Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts
Default Oldham Athletic...........

.............wtf has happened, Davegtt?

Alcazar
Old 29 October 2007, 05:54 PM
Funkii Munkii
Pontificating

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

No monies wasted this season on the Latics , nor Scunny come to that, two of my fave "backing" teams of recent years.

Like the man says Dave, what's happening ??

I backed Wolves at the weekend, 1st time this season what a ******* mistake that was !!
Old 29 October 2007, 07:38 PM
davegtt
Scooby Senior

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Erm, do you really want to know?

We thought we'd stand our ground and not be held to ransom letting Ritchie Wellens go to Doncaster, best midfielder in the league by a country mile. Instead we let him go and use his wage bill to subsidise Lee Hughes, Michael Ricketts, Craig Davies and Neil Kilkenny. So far, we have made that many changes, the team is brand new and cant gel. we have quality strikers making runs that our cr@ppy midfielders just cant keep up with and supply the decent ***** for them. Great defence, great strikers, just losing the battles in midfield.

Although Im holding some kind of hope that our season, once again will turn as it did last year at the City Ground. Tomorrow night, keep an eye on the score boys, Im expecting us to run riot (they bl00dy better do, paying £24 to watch, what has so far this season been a shower of ****)
Old 29 October 2007, 10:48 PM
DLP
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Funkii Munkii
No monies wasted this season on the Latics , nor Scunny come to that, two of my fave "backing" teams of recent years.

Like the man says Dave, what's happening ??

I backed Wolves at the weekend, 1st time this season what a ******* mistake that was !!
Save your money Funkii,wolves are just grinding out results at the moment somehow,but not saturday i,m afraid.
Old 30 October 2007, 02:25 AM
Stevesbluewrx
Scooby Regular

Look on the bright side davegtt. You could be bottom like my team. Kevin Bond is a pile of ****e and cannot manage a school sweet shop.

Steve
Old 30 October 2007, 08:16 AM
Funkii Munkii
Pontificating

Wink

Originally Posted by DLP
Save your money Funkii,wolves are just grinding out results at the moment somehow,but not saturday i,m afraid.
See my history of backing Wolves last season

I'll follow LUCKO and start backing against
Old 30 October 2007, 09:51 AM
davegtt
Scooby Senior

Originally Posted by Stevesbluewrx
Look on the bright side davegtt. You could be bottom like my team. Kevin Bond is a pile of ****e and cannot manage a school sweet shop.

Steve
24th or 21st, we all end up dropping to the same league Least you have the seaside to brighten you up after a defeat

Trending Topics

Old 31 October 2007, 08:06 AM
Funkii Munkii
Pontificating

Originally Posted by davegtt
Although Im holding some kind of hope that our season, once again will turn as it did last year at the City Ground. Tomorrow night, keep an eye on the score boys, Im expecting us to run riot (they bl00dy better do, paying £24 to watch, what has so far this season been a shower of ****)
Did you ask for your money back on the way out, by most accounts a really dire match
Old 31 October 2007, 10:04 AM
davegtt
Scooby Senior

Did you ask for your money back on the way out, by most accounts a really dire match
Which game were you at then? I thought it was great, Latics dominated the first half although not really any many clear cut chances, second half was end to end stuff and good advertisement for League 1 considering it was 0-0. Atmosphere in the away end was second to none considering there was only 371 away fans.
Old 31 October 2007, 01:47 PM
Funkii Munkii
Pontificating

Originally Posted by davegtt
Which game were you at then? I thought it was great, Latics dominated the first half although not really any many clear cut chances, second half was end to end stuff and good advertisement for League 1 considering it was 0-0. Atmosphere in the away end was second to none considering there was only 371 away fans.
Just going by 5Live and Sky Sports news reports, nothing like being there though is there, the amount of time i've been to a game and then read the report and thought, they watched match of the day and weren't even at the game!!
Old 31 October 2007, 04:30 PM
davegtt
Scooby Senior

Just going by 5Live and Sky Sports news reports, nothing like being there though is there, the amount of time i've been to a game and then read the report and thought, they watched match of the day and weren't even at the game!!
Its league 1, they'd never send a BBC or Sky Sports reporter to the game
Old 31 October 2007, 04:48 PM
Funkii Munkii
Pontificating

Lol, the Beeb deffo had a correspondent at the game, although it was NF who he called dire, without a shot on goal after 75 mins.

I suppose being in Div 1 you're lucky if you get as much as the "Crossbar Challenge" which if I remember rightly Oldham have participated in, there must be a web site out there saying who's been on it and who's the most successful never seen Utd do the challenge though probably too aloof
Old 31 October 2007, 05:07 PM
davegtt
Scooby Senior

Must admit yeah I aint seen United on a crossbar challenge either, we were the first participants this year with one of our youngsters hitting the bar

The BBC dont always send a correspondant. We've been emailing them recently as theyve cut their coverage off for half of the lower leagues, budget cuts etc. Theyve been getting their reports from a local reporter recently from what I gather.
Old 02 November 2007, 01:17 AM
Stevesbluewrx
Scooby Regular

A work friend of mine is a ticket holder Dave. He thinks there be ok? Just need to gel as a team.

Maybe we will see eachother next year? Grimsby anyone??

Steve
Old 02 November 2007, 01:23 AM
davegtt
Scooby Senior

Yeah, Im sure we'll be fine, we just dont have a goalscorer tbh, lots of hold the ball up players, hoping Hughes will make the difference when fit but the runs he makes are too intelligent and quick for the midfielders to look at in this division

Grimsby eh, 3-3 New years day? (maybe boxing day, I cant remember, I was intoxicated lol) Either way, I hope I aint seeing your lot next year... not that I dont want you to go up. Id just rather we did