Toon Fans...

Search this Thread

Old 19 February 2005, 10:46 PM
Walwal
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Toon Fans...

...have you read nufc.com lately??

I used to have the greatest respect for the website, but after reading their piece tonight about not getting on Shepherds' or Souness' back has made me wonder what's going on there??

Everyone can see that the club is rotten to the core from Fat Freddie down to and maybe even beyond the manager. Souness was never the man to take the helm, and now that the fat one has appointed him, he ain't going to sack him any time soon, cos that would be an admission that he made the wrong choice.

Even less time into last season, fatty was quoted in the papers about Rolls Royce wages not matching performances, but AFAIK, we've been worse off after every game this season points wise than we were last season.

OK, we've got a great chance of getting to the next round of the UEFA Cup, but Heerenveen (sp?) aren't exactly Ajax, Feyenood, or PSV are they?? Tomorrow, Chelsea will, if you believe the papers, Sky etc, put out a "weakened" side in the FA Cup. All the "experts" on Soccer Saturday on Sky predicted Newcastle to win. I'm hoping they are right, and with Robben and Terry not playing, we've got a better chance than ever.

But, if we don't win, I think it's inevitible that the crowd will turn nasty. What do the board, Souness, and for that matter, nufc.com, expect?? People pay their money, they are quite within their rights to express their opinion. If you went for a meal costing £30, and got served up a pile of garbage, would you not sound off about it?? I'm bloody sure I would!!

So, I'm hoping for a win tomorrow, but it's just going to paper over the (massive) cracks that are there. Shepherd is no good for Newcastle, and niether is Souness, and no amount of nufc.com licking their ***** is going to convince me otherwise.

Rant over.

Andy.
Old 19 February 2005, 11:00 PM
richiewong
Twatful

Fat Freddie is a right royal pain in the **** and believes in his convictions.
He's every right to do so being the chairman and pouring millions into the club.
Unfortunately he's employed a manager with a proven record of failure and negativity which he's instilling in the toon, to which we're not used to (Attack, attack, attack , attack , attack..)

Freddie is not my favourite person by a long shot but I can see were NUFC.com are coming from.
Its a missed opinion from all, everybody wants the club to do well but we've no long term future with Souness as manager.
This could be the perverse sense of, 'if we conitnue to badly then it'll cause the reign of Souness to end quickly, but if we start doing well it'll prolong the agony'

At the games this season the atmosphere of late has been lacking big style with the boo boys in strong voice. I'll never boo the players but I'll not openly cheer and sing at the tactless displays of late.
Old 19 February 2005, 11:02 PM
richiewong
Twatful

...and I'm not going tomorrow or Thursday, that club has enough of my money and will question whether I renew my season ticket.
Probably will though cos at the end of the day I'm a loyal mug
Old 19 February 2005, 11:09 PM
Walwal
Scooby Regular

And fair play to you Richie. But how many will do the same if the present regime are still in place??

Toon fans are the loyalist around, but at the same time, they ain't stupid, and money doesn't exactly grow on trees round here to throw at a (was going to say lost cause, but it's not that bad, yet), so I'll say a pile of ****e (I think that sums the situation up better).

Still don't agree with nufc.com mind. Them above all, as they are a public voice, should be shouting about how bad things are, not licking fatty's ****.

Andy.

Edited to say: Is Fatty actually ploughing millions into the club?? Granted, the players are making fortunes in wages, which have to be paid, but merchandising, TV rights, gate receipts etc etc plough big money in. I haven't seen figures for how much of his own cash he's putting in, but I doubt it's a lot.

Last edited by Walwal; 19 February 2005 at 11:13 PM.
Old 19 February 2005, 11:37 PM
richiewong
Twatful

Got a good point there, yes he's backed the club but I wonder how much profit fat Freddie is raking in now (such as mugging's here paying nearly a fiver for a burger and bottle of pop, I was desperate )

Now fallen out of the top ten of richest clubs as well
Old 20 February 2005, 12:37 AM
pslewis
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I don't want to **** on your party but, Newcastle couldn't beat Chelsea's 4th squad - let alone the 3rd squad we shall see today!

Nah, Newcastle ain't about to do nowt this year barr finish mid-table with no silverware ..... UEFA Cup? You might as well kiss that goodbye .... BORO are still there!

Pete
Old 20 February 2005, 08:27 AM
richiewong
Twatful

Originally Posted by pslewis
I don't want to **** on your party but, Newcastle couldn't beat Chelsea's 4th squad - let alone the 3rd squad we shall see today!

Nah, Newcastle ain't about to do nowt this year barr finish mid-table with no silverware ..... UEFA Cup? You might as well kiss that goodbye .... BORO are still there!

Pete

You don't hear me arguing about that, just prolonging the agony this season.
At least the Boro won't do much either
Old 20 February 2005, 08:53 AM
Walwal
Scooby Regular

I can't argue with Pete either. Mid table is all we can do with the present setup. And watching Man U last night against Everton, we're miles behind.

It says a lot about the club when the likes of Bolton, Charlton, Villa and even Boro will all finish ahead of us (no disrespect to any of them teams, bar Boro who are still a small club ), but it's only a 2 or 3 years back we got thro to the 2nd stage of the Champions League. Now, we'll do well to finish top 8.

Sigh.

Andy.
Old 20 February 2005, 08:57 AM
richiewong
Twatful

...and a small town in Yorkshire to boot

I'll settle for top half of the table.
Old 20 February 2005, 04:05 PM
jonny gav
Scooby Regular

newcastle 1.0 chelsea

Last edited by jonny gav; 20 February 2005 at 04:07 PM.
Old 20 February 2005, 05:57 PM
pauld37
Scooby Regular

Well played the Toon
Old 20 February 2005, 06:00 PM
richiewong
Twatful

Unlucky Chelsea, played very well even though down to an unenforced 10 men and then 9
Old 20 February 2005, 06:03 PM
Funkii Munkii
Pontificating

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

Well done the Toon, that 5/2 was very nice

Gracious in defeat paul
Old 20 February 2005, 06:24 PM
pauld37
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Funkii Munkii
Well done the Toon, that 5/2 was very nice

Gracious in defeat paul
Old 20 February 2005, 06:26 PM
richiewong
Twatful

Chelsea possibly saving it for Europe and next Sunday
Old 20 February 2005, 06:35 PM
pauld37
Scooby Regular

Not sure we will have any players left to save soon.
Old 20 February 2005, 07:37 PM
scoobyDAZZA
Scooby Regular

dont look like it paul
bridge is in a bad way
wtf was kluivert doing ? prat !!!!

i didnt expect us to win today tbh
but still,well played newcastle,hope they win it now tbh

forever
Old 20 February 2005, 07:47 PM
pauld37
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by dazza1802
dont look like it paul
bridge is in a bad way
wtf was kluivert doing ? prat !!!!

i didnt expect us to win today tbh
but still,well played newcastle,hope they win it now tbh

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/11.../cfcbadge2.jpg
forever
I wasn't too confident either, had to lose sometime and the Magpies deserve some success, hope they don't waste this, and go all the way now.
It was Shearer who tackled Bridge, looked 50/50 to me, one of those things I guess
Old 20 February 2005, 08:10 PM
Walwal
Scooby Regular

Hey, fair play to the Chelsea fans. And I have to say, fair play to Mourinho (sp?). He shook most of the Newcastle players hands after the game, proving that he is as good a loser as he is a winner. I'll take my hat off to him after that.

But, getting back to the original posting, like Richie said, the win prolongs the agony of the Souness/Shepherd reign. Don't get me wrong, I'm over the moon that we've (a) got into the quarter finals of the Cup, and (b) beaten the (possibly) best side in Europe (even tho half their first team didn't play first half).

I'm sorry that Chelsea are going to be a few players down for facing Barcelona, but none of the injuries (especially Bridge) were deliberate. I hope they go on to beat the Spanish. Always like to see the "English" teams do well in Europe (and that includes Arsenal (that's why I put the quotes in)).

Now what we need is a home draw for the Toon, and all 4 English sides to do well in the CL.

Andy.
Old 20 February 2005, 08:39 PM
FASTER MIKE!!
Scooby Regular

great result i see in the news of the world douglas hall is giving sir bobby a hard time saying if we'd keep him charge we'd be fighting for religation so what the fek is happening now? we're not that far off it now. the sooner we get rid of these playboys and souness the better

mike