Search this Thread

Old 09 August 2007, 07:47 PM
Funkii Munkii
Pontificating

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts
Default What's you're problem Jack ??

from the Beeb, Fifa man gets all shirty with the English

Jack Warner

Fifa vice-president Jack Warner said he will battle to stop England hosting the 2018 World Cup.

His decision will be a blow to the Football Association, who were likely to plan a bid on the back of any change to the current selection procedures.

"If the World Cup were to go to Europe, I'm quite sure, with the English luck as it is, they won't get it," Warner told BBC World Service.

"There are moves to give it to England. I must fight that."

Warner, a member of the world football body's executive committee since 1983, added: "It will be Italy, Spain, or even France who will get the World Cup if it goes to Europe.

"Nobody in Europe likes England. England invented the sport but has never made any impact on world football."

It is believed Fifa president Sepp Blatter is set to end the World Cup rotation policy when the executive committee meet later in the year.

Instead, the association are likely to approve a format that only precludes the continents that held the previous two World Cups from bidding again, which in 2018 would be Africa and South America.

Warner, president of Concacaf, added that he would battle to bring international football's premier tournament to his region, which covers North and Central America and the Caribbean.

England invented the sport but has never had made any impact on world football

Fifa vice-president Jack Warner

"I really don't believe that we should just lay down and play dead to anyone who wants to take the World Cup from Concacaf," he said.

In July another Fifa executive committee member and former World Cup winner, German legend Franz Beckenbauer, offered his support to England hosting the 2018 World Cup.

He told BBC Five Live's Sportsweek: "There is no better country in Europe to host the World Cup in 2018. England is the favourite."

He added: "The most important thing is to end the rotation and bring the tournament back to Europe.

"The Premier League at the moment is the best league in Europe and the stadiums are outstanding.

"In my opinion, there is only one very serious candidate and it is England."

BBC World Service will air the full interview with Jack Warner on World Football with Alan Green on Saturday 11 August and Saturday 18 August.

Yet another plum from Fifa talking utter tripe

How preposterous is this man, he needs to have a look at the 3 countries he's proposing,

Italy - Hooligan problems **** style policing

Spain - Bunch of racists

France - likely to strike at any given moment, and the French themselves I think more people dislike the French than the English

Do one Jack

Last edited by Funkii Munkii; 09 August 2007 at 07:52 PM.
Old 09 August 2007, 07:50 PM
Funkii Munkii
Pontificating

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

"What's You're problem"

I need to pedant myself for that one, shocking !!
Old 09 August 2007, 09:49 PM
richiewong
Twatful

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Reading more into this he's also pulling out the racist card as well

I fell compelled to motion my fist as if it was full of coffee beans in a Gareth Hunt, RIP, fashion.
Old 10 August 2007, 09:34 AM
STi wanna Subaru
Scooby Regular

He has to go. His comments are akin to Racisim. It's a xenophobic comment and should not come from somebody in his position.
Old 14 August 2007, 05:32 PM
Longjing
Scooby Regular

Jack Warner is also bent as nine bob note... he runs Trinny and Concacaf football for the main purpose of lining his pockets. Old school FIFA corruption, for which he's been investigated but not punished. Not worth a cup of dirt, like most football administrators.