Notices
Sport General sport discussion

Redknapp, a supporter's view...

Search this Thread

Old 03 December 2005, 08:58 AM
Peanuts
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up Redknapp, a supporter's view...

Im a pompey fan, thats hardly a secret, season ticket holder in the Fratton end, seen some bad times and some great times.

When 'Arry left I was devastated, I coulnt believe it was all going to turn sour as quick as it had gone sweet.
He left a hero and a legend (potentially) forever in pompey folklore.

Then he went to the scum two weeks after declaring it would never happen. GGrr.
It pissed me off, but the guy needs a living so I was happy to let him join the scummers as long as he understood he would cop a certain amount of flack that goes with the job

Now we're in the proverbial, hardly the crisis that the tabloids are talking up, but we've been more comfortable, for sure.
I for one would welcome 'Arry back with open arms, because under the circumstances, survival this year outweighs any previous Redkanpp may have.

I know to others out the area (and us in it!) it seems a farce, Fratton-Enders™ I believe they call it in the rags, but I am willing to put up with the ribbing if it means we may have another crack at survival next year, because, after all, if 'Arry makes the voyage along the m27, we will be down to the bare bones after all
Old 03 December 2005, 10:41 AM
Gutmann pug
Scooby Regular

Arry coming back would be worth 6 points to us I reckon, and that could be crucial.

Gary
Old 03 December 2005, 09:29 PM
Scooby-Mark
Scooby Regular

Talking

Would you want him back after going to Southampton ??
Old 04 December 2005, 11:40 AM
mmmiddy
Scooby Regular

I don't understand all this hatred of Redknapp that you hear on the phone ins, tv etc.

He only left because the wonderful Mr Mandaric decided he knew best and brought in a "director of football"!

Then he claimed, it was him and Peter Storrie that decided which players were bought, and that Harry only picked the team, then shipped them all out again!

How about Southampton and Portsmouth merging with Lowe and Mandaric jointly in charge? and don't forget Woodward and Velimir Zajec picking the team.

Now that would be a soap opera!
Old 04 December 2005, 01:51 PM
exempt
Scooby Newbie

As with peanuts i m a season ticket holder in Fratton-Enders!
It dosnt really bother me the fact that
Redknapp went up the road, im just unsure whether he can pull it off again. My first choices for manager would have been Warnock or Dowie but as they have both been ruled out- now looking at the rest of the candidates i would probably have Redknapp back. I dont really want to see McLeash or Burly down here nor Rudd Gullit with the other possibilty of Robbson, which i feel could posibly work with someone like Mike Newle in partership but we all know thats a long shot.
It just worries me that he cant save us, or is that a bad thing? div 1 would be a cracking season next time around, Scum, Cardiff, Swansea, Millwall etc etc.... but thats another story.... il let someone else do the thinking on that one!
Old 04 December 2005, 02:32 PM
scooby-tc
Scooby Regular

Oi!!! leave Mike Newell out of it he isnt going anywhere He is busy prepping the Hatters for next weeks demolition of scumhampton
Old 04 December 2005, 02:56 PM
Gutmann pug
Scooby Regular

A few die hards singing ''Harry redknapp is a wxnker'' yesterday....including Mr Portsmouth.......
Old 04 December 2005, 03:16 PM
exempt
Scooby Newbie

lol @ scobby-tc!, i think its safe to say he's not comming to us (unfortunately), good luck next week though!
Old 05 December 2005, 08:27 PM
sherlock
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Gutmann pug
A few die hards singing ''Harry redknapp is a wxnker'' yesterday....including Mr Portsmouth.......
I think poor harry's been set up.
Old 05 December 2005, 09:51 PM
John Goldick
Scooby Regular

He's been done up like a kipper!!!

Pompey are ****ed imo.... Mandaric doesnt have a clue what hes doing. Pompey were happy midtable till he decideed that he knew best and brought that tit Zaijec (sp) in, who in turn broght in a hell of a lot of ****e players in the club. A;ain Perrin should never have been given the job, just by listening to the bloke speak you could tell he was massively out of his depth.

Lowe also hasnt got a clue what hes doing.... the whole Clive Woodward thing is a joke as was the whole Paul Sturrock appointment/drama too.

Both clubs are pretty ****ed atm!!!