Sport General sport discussion

cheating big ears

Search this Thread

Old 29 December 2002, 06:44 PM
ash1
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry

yes I am referring to Fanny Jaffers, shameful and dishonest, we're on a bad run and things like this don't help.

Also makes me wonder why campbell didn't get sent off, if not min yellow card.
Old 29 December 2002, 06:47 PM
SwinYE5
Scooby Regular

Wink

That was a definite penalty. Jeffers did well to win it from nothing. It was good forward play.
Alright then, he's a cheating little tw@t...but he is a scouser so what do you expect?!
Old 29 December 2002, 06:56 PM
ash1
Scooby Regular

Yes, good forward play....look at Wiltord, honest to skip over JC and then he missed ....

I guess thats why Fanny is called 'Fox in the box' - well he can take those ears off soon when panto season is over.
Old 29 December 2002, 06:58 PM
Little Miss WRX

Wink

I am sure there are worse teams to support.
Old 29 December 2002, 07:07 PM
ash1
Scooby Regular

Just as well this is not a forum for intellectuals eh ?

Pires is so typical of foreign footballers - he's better off turning up with ice skates on...

One other thing, football is a contact sport, Riise did not grab his shirt or withhold him, watch the replays closely, he took a dive well after he had got past Riise...

Two more points dropped from a game we should have won, especiallt after outclassing the **** in the second period.

[Edited by ash1 - 12/29/2002 7:08:17 PM]
Old 29 December 2002, 07:17 PM
SwinYE5
Scooby Regular

I have quite a healthy dislike for Liverpool ************** but agree with absolutely nothing that you've said. What a load of sh1te!
Old 29 December 2002, 07:27 PM
P1Fanatic
Scooby Regular

PMSL @ Swin. Gotta agree with the majority. First look it seemed a penalty but taking another few looks and he was not being held any where near when he fell (read dived).
Old 29 December 2002, 08:51 PM
Redkop
Scooby Regular

Could hardly expect anything more from a cheating, Everton reject impersonating Dumbo [img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img] [img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img] [img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img]
Old 30 December 2002, 12:13 AM
ash1
Scooby Regular

I liked Wenger's diplomacy when he was asked about the pen. I think he was more than a little embarrassed about the whole thing and tried to explain what happened - but he must have been talking about a different penalty scenario.
Old 30 December 2002, 07:57 PM
Redkop
Scooby Regular

Haha they even have a smilie dedicated to Fanny 'Bigears' Jeffers
Old 31 December 2002, 12:45 AM
ash1
Scooby Regular

Even old red nose is supporting GHs' comments on floppy ears.

Mind you, we know red nose is upto his usual scumming tactics here....that guys pathetic.

[Edited by ash1 - 12/31/2002 12:46:26 AM]
Old 31 December 2002, 08:35 AM
SwinYE5
Scooby Regular

What's this thread got to do with United ash? You just can't resist can you - Have you an obsession with them or something? Maybe you're a closet fan?

He's supporting your manager, and says he wanted you to beat the @rse, and you're still fukin' whining!
Old 31 December 2002, 09:28 AM
ash1
Scooby Regular

Smile

Yes, can't resist it can I - but then its always worth seeing how quick a reaction I can get out of you or P1F. Sure your buddy won't be too far behing you - or maybe not now...

I think you are mistaken about supporting GH - you should know red nose by now. He's only using GH as a means to get at Wenger - stirring it up in the hope that Wenger will be rattled enough to make his take play bad. Low life gutter remarks, but it doesn't work anymore...

[Edited by ash1 - 12/31/2002 9:31:40 AM]
Old 31 December 2002, 10:16 AM
SwinYE5
Scooby Regular

Wink

He's only using GH as a means to get at Wenger
Spot on there ash! I love it when he tries to get to Wenger. I absolutely despise the bloke. More than you could ever possibly despise Fergie!

That dodgy penalty has probably p1ssed SAF off just as much as Hoofier as, of course, Fergie wanted you to win that one as you are no threat to the title.
Old 31 December 2002, 11:19 AM
Redkop
Scooby Regular

Swin - don't under-estimate Liverpool! Your lot aren't anywhere near the team they used to be, losing 2 in a row was unheard of in your heyday - but now it looks like it could happen anytime. Not the consistency there anymore pal. At least we know and accept the downfalls of our team. You really need to get rid of the rose-tinted specs
Old 31 December 2002, 11:29 AM
ash1
Scooby Regular

I recall a statement I made when you lot beat the ****,lots of man ure fans were banging on about the fact that you would be better for Keane, Beckham, Ferdinand etc who were injured but on the way back.

But I commented on the fact that that would probably do more harm than good as you end up accomodating the 'stars' for those that have really want it. What happened ? You lost 2 games when you had won the previous 7 or 8.

And yes, don't underestimate us, granted with our recent form we are no longer a threat to no 1 position, but we can yet damage your title hopes - for sure !

As for SAF red nose, its childish and annoying. Wenger doesn't rise to it like KK did, he lets red nose play his childish games and focuses his energy on his team.
Old 31 December 2002, 12:11 PM
SwinYE5
Scooby Regular

Wink

Wenger doesn't rise to it like KK did
You're joking! He's just as bad as SAF, if not bl00dy worse! He's always got something to say about United, trying to wind up Fergie, and United in general. The bloke is a complete @rse.

As for us, I agree we did well with the 'lesser' players playing. The defeat to 'Boro I put largely down to SAF playing Blanc. We are in all kinds of trouble at the back when he plays. Note he didn't play in a majority of the winning streak, most noticeably the @rse and the scousers... We were pretty poor up front in those two defeats as well, something that you can't really compensate for or do a lot about...

I, too, thought that it could be indifferent when our 'stars' came back. They probably weren't as fit as they should have been and Keane, in particular, should have had another couple of games in the reserves. His comment reference the Blackburn game when he came on as sub - 'When I came on I was probably their best player!' Another slight Fergie boo boo...

If we were to go back to our straight 4-4-2 I would be over the moon. *** this one just off the front two, or five in midfield, or a midfielder up front or whatever...
Old 31 December 2002, 12:21 PM
jasey
Scooby Senior

Can we stick to one name for Sir Alex Fergusson.

I vote for Taggart
Old 31 December 2002, 12:50 PM
ash1
Scooby Regular

I actually thought some of the 'established' players would detract from that run of 7 or 8 games, probably cos of what you said and also that the players in the team were playing for the places and therefore were more 'up for it'

I quite like Wenger, he's kind of cool and calm and is pretty honest about his teams performances.
Old 31 December 2002, 01:16 PM
SwinYE5
Scooby Regular

Wink

I quite like Wenger, he's kind of cool and calm and is pretty honest about his teams performances
Honest? The bloke doesn't know the meaning of the word. If it means 'I didn't see it' or 'He didn't deserve to get sent off' (obviously referring to one of his teams million sendings off under his reign) in French then I agree with you!

Cool and calm? He wasn't when he said before that match with them at OT that we hadn't done anything special that season, in his fukin annoying paedophile French voice.....before we promptly stuffed them 6-1! What a day that was. That shut the tw@t up for a while!

Even Jeffers' pen, he said he's seen it again and still agrees that it was a definite pen! Honesty?!

[Edited by SwinYE5 - 12/31/2002 1:17:16 PM]
Old 31 December 2002, 05:15 PM
Funkii Munkii
Pontificating

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts
What are Wengers comments on the Pen then?

Because as far as I can remember Wenger has never seen any incidents from where he was at the time!! "I Didnt see it", "I Couldnt see it"
Old 31 December 2002, 05:19 PM
neilbbb
Scooby Regular

Wink

jasey

for ferguson i normally prefer the name that starts with scottish and ends with unt
Old 31 December 2002, 05:20 PM
neilbbb
Scooby Regular

Talking

oh and for wenger it starts with blind and has the same ending
Old 31 December 2002, 08:28 PM
ash1
Scooby Regular

actually managers are pretty harmless, its those tw@ts they called officials that are the problem. Then you've got the FIFA and UEFA bodies who don't understand and won't deploy technology.

if we'd had a 4th official like they do in cricket then this joke of a penalty could have been avoided. Anyway, won't see that in my lifetime I guess
Old 01 January 2003, 12:50 PM
SwinYE5
Scooby Regular

I've got to say though, however frustrating these kind of incidents can be when they go against your team, I am not in favour of things such as instant replays in games to clarify any difficult decisions that the ref is not 100% sure about.

Sometimes you need that goal, that could easily have been given offside, or that was handballed on route to goal, or you need that 'goal' that was scored against you to be chalked off for offside that never was, etc, etc... It's all part of the excitement of football.

The ref's though need to remember that the better they are, the less they should be known. Some of them revel in the fact that they can send off Wayne Rooney and make a name for themselves, send off Keano for the third time, send off Shearer, etc, etc... Ref's such as Elleray should leave his school headmaster head at home and stop treating the players like his pupils...

Some of the ref's assistants - well...some of them are just plain incompetent.

Another thing I would like from officials is to give the benefit of the doubt to the bl00dy attacker in offside decisions which, most certainly is not the case. Give the benfit of the doubt to the attackers full stop. I get so frustrated when every time the ball is swung into the box from a corner, etc, the attacking team is penalised for some petty little foul. The 'keeper is the worst - you can't even f@rt near them without giving away a free kick.
Old 01 January 2003, 01:16 PM
Little Miss WRX

And as a referee I disagree, it is these stupid antiquated methods that are letting crap referee's get away with crap decisions.

the RA need to move forward into the 21st century and start looking at using video replays as well as fourth and fifth officials.

I would love to see the mothods used in rugby used in football!!!!!!
Old 01 January 2003, 01:33 PM
Redkop
Scooby Regular

A start to sort out referee's would be to get them all fecking consistent!

If you go through the stats of a game, you can see who the picky ones are.....ball in play for about 50 mins out of the 90! Some of them need their whistles shoved up their ar$ses for continually stopping the flow of the game.

One thing that really makes me mad, are the one's who never play the 'advantage' [img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img] They stop the game, have a word with the offending player or book him and all that results normally, is a free kick, never taken from the place the foul occurred. Where's the fairness in that? Play the advantage ffs and then book the player!
Old 01 January 2003, 03:17 PM
ash1
Scooby Regular

It is the 21st century and common sense suggests that some methods can be introduced, its happened successfully in a lot of other sports and there is no reason why it cannot be applied here. Was it UEFA who recently did an experiment in a scandanavian country, the trial was very successful - but some of the old guard are against change and people like Blatter has said that he is against any form of technology being introduced.

There was one trial that would show whether the whole ball had crossed the GK line or not - thats a simple enough change that could be adopted to clear up whether the ball has crossed the line or not.

I don't agree with the status quo in saying that these decisions make the game what it is. Look at cricket, the umpire is still the decision maker in most cases, but its taking some of the guesswork out of things like runouts where the human eye cannot always make the right decision.
Old 01 January 2003, 06:56 PM
Little Miss WRX

Cool

Most of it is the fecking referees themselves!!!!

Then people wonder why there are no more grass root refs coming up to professional level.