Notices
Sport General sport discussion

Footie - the money issue with players.

Search this Thread

Old 17 December 2002, 01:32 AM
Little Miss WRX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
IMHO there needs to be drastic action taken in order to help stop the decline of lower league clubs and ultimately their bankrupcy.

At the moment, the state of the Premiership is disgusting. This is no longer a game, it is a lottery. There is no love in this hallowed game anymore, just a load of greedy ar5eholes who can only think about making their wallets bigger.

There needs to be a levelling out of wages. This then needs to have a bonus scheme related to match performance - a certain amount per goal, per clean sheet etc as incentives.
Transfers need to have a cap with a percentage going to that player in order to reward him for his services etc, etc.

I also think that there needs to be a seperate fund available to help ailing clubs and ones who gain status to the Premiership through merit but fail because they do not have the funds to help them stay up - I would say WBA could possibly be an example of such a club. A grant almost which can be payable back in the long run as a percentage or in full.

To hear that clubs like Leicester, Cardiff, Port Vale and a few others are facing ruin disheartens me. (I mean why is it not Coventry??? )

I know that my view would never be considered by the powers that be after all money is a corruption that is hard to overturn and possibly never will. It still does not change my view that something needs to be done.

In a way I am thankful that Deadly Doug (I wish he would RIP ) is so stingy because there is **** all possibility of Villa facing bankrupcy. :rolleyes But then again, look at Villa!!! We are doing **** all else.
Old 17 December 2002, 05:33 AM
Redkop
Scooby Regular

You are so right about this Chelle. Hardly any of the big-name players wear their shirt with pride any more. Just money orientated.

A saying going round at the moment...The Liverbird upon my chest is bigger than the name on my back...but not as big as my bank balance!!!
Old 17 December 2002, 02:42 PM
Little Miss WRX

Unhappy

It is a sad, sad time for football.

More and more genuine supporters simply cannot afford to go to the matches and not all of us have SKY to watch the games.
Old 22 December 2002, 03:32 PM
Little Miss WRX

BTTT, I am surprised with the amount of opinionated people on here that more comments haven't been made.
Old 22 December 2002, 03:37 PM
Funkii Munkii
Pontificating

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts
I totally agree with you on this Michelle, I brought it up when the forum started and only neilbbb replied!!. It would be nice to have some decent discussions which dont deteriorate into p1ss takes, but whats the likelyhood of that!

Dave