Scooby Regular

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

C'mon Fulham, pile on the misery
Old 13 December 2004, 05:34 PM
P1Fanatic
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What u two been smoking eh?

15th place plays 4th place. We have conceded 10 goals in 16 games and you think you will knock 3 past us?

Easy 2-0 to utd moving closer to arsenal and preparing to overtake during the festive period. 2nd in the league by mid Jan.

Simon.
Old 13 December 2004, 05:39 PM
Fulham71
Scooby Regular

Fingers crossed
Old 13 December 2004, 11:47 PM
Fulham71
Scooby Regular

CHAMPIONS YOURE HAVING A LAUGH
Old 14 December 2004, 06:48 AM
pauld37
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by P1Fanatic
What u two been smoking eh?

15th place plays 4th place. We have conceded 10 goals in 16 games and you think you will knock 3 past us?

Easy 2-0 to utd moving closer to arsenal and preparing to overtake during the festive period. 2nd in the league by mid Jan.

Simon.
Oh yeah
Old 14 December 2004, 07:21 AM
P1Fanatic
Scooby Regular

Lol Jinx! Ah well my 2-0 was closer than your 3-0 and 5-3 predictions.

We just lacked that killer instict when in the Fulham box during the 1st half. Credit to Fulham you came back in the 2nd half and Cole was unlucky with that shot off the post (as were rooney and keane in the 1st).

Great equaliser but you guys had been building up to it. I think a draw was a fair result in the end seeing as we didnt kill it off in the 1st half.

No points lost to Chelski and **** but dissapointed not to have made any ground up.

Simon.

P.S. Were there any home fans there last night? All I could hear was utd songs, ryan giggs ryan giggs running down the wing.....
Old 14 December 2004, 07:45 AM
Floyd
Scooby Regular

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

Oh, the misery

The other scores on the first post weren't predictions but actuals from the previous games. The Oldham score was the reserves Check it out!

F
Old 14 December 2004, 07:54 AM
Fulham71
Scooby Regular

There was a real edgy feel last night
First half was like a DIV 3 game !
We need a central midfield player to replace Pembridge as if he is playing its like having 10 men lol !
We didnt do bad considering we had a youth team right back & centre midfielder
A West Ham reject centre half A couple of Yanks & A washed up ex United centre forward that everyone has written off !

We have one of the best goalkeepers in the league (at the moment) & not much was going to get past him even if you had managed to get something on Target !

To put it into contect the Fulham side is worth less than ROONEY !

I havent seen it on the Tv yet but from where I was sitting it appeared that one lino plus the ref had Man utd shirts on under their black ones & did he forget the cards in the first half of was it that he didnt want to book any utd players ?

Any chance of Ronaldo staying on his feet for 5 minutes ? He is such a cheat !
Old 14 December 2004, 01:27 PM
pslewis
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Makes the way clear for BORO to win the title me thinks!!

Nothing I have seen so far should worry a fully fit BORO!

Pete
Old 14 December 2004, 01:29 PM
pauld37
Scooby Regular

Chelsea????
Old 14 December 2004, 02:55 PM
davegtt
Scooby Senior

Originally Posted by P1Fanatic
Lol Jinx! Ah well my 2-0 was closer than your 3-0 and 5-3 predictions.
the 3-0 was in relation to Fenerbache and the 5-3 was utd lost to Oldham reserves the same night...... they wasnt predictions for the fulham game.

Just typical to see a utd fan in Berkshire eh utd will be lucky to finish 4th this season IMO theyre nothing to be feared.... your gonna become the new Leeds United...lol (I can dream cant I) would love to see where their fans go to then
Old 15 December 2004, 11:24 AM
angrynorth
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by davegtt
the 3-0 was in relation to Fenerbache and the 5-3 was utd lost to Oldham reserves the same night...... they wasnt predictions for the fulham game.

Just typical to see a utd fan in Berkshire eh utd will be lucky to finish 4th this season IMO theyre nothing to be feared.... your gonna become the new Leeds United...lol (I can dream cant I) would love to see where their fans go to then
I wish I knew as much about football as you.
Old 15 December 2004, 01:09 PM
pauld37
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by angrynorth
Not possible, you support Man. U.
Up the Chelsea
Old 15 December 2004, 01:42 PM
Ted Maul
Scooby Regular

there was a survey done last year of the season ticket holders at each club and where they live in the country, and Man U were second in the list for % of fans living outside the area. Top was Liverpool.
Old 15 December 2004, 01:58 PM
angrynorth
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Ted Maul
there was a survey done last year of the season ticket holders at each club and where they live in the country, and Man U were second in the list for % of fans living outside the area. Top was Liverpool.
Was that a survey based upon questioning people in the street or actual physical stub sales from the clubs.

I doubt you would get the same result if it were the latter. There are more 0161 telephones and M postcodes in Old Trafford than there are in Citys council house. That is from the clubs themselves and from our research here at work.
Sorry bud, but the survey you read must be inaccurate. Usually its down to something like most Fulham fans are from the Greater London area, but the Greater London area is huge, they could be living a long long way from the ground yet still fall in the "London" bracket. Where as with United & the Mickeys, if you travel the same distance you would be 30 miles away from Manchester or Liverpool.

Besides, no other teams have the history and heritage that attracts the long distance supporters

Andy (0161 *** *****) ST holder
Old 15 December 2004, 02:34 PM
davegtt
Scooby Senior

And how do you know, how much I know exactly?
Old 15 December 2004, 06:41 PM
pauld37
Scooby Regular

He's done research at work
Old 15 December 2004, 07:41 PM
King Eric
Scooby Regular

Makes me laugh when people moan about supporting their local club etc etc and that United fans dont come from Manchester

Sit in Old Trafford and you tell me if you can hear many southern voices around you. Did you hear the nothern tone of the songs being sung at Fulham this week? "Feed the scousers, let them know its Christmas time" did not have the same "Apples and Pears" melodious tones that the typical "One man and his Mower" song that the Chelski lads sing at Stamford 'Leisure Centre and Hotel complex' Bridge.

Not a Southern voice can be heard ordering chips and gravy from Lou Macaris fish and chip shop after the game, nor do you hear any 'shandy-boy' voices coming from inside the Gorse Hill Boozer down the road.

There was also a recent document released (i cant remember where from) that said that nearly 99% of United Season ticket holders lived in a M16 postcode. Not sure how accurate that is but seeing how a huge amount of fans disperse into virtually every local house in the area its probably spot on.

Southern fans that travel to see the reds spend a lorry load of money travelling up to see them....its pretty much a £200.00 day out unless you have a diesel car. Thats just for two people.

I was sat next to the Charlton fans in the two nil win a few weeks back with the missus and the banter between us and them was hilarious. One Charlton fan with a Burberry baseball cap was shouting songs like "Do you even own a house?!" and "Do the social know your here!"

"YOU'VE ONLY COME TO SEE UNITED!" (And to experience watered down Budweiser and the strange taste bud mixture delight of Peanut M&Ms and Bovril)
Old 15 December 2004, 09:01 PM
pauld37
Scooby Regular

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz, finished?
Old 16 December 2004, 09:11 AM
angrynorth
Scooby Regular

This pretty much sums it up.

Old 16 December 2004, 10:22 AM
davegtt
Scooby Senior

Right so because I believe united are struggling and continue to do so means that I know nowt? the part about becoming Leeds United the 2nd was a joke. obviously since I put in brackets (I can dream cant I) And regarding what I said about united finishing 4th isnt far off the mark, only finished 3rd last season and if everton keep their form up you'll finish 4th at best its not rocket science. but I suppose since fergie is getting scared hes even looking at buying Graveson to weaken the everton mob..... that sums it up really your glory days have gone mate, face it pick another team to support now...lol (its a joke btw)
Old 16 December 2004, 11:31 AM
angrynorth
Scooby Regular

Struggling? We have lost the same amount of games Arsenal have, less if you count european games. We have also lost fewer games than Everton. We have just not been able to nail the teams we are drawing against, but its not the end of the world.

Added to the fact that we never really find form until late December, I'm not worried at the moment. As for the Everton / Chelsea dominance this season, it wasn't that long back that Newcastle were 12 points clear at the December point yet still failed to finish top.

Its a long season as they say. I can't see us winning it this year, I think Chelsea will take it (which is a shame for the game) but they are outplaying everyone up to now.

I'm actually enjoying much of United's recent form some of the build up play against Fulham on Monday was good its great to see Smith, Rooney, Ronaldo linking up together so well and still blending in well with Scholes & Keane and some of the other old guard.

Last edited by angrynorth; 16 December 2004 at 11:34 AM.
Old 16 December 2004, 01:07 PM
pauld37
Scooby Regular

Its a long season as they say. I can't see us winning it this year, I think Chelsea will take it (which is a shame for the game) but they are outplaying everyone up to now.
Shame for the game why??????
Old 16 December 2004, 01:20 PM
Ted Maul
Scooby Regular

Because some people feel that they would have just bought it..but then you could same the same a bit for United..
I think thats why its good that Arsenal win it, as they have the same financial clout as Liverpool, Newcastle, Spurs but are consitently punching above their weight.

ps Angrynorth - the gooners are the only english team to not have lost in Europe this season..
Old 16 December 2004, 02:04 PM
davegtt
Scooby Senior

as you say utd have been no better in the past dominating the transfer market, now that theyve took a step back its nice to see someone else benefitting it. to be honest I dont give a hoot, its all about money now so it doesnt bother me when someone steps in with more money than united, I think its funny to watch the fans moaning about it since I follow a team thats not been out of administration long. theres more to football than money and big leagues, but I guess not all football fans realise that
Old 16 December 2004, 02:20 PM
Fulham71
Scooby Regular

which Team Dave GTT ?
Old 16 December 2004, 02:20 PM
angrynorth
Scooby Regular

The Chelsea title would be a bought play-thing. A whim if you like. Like the Blackburn Jack Walker trophy.

Yes, you could say that United bought trophies, but you would be wrong, on the most part, United's success was brought from the youth development and scouting, much the same as Wengers talent for spotting bargains helped Arsenal to their titles. United have gone long and hard to have their money.

I see Chelsea winning the title as a bad thing as their is already too much money in football, if they win, then either 2 things will happen.

1. Abromavich happy with his title (or 2), says thanks and ***** off back to Russia, bored. Leaving Chelsea with a massive wage bill they can't support off ticket sales they end up having to sell everyone and become a new Leeds. Which has big repercussions across all the leagues here in the UK.

2. They win, fail to win the year after, and Abromavich decides to buy out the entire Liverpool squad, plus the rest of the league just to make sure that they get it. He is obviously not the kind of guy to accept 2nd so him introducing more corruption to he league is feasible.

Either way, he is pushing up wage demands all over the country with players wanting more and more. At the moment United are one of the only big clubs to be taking action against this and capping wages. Obviously if the wages go up too much league wide then more and more teams go out of business or get worse and the gap just gets bigger. The less teams, the less interesting the season. Look at the scots!

I'd rather the dippers took the title.
Old 16 December 2004, 03:57 PM
davegtt
Scooby Senior

Fulham71, check the beginning of the thread out. Oldham Athletic

Angrynorth....pmsl at united bringing in wage capping, it was them who started off the big wages in this country.... you reap what you sow

Quick Reply: Manure slip up!