"Absolute Disgrace"

Search this Thread

Old 17 September 2002, 03:41 PM
joni
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile

This is an actual call on Talk Sport the other day:

Presenter: We have Jim on the line who wants to discuss the Faroe Islands-Scotland game.
Jim: Thanks...er yeah. Just want to say it’s an absolute disgrace. I mean we’re playing probably the weakest side in world football and we can’t do better than a draw.
Presenter: It was a poor result.
Jim: Poor result! Poor result! It’s absolutely scandalous. The manager has lost the plot completely, he’s got to go. I know we’ve never set the world alight over the years on the international stage but I can’t remember things being this bad. It’s the end for us. The absolute end. I can’t see us ever recovering from a setback like this. We’re a complete laughing stock.
Presenter: Look Jim. I know it seems bad now but there is still a long way to go. I can’t see you qualifying for Euro 2004 but hopefully things will improve.
Jim: I never expected for a moment we would qualify. I don’t mind that so much. We’re not good enough. But listen, to not qualify is one thing,but to............. fail to beat a team like Scotland is a different matter. It’s a bitter blow for everyone here on the Islands.
(Uproar and laughter in the studio)

Old 17 September 2002, 03:57 PM
wheelwright
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up