UEFA Cup....just got home

Search this Thread

Old 23 May 2003, 10:01 AM
hail-hail
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking

Just back from Seville and what a week!
I arrived in Gatwick airport on Monday night to the sound of Hail-hail the celts are here.........green and white everywhere.
Flew to Malaga via Barcelona and met up with the rest of my mates, 15 of us in a 3 bed villa
Spend Tuesday on the bevvy in Malaga and up early Wed morning for the 2hr drive to Seville. Got booked into the hotel, this time 2 rooms for 15 of us.
Jumped on a bus and into the centre of town....holy **** green and white-tastic, celtic everywhere you looked, taking over the town.
not one bit of trouble, Celtic and Porto fans mingling together in the pubs, swaping ****s and scarves, fantastic.
Took a 2hr walk down to the stadium, stopping at all available bars and bistros (we do have a little culture you know!)
After an hour p1ssing about finally get to my seat, right in the fecking middle of the Porto end, see my opportunity when no one is looking and a quick jump over the fence, followed by a little sprint and I was back where I belonged in the Celtic end.
Game and atmosphere were amazing, disappointed with the Porto players bid for Olympic diving golds, but Celtic were fantastic.
Really proud of my team and what they achieved.
OK, so we didn't win, but I wouldn't change a minute of it. Being at a European Final was the best footballing experience I have ever had. I would give Rangers 3 consecutive domestic trebles and probably more just to experience it again.
Full time came, gutted, but stayed behind to give my team the cheers they deserved and to let the Porto players know exactly what I thought of their in-match antics.
Got back to Malaga airport yesterday, again greeted by a wall of Celtic noise and fans boarding flights to anywhere and everywhere in europe Frankfurt, Geneva, Lisbon , all trying to get their connections back to the UK.
Arrived home last night at about 12 oclock still buzzing from the experience.
I can honestly say, whoever you support, if you get to a European final, drop everything, sell your scoob, buy a ticket ( I ain't even going shock you with what I payed for one ) and go.
The result is important, the experience is everything.
Old 23 May 2003, 10:12 AM
Brendan Hughes
Scooby Regular

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Angry

Could hardly get to sleep on Wednesday night - open windows due to 28C outside, combined with car horns up until 3 am - I don't belieeeeeve it [img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img][img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img]

Old 23 May 2003, 11:52 AM
alcazar
Scooby Regular

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts
Thumbs up

<<<<<The result is important, the experience is everything>>>>>

That's what keeps us Scun thorpe United fans going!!!!
Alcazar:
Old 24 May 2003, 02:12 PM
dharbige
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I don't know who said "It's not the winning or losing, it's the way you play the game that counts".
From the litle I saw of the game (last 20 mins or so), Celtic were run away winners in my eyes. I couldn't believe the blatant timewasting, diving, cheating way the Porto players performed, and the way the referee ignored it all.
Well done to Celtic for being the best performing British team in European competition this season. (Am I allowed to feel good by claiming them as British? Please?)
And well done to the fans for showing the world (and especially so-called English 'fans') how football should be enjoyed - 100% fun, 100% enthusiasm, 0% violence.