Sport General sport discussion

Euro Football Championships

Search this Thread

Old 14 June 2005, 01:44 PM
JeffS
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Euro Football Championships

Despite England getting knocked out I reckon a great final is in prospect. German V Sweden is a mouthwatering prospect. After the way the swedes played against us I can see them winning the title.
Not writing off Germany though, they are a very strong team.
Can't believe there isn't more chat about it in here from the real football fans.
Old 14 June 2005, 06:04 PM
Abdabz
Scooby Regular

Location: Tellins, Home of Super Leagues finest, and where a "split" is not all it seems.
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up

I'm a real football fan and was pleased to see us host it, have great attendances (albeit most of them free kids seats) and give it suitable coverage on the BBC...

I also thought out number 3 (miss unitt) and 8 (I think) we're well worthy of a lob

I was however mortified at the standard of football. I watch non league football on a weekly basis and can honestly say that the England ladies would strugle to beat many in the Warrington & District league let alone conference north / south...
The England team were also unfortunately tactically chucklesome - esp against Sweden

Never the less it's a start - something to build on and here's hoping standards improve and then the 'real fans' - i.e. the purists will start watching / talking about with more gusto..
P