Sport General sport discussion

chelsea seem to be

Search this Thread

Old 02 December 2002, 04:05 PM
neilbbb
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up

stringing a few good results together. and people have even been calling us consistent.....

now i don't think we are good enough to win the league (yet) but the champions league is good enough for me.

while liverpool, the **** and the northern cockneys seem to have had a few ups and downs we have been quietly racking up the points.

everton this saturday will be a real 6 pointer which would set us up nicely going into xmas (which is when it normally goes t*ts up for the blues)

and for my money cudicini (yes i know i'm biased) is the best keeper in the league. shame he's not english.............but you never know he could have an english granny tucked away somewhere.............carlo for england.
Old 02 December 2002, 10:48 PM
555 Markus
Scooby Regular

Cool

Things do seem to be going right at the moment . Even Ranieri's substitutions are working these days as we saw on Saturday. Desailly and Gallas look rock solid and as you say Cudicini is looking inspired.

There was a bit in Saturdays programme that mentioned he could actually qualify for a British passport in 2004 ( I think) which would entitle him to play for England if not already capped in a full international by Italy .

With the next five away games at Everton, Boro, Leeds, Arsenal and Man Utd if we can survive that little lot then we've got every chance of a very respectable finish.

I'm not making any rash predictions...I've seen far too many new dawns at Chelsea .

Mark
Old 07 December 2002, 05:30 PM
555 Markus
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

What a week ! Seven goals past what is really a very mediocre Everton team whose position in the table deceives. Well chuffed with the league result today. Everton certainly had most of the second half chances and the old Chelsea would probably have crumbled.
Instead we went up the other end and sealed it in injury time. Just how funny were those moaning scousers !! They seemed very reminiscent of an eighties football crowd .
Old 07 December 2002, 06:03 PM
neilbbb
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

keep it coming.....

zola is god, player of the year for the 2nd time, i reckon
Old 07 December 2002, 06:18 PM
care3
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
flying high
Old 07 December 2002, 08:26 PM
ash1
Scooby Regular

Ranieri can actually speak some English now, maybe with his improved communication the players can actually understand his thinking and coaching, hence an upturn in results ?
Old 14 December 2002, 08:48 AM
scoobyDAZZA
Scooby Regular

we've lost the least amount of games and scored the 2nd most, the 2 games we lost were silly 1's to say the least, home to west ham( no dis-respect hammers fans) and a poxy last minute liverpool goal, also we should've beat arsenal, 1-0 up, they have a player sent off then equalize ffs, without these silly silly gaffs we'd be 5 points clear, THIS IS OUR SEASON, and at 8/1 im off to the bookies, lol .
Old 15 December 2002, 08:48 AM
P1Fanatic
Scooby Regular

Two points dropped on Saturday. It would be interesting to see 4 teams fighting for the championship but when it boils down to it I think it will be 2 teams and chelsea aint one of them. Then again no one thought us Reds would be doing so well about a month ago. Starting to string a good line of results together and have the fight back in our team.

Simon.
Old 15 December 2002, 11:24 AM
neilbbb
Scooby Regular

Wink

umm, cambridge so you're a local red then...

but seriously as i said in the original post i would be happy with 3rd place and a champions league spot...

but it is so tight at the top xmas will sort out the real contenders

mind you the blues are looking dangerously consistent
Old 15 December 2002, 06:41 PM
P1Fanatic
Scooby Regular

Talking

umm, cambridge so you're a local red then...
Very original. I'm gobsmacked. Hold on Peter Kay - we have someone after your job

'ave it!

Simon.
Old 15 December 2002, 07:34 PM
neilbbb
Scooby Regular

Wink

is peter kay from cambridge too....or is he a proper northener

mind you if his job is up for grabs i better up my pie consumption ;-)
Old 24 December 2002, 12:45 PM
care3
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
up the top for christmas
just like the blues

Old 28 December 2002, 06:05 PM
what would scooby do
Scooby Senior

stringing a few good results together
not any more - COME ON LEEDS LOL 2-0, we are on a roll now, 2 wins LOL
Old 28 December 2002, 06:27 PM
wheelwright
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

WWSD

Thats 10 out of a possible 12 points now !!!
Old 29 December 2002, 06:11 PM
P1Fanatic
Scooby Regular

is peter kay from cambridge too....or is he a proper northener
So because I now live in Cambridge, that automatically means Im not a northerner and cant support man utd? Nice one. I was in fact born further up North than Manchester.

Quite funny coming from someone whose profile doesnt show where they live. Or have you not worked out how to update your profile yet?

[Edited by P1Fanatic - 12/29/2002 7:28:10 PM]
Old 29 December 2002, 07:49 PM
neilbbb
Scooby Regular

p1
ffs, dont take it too personally. it's just that a lot of man u fans are a little too sensitive about where they they live, how long they've supported the club and so on. it's just soooooooo easy to get a reaction but if i've offended you then sorry.

for me i live in herts and haven't posted it in my profile on purpose..

oh and by the way i got the phoenix nights dvd for chrimbo. p*ss*ed myself laughing (not literally).

up the blues, 2nd at christmas and going strong despite the leeds result (all you leeds fans who posted well done, at least tel will now last till the new year)

happy new year ;-)
Old 29 December 2002, 08:04 PM
555 Markus
Scooby Regular

Smile

Neil, I think there's a definite lack of sense of humour in this forum unfortunately , and the muppets are invading rapidly. Funny how most people only manage to post when its to gloat about their first win at home since September...wow, thats something to be proud of!

Now lets get this one back on track. Its about Chelsea. **** off if u wanna post about Mancs, scousers, lillywhites, villans, gooners...go create your own post!!

Not best pleased with Ranieri's tinkering with the team over the last two games. It made more sense to me that if he wanted to rest people it would be best to play Gallas/Desailly at home to the Saints and bring back Terry for the harder game at Leeds. Also most of the success from the last two months has been based on a steady back four. Why rest Melchiot, and bring in Ferrer who just isn't the player he was two or three years ago?

Zola could do with a rest though. Its noticeable that he hasn't scored since the Birmingham game, and the cabbage patch we call a pitch can't be helping his skillful play. At least its getting relaid soon.

Here's hoping we have a full strength team out against the gooners at the library

Happy new year to all footie fans

Old 30 December 2002, 04:19 PM
scoobyDAZZA
Scooby Regular

personnaly,as a chelsea fan i wish ranieri would change from 4-4-2 to a 3-4-3, so we can accomodate terry and the 3 strikers playing zola in behind the main 2 ,,,,,,,, my team = = =
cudicini .. gallas terry desailly .. melchiot lampard petit le saux .. zola .. hasselbaink gudjonsen ..

daz
Old 30 December 2002, 04:35 PM
P1Fanatic
Scooby Regular

If I really couldnt take a joke there wouldnt be a in either of my posts. Yes I know I shouldnt bite but it does get a tad repetitive.
Old 01 January 2003, 09:37 PM
neilbbb
Scooby Regular

Thumbs down

bunch of a*se. 1 point from 9 over the holidays....

let's hope ranieri gives them a huge b*ll*cking so we can get our act together and stay in touch with the top teams

c'mon you blues