Sport General sport discussion

Carlo: free the Chelsea One!

Search this Thread

Old 14 January 2003, 03:30 PM
555 Markus
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up

Good news . At least Carlo is not suspended for the games v Man Utd, Shrewsbury and dirty Leeds .

FA Decision

Still not happy that he was sent off in the first place, although at least this is some justice.....far better verdict than I thought he'd get.

Now the FA should bury that clown of a ref [img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img].

[Edited by 555 Markus - 1/14/2003 3:34:14 PM]
Old 14 January 2003, 04:11 PM
davy1
Scooby Regular

Smile

Nice One,should ave revoked the red card as well though!!!!
Old 14 January 2003, 08:39 PM
555 Markus
Scooby Regular

Angry

Its a kop out really isn't it [img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img]. The FA clearly didn't think Carlo did anything that could be considered violent conduct. Halsey on the other hand said he saw it, and reaffirmed his stance after the match. Either he is very arrogant, stupid, or a combination of both, but to clearly state he saw Windass being kneed when all around the ground everyone else missed it, and nothing could be seen on tv shows him to be a bigger fool than most of his counterparts.

The FA were obviously anxious to avoid embarrassing Halsey. However, hes put them in a very awkward position...either Carlo did it or he didn't. If he did it he deserves the red card and suspension, if not, then why should the red card stand?

Don't be surprised to see Halsey demoted at the end of the season. The losers here are the poor Nationwide league who will have to endure this idiot [img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img].
Old 15 January 2003, 10:30 AM
Bajie
Scooby Regular

CC is my favourite Premiership goalkeeper BUT a red card is a red card and he should be banned for three games.
Saw the game and he was not in the wrong. Windass should have been sent off and served a subsequent ban.
This decision has more to do with Chelsea playing Man U this weekend than anything else.
Old 16 January 2003, 10:40 AM
Bajie
Scooby Regular

Arrow

FIFA have stepped in saying Red is Red and are saying Carlo should miss three games.
Was on Ceefax. I'll try to find it and post here unless someone beats me to it
Old 19 January 2003, 06:40 PM
neilbbb
Scooby Regular

Angry

still fuming about that red card.

any idiot (halsey excepted) can see that *** windass running in to the goal, when he is about six feet from carlo his eyes stop following the ball and focus on carlo. i didnt see anything dangerous about the goalie's reaction.

so ffs will the FA please make it's mind up. if he doesnt have to serve the ban then rescind the red, if the red stands then so should the ban.

crap referee imho