Notices
Sport General sport discussion

Glory hunting Arsenal fans

Search this Thread

Old 27 April 2004, 04:20 PM
scoobynutta555
Scooby Regular

Location: Markyate.Imprezas owned:-wrx-sti5typeR-p1-uk22b-modded my00. Amongst others!
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Glory hunting Arsenal fans

Seems to be many gloryhunt fans in Arsenal shirts these days. Was Man Utd a few years back, and Liverpool before that. Isn't it a bit sad that people support teams they most likely have never seen in the flesh, simply because they are successful?
Old 27 April 2004, 04:41 PM
jjones
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

as long as manu don't win i don't give a hoot
Old 27 April 2004, 04:42 PM
jjones
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

oh and why do you think subaru, mitsubishi etc compete in rallying etc? because they want to win because people will always buy into products associated with winners.
Old 27 April 2004, 04:46 PM
scoobynutta555
Scooby Regular

Location: Markyate.Imprezas owned:-wrx-sti5typeR-p1-uk22b-modded my00. Amongst others!

I was under the impression that supporting a football team was a much more personal and long term relationship then riding about in a car. It's the people who switch to the winning side all the time that perplex me.
Old 28 April 2004, 08:03 AM
jasey
Scooby Senior

Speaking to a young Soton fan at the weekend and winding him up about me supporting Arsenal and the first thing he asked me was "Yeah - how long have you supported them" - at the time I thought this was a very strange question - but he was suitably impressed when I replied "approx 30 years".

I'm not sure if there are that many people who suddenly start supporting a new team - they maybe just start showing it more - bit like all the England tops that suddenly spring up whenever England are about to lose again .
Old 28 April 2004, 09:52 AM
davegtt
Scooby Senior

not a utd fan by any chance are you???

Personally I support Oldham Athletic and I always will.

but recently Ive been cheering arsenal and chelsea on cause I want utd to lose...lmao

under no circumstances though would I buy a shirt from 1 of them teams and brand it just like to see utd win nothing
Old 28 April 2004, 01:44 PM
Muffleman
Scooby Regular

I know what you mean though. But I don't think it's so much about changing loyalties as warm weather supporters - as soon as the ****-nal start winning things, all the closet supporters come out of the wood work, buy replica shirts and re-discover lager.

My dad was born in Tottenham and so I will be a Spur for life, wear the shirt with pride etc. Through good seasons and bad.

But I'm not one of these sad numpties that has to hate everyother team either ! My hat comes off to the ****-nal as they are simply the best team in the country at the moment, and play some great footie.

However, I too hate utd But that's more to do with the fact I can't stand the gum chewing **** that manages them Oh, and they are NOT the biggest club in the world either !!!

Matt