Rooney is an OAP!!

Search this Thread

Old 01 April 2004, 12:40 PM
Krade
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rooney is an OAP!!

Compared to this kid.

WASHINGTON — Freddy Adu, the richest and most famous player in Major League Soccer, shares a bedroom with his 12-year-old brother. The 14-year-old hasn't played in a real professional game.

That will end Saturday when Adu and his D.C. United teammates host the San Jose Earthquakes (ABC, 4 p.m. ET). National and international media have been drawn here to expound on Adu's potential impact on soccer, a sport that has succeeded wildly in America's suburban recreational leagues but has received a lukewarm reception on the professional level.

Personally I think this is much too young for a palyer to make a debut in a professional league. (OMG what am I say calling the MLS a professional league :P)
Old 01 April 2004, 01:35 PM
ZippyEFC
Scooby Regular

Its ridiculous to be playing pro at that age although from what i've seen he's very good. Wayne is the main man(boy) though and will prove it at Euro 2004. Remember that Sonny Pike,he signed for Ajax when he was 12 or something,i think he works in McDonalds now. Too much too soon.
Old 01 April 2004, 10:16 PM
FASTER MIKE!!
Scooby Regular

Wink

ronaldo was playing pro at about 14 to nothing new.as for Rooney, he's vastly over rated, if he's our only hope for the euro's, there no chance of england winning out. his league form says it all not playing ragular and not scoring enough goals. simple

mike zips up his flame suit
Old 01 April 2004, 10:40 PM
ZippyEFC
Scooby Regular

Aye your right 4 goals in his last 5 league games he's in terrible form isnt he And i cant remember the last time he didn't start for Everton probably about 15 games ago so yeah he could do with getting off his ****
Old 02 April 2004, 11:45 AM
JohnMcC
Scooby Regular

And, correct me if I'm wrong but when he hasnt been playing it largely hasnt been a question of him being 'dropped' but rested, so he doesnt end up in McDonalds in 18 months time.

Rooney is so not overrated - even if he has a quiet game or, dare I say it a poor one, he is still a huge threat.

John (another EFC fan )
Old 02 April 2004, 12:38 PM
Funkii Munkii
Pontificating

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

Rooney is the best British Talent by far

If the rumours coming out of the Nw are true I'd love to see him at Old T next season, a great stage for him to become a world class player, as well as adding something to a team that needs an injection of ability.

Yeah I know no chance LOL

No offence Toffees, I just think he is different gravy
Old 02 April 2004, 01:25 PM
ZippyEFC
Scooby Regular

The lads class and every club in the world would love him,but like David Moyes said only Real Madrid and Chelsea could afford him and he's not for sale anyway. He'll be at Everton next season but in 2 or 3 years maybe not,who knows.
Old 02 April 2004, 03:11 PM
JohnMcC
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by ZippyEFC
The lads class and every club in the world would love him,but like David Moyes said only Real Madrid and Chelsea could afford him and he's not for sale anyway. He'll be at Everton next season but in 2 or 3 years maybe not,who knows.
Quite.

As much as I would like to say that he would stay for life I'm a realist. If he goes on to be 1/2 as good as people think/hope he will be, he will want to be playing in a side challenging domestically and in Europe.

If Everton don't build and capitalise on the promise that Moyes' regime has bought, he will undoubtedly move on at some point in the not too distant future.

So, as much as I would like him to stay forever, I think it would be almost criminal if he didnt end up playing for a team that was figuring in the Champions League and looking for titles. My only hope (other than Everton becoming such a team!! ) is that the people around him are sensible and are looking out for his whole career, not just to make a quick buck off a huge offer if it isnt at the right time.

IMHO, he is much better at a club like Everton where he is going to get a game and be instrumental, than being on the fringes of a team like Real or Arsenal who are already spoilt for riches in terms of quality players.

The last thing that any England fan should want is for him to make a huge money move at a young age and end up with his career stalling. We dont want another Jeffer's scenario who took the money and ran to Arsenal, and now is struggling to get his career started again.

All IMHO of course.

John
Old 02 April 2004, 03:40 PM
LeighJ
Scooby Regular

Wanye "Shrek" Rooney
Old 02 April 2004, 03:54 PM
Krade
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by JohnMcC
Quite.

So, as much as I would like him to stay forever, I think it would be almost criminal if he didnt end up playing for a team that was figuring in the Champions League and looking for titles.
John
I would have said Sign for the Pool but were not challenging for titles
Old 02 April 2004, 05:59 PM
FASTER MIKE!!
Scooby Regular

if you compare him to michael owen at 18 there is a vast difference, owen was scoring lots of goals, where rooney is'nt. don't get me wrong he is a "good" player but nothing special. i think the press have over hyped him.

mike
Old 02 April 2004, 09:00 PM
Redkop
Scooby Regular

Unfortunately, Rooney's temperament and lifestyle off the pitch will stop him well short of being a 'great' player.
Old 02 April 2004, 09:20 PM
Buzzer
Scooby Regular

Mike, you make me laugh mate, sorry

Rooney is shear class and thats it. i watch a pile of ****e come out on the pitch at least 25 - 30 games a season plus whatever is on the box so i feel i am as qualified as the next person to make a judgement on what i've seen from him this season.

Yes he had a dip in form along with a couple of nigly injuries which plague any player. You have to realise that he is a marked man (lad) this season so he has to learn to vary his play. This is just starting to show now. I watch that lad, sometimes from as little as 15 ft away moving himself and the ball in such a manner that can only be described as genius. When that lad is on form (which is amazing for any 17 - 18 year old to do) he inspires a poor team to get their ***** into gear and play.

I've watched him since he was 14 in the youth team in Widnes and through the B Team up until he played in the first team. Trust me mate he is what all the experts say he is.

Sadly Britain and its public cant weight to stick the boot in on any rising star if they think he's basqued in the glory for too long...........you've only got a look at Owens dip in form and injuries to see what the press and public now say about the poor lad. Owen is a goalscoring machine with explosive pace and skill. Why are people saying he's finished and or he'll never be the same player agsin because of his injuries, what bollox, when you have talent like Owen or Rooney, it never goes.

Lynne, my son plays football with Waynes cousin and the family are very upset about a lot of things going on lately. The spitting in the girls face was sh1te, the girl was a reporter, i know nothing more than that He isnt a bad lad he's passionate about EFC and he is only 18 y o. I agree that he could go the wrong way but i know Stevie Gerrard will keep him straight
Old 02 April 2004, 10:12 PM
FASTER MIKE!!
Scooby Regular

Buzzer take your blue tinted glasses off
Old 02 April 2004, 10:49 PM
J S W
Scooby Regular

rooney will never score the goals owen does (has) because he will never get the service from team mates while he pays for everton. in an england shirt he is a different class.

I am a huge everton fan but wayne will never be a great if he stays at efc long term as he has fairly poor support around him.
Old 02 April 2004, 11:10 PM
ZippyEFC
Scooby Regular

Rooney will never score as many goals as Owen no matter what team he plays for coz they are completely different types of players. Owen is a goalscorer end of and a very good one,Rooney is a more complete player who can create goals for others and will no doubt set plenty up for the little welsh diver in the summer Rooney is the most talented footballer i've ever seen and i've been a season ticket holder at Everton for years so i've seen a few,mainly for the opposition sadly Faster Mike you must be a blind man to say that Rooney is nothing special,i bet you think Phil Thompsons nose is small. Redkop seen as you can see into the future what will the lottery numbers be this weekend?

PS Kopites are gobsh1tes
Old 03 April 2004, 10:05 AM
Redkop
Scooby Regular

Bet you I am right about Rooney tho.... shame Kopites have to have such poor neighbours - the bluenoses [blue & white ****e]

Rooney will go the same way as Robbie Fowler, but having said that I would have Robbie in my team any day over Owen.

Last edited by Redkop; 03 April 2004 at 10:08 AM.
Old 03 April 2004, 12:14 PM
FASTER MIKE!!
Scooby Regular

Zippy i'm not a Liverpool fan not by a long way
as for phil thompsons nose well i have'nt seen anything bigger

mike
Old 03 April 2004, 12:24 PM
16vmarc
Scooby Regular

Hes an ugly ****, never mind oap!!!!
Old 04 April 2004, 02:26 PM
Buzzer
Scooby Regular

16vmarc

I didnt know YOU had to fancy them aswell as have talent, you sound like my wife mate.
Old 04 April 2004, 02:31 PM
16vmarc
Scooby Regular

lol