but Wenger thinks other teams are only out to foul you, he's a fecking joke. He signs players that are injury prone and soon as they get a hard tackle their injured. Wenger has had some of the dirtiest players i've seen in his teams over the years and i bet we could find tackles committed by arsenal players that are worse than that one yesterday only not with the same outcome.

In the last 5 years in the prem (thats 190 games) i would say thats a fair few thousand tackles against you and only 3 broken legs and your saying people are doing it on purpose, you need to take those Wenger specticles off my friend.

Aaron
Old 28 February 2010, 02:09 PM
The Dogs B******s
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by azz250478
There was no malice in that tackle whatsoever, whoever got to the ball first was going to win a foul! It didn't look a bad tackle and the players reaction was evident that he was gutted by the incident. Wengers comments like yours are quite laughable, only Wengers are out of order. If i wanted to break someones leg in a tackle on purpose i could do it first time everytime, simple as that. Lots of other clubs have had players with broken legs but Wenger thinks other teams are only out to foul you, he's a fecking joke. He signs players that are injury prone and soon as they get a hard tackle their injured. Wenger has had some of the dirtiest players i've seen in his teams over the years and i bet we could find tackles committed by arsenal players that are worse than that one yesterday only not with the same outcome.

In the last 5 years in the prem (thats 190 games) i would say thats a fair few thousand tackles against you and only 3 broken legs and your saying people are doing it on purpose, you need to take those Wenger specticles off my friend.

Aaron
Well said,,,,,,,,,,,i've started to hate that moaning tw*t Wenger
Old 28 February 2010, 02:13 PM
Dan Gleebits
Scooby Regular

Only started to?
Old 28 February 2010, 09:07 PM
G00ner
Scooby Regular

Location: Poole - in an Isuzu D-Max LE (Prodrive Version) Gamer Tag "Coin Slot"

If this had happened 3 times to say for instance, Rooney, Ronaldo and Ferdinand then Fergie would be throwing the same kind of paddy as Wenger, infact any manager of any team would be pissed of it had happened three times in four years to them.
Old 28 February 2010, 09:23 PM
The Dogs B******s
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by G00ner
If this had happened 3 times to say for instance, Rooney, Ronaldo and Ferdinand then Fergie would be throwing the same kind of paddy as Wenger, infact any manager of any team would be pissed of it had happened three times in four years to them.
It was an accident,,,,,,,,,,,get over it
Old 28 February 2010, 09:34 PM
Moley
Sponsor

Received 24 Likes on 11 Posts

It does happen to other teams (eg Alan Smith) but it is just down to bad luck.
Old 28 February 2010, 09:46 PM
SirFozzalot
Scooby Regular

Old 28 February 2010, 09:48 PM
The Dogs B******s
Scooby Regular

Find me another Premiership club with 3 players in 5 years with serious career threatening broken legs. So all those saying stop moaning why don't you **** off and look at the stats and see that this is more than just a one off

It is well known teams go out to rough Arsenal up and this is the outcome and it has to stop.
So your saying 'Shawcross meant to do it'???????????
Old 28 February 2010, 09:53 PM
STi wanna Subaru
Scooby Regular

Find me another Premiership club with 3 players in 5 years with serious career threatening broken legs. So all those saying stop moaning why don't you **** off and look at the stats and see that this is more than just a one off

It is well known teams go out to rough Arsenal up and this is the outcome and it has to stop.
when Arsenal were picking up red cards week in week out you never heard this. If Arsenal can be roughed up it's the fault of the manager and players. The rules are there for all teams and it's a physical sport. You have to deal with that side of it as well as the pretty side. Saying all that I hate seeing players get injuries of the nature suffered yesterday but they do happen and will happen.
Old 28 February 2010, 09:54 PM
Dan Gleebits
Scooby Regular

<James May>

Permission to say ****** ??

</James May>
Old 28 February 2010, 10:06 PM
Dan Gleebits
Scooby Regular

Of course they do, Arsene.. of course they do..
Old 28 February 2010, 10:06 PM
Dan Gleebits
Scooby Regular

Fergie would have most likely said what ever he needed to say and THEN GOT ON WITH IT!!
Old 28 February 2010, 10:33 PM
Aaron1978
Scooby Regular

So teams don't go out to deliberately rough Arsenal players up then? 3 extremely serious injuries in 5 years to the same team is just a coincidence is it when it is a rarity(fortunately) to see it happen to any team?

I'd love to know how Ferguson would have reacted had it happened to Rooney, Ronaldo and Beckham in the space of 5 years.
First of all at least compare players of the same quality not reserve/fringe players because i could give you numerous examples from other teams.

Second of all, as it is Wenger complaing of being roughed up and your players being bullied ans hard challenges why don't we scrutinize Wenger and his teams and tactics. Namely the 72 yes 72 red cards which Arsenal have recieved since he took charge! and how also when they were indeed last successful they had the payers that used to carry out this very same kind of physical treatment that teams employ against Arsenal.

Stop crying about it and look at your team and tactics and the lack of admission that they are not good enough or strong enough for the premiership. You think its only Arsenal that get this treatment from 'lesser' teams when it happens every week to other sides. It IS just coincedence that you've had 3 broken legs.

And I'll ask too, Do you think Shawcross intentionally went to break Ramsey's leg?
Old 28 February 2010, 10:37 PM
The Dogs B******s
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by azz250478
First of all at least compare players of the same quality not reserve/fringe players because i could give you numerous examples from other teams.

Second of all, as it is Wenger complaing of being roughed up and your players being bullied ans hard challenges why don't we scrutinize Wenger and his teams and tactics. Namely the 72 yes 72 red cards which Arsenal have recieved since he took charge! and how also when they were indeed last successful they had the payers that used to carry out this very same kind of physical treatment that teams employ against Arsenal.

Stop crying about it and look at your team and tactics and the lack of admission that they are not good enough or strong enough for the premiership. You think its only Arsenal that get this treatment from 'lesser' teams when it happens every week to other sides. It IS just coincedence that you've had 3 broken legs.

And I'll ask too, Do you think Shawcross intentionally went to break Ramsey's leg?

Please can i answer that one??????????,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,NO

Quick Reply: wobbly leg syndrome at stoke today