Sponsored by:

Bulger Case - A total disgrace!

Search this Thread

Old 22 June 2001, 06:45 PM
Fast_Blue_Scooby
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What is happening to this country?

How will the Bulger family be feeling now.

How can this government allow 2 killers to be freed after the terrible things that they did to that little boy.

All the money that is going to be spent on giving them a new identity, it is an absolute disgrace.

I have gave up on this country, the do gooders and the government.

ARE THE PEOPLE WHO MAKE THE DECISIONS IN THIS COUNTRY FOR REAL!!

What does everyone else think....
Old 22 June 2001, 06:56 PM
dba
Scooby Regular

I think its a hell of lot more complicated than that.

Personally,I think several profesionally qualified people had to make a very tough decision.I wouldn't have wanted to make it,but they are far more qualified to judge than the general public are.
Old 22 June 2001, 06:58 PM
Ian Griffiths
Scooby Regular

They'll spend less on housing them than they will on keeping them in a secure unit. £3000pw to stay there IIRC.

Its a difficult situation. Even the now-retired investigating officer doesn't know what to do with them.

I won't post my own opinons for fear of a lot of points to the contrary but agreed, its not good for the country to have to deal with such a crime.
Old 22 June 2001, 07:08 PM
RonaldoH
Scooby Regular

Unhappy

It was a tragedy when it happened, I remember it vividly, 8 years ago

I just hope for their sakes, that their hidden identity remains hidden. The Home Office have said, that they think that they would be exposed within months, and thats the team that makes this hidden identity possible! Does'nt look promising for them both.

I feel for the bulger family.

Brings a lump to my throat. Such a waste
Old 22 June 2001, 07:40 PM
DavidBrown
Scooby Regular

Sorry, but what's this got to do with Subarus ?

Take it elsewhere (To Off-Topic, at least)

Just my 2 cents.
Old 22 June 2001, 08:14 PM
Dark Muppet
Scooby Regular

Actually, if I recall it was europe that told us we had to release them. The home secretary did'nt want to.

It was also Europe that told the british government it had to pay each of the families of convicted IRA killers 10 grand each. Because the UK had violated their human rights

Don't blame the govt, blame the EEC.
Old 22 June 2001, 08:24 PM
chelsie_uk
Scooby Regular

Angry

Have you been on the web sight and seen what these killers really did?

Its really BAD

Chel
xxxxxxxx
Old 22 June 2001, 08:26 PM
Shark
Scooby Regular

Red face

I thought this might come up on here.

I think they should both spend the rest of their lives behind bars. I knew at 5 years old that it was wrong to kill another human being, let alone 10 years old. Give me any old excuse you like about bad parents etc, and you won't change my mind.

And for any murderer over 18 - Hang them.

Perhaps I'm to hard on this, but thats me.

David
Old 22 June 2001, 09:05 PM
Chins
Scooby Regular

Angry

This doesnt need to be in the General Forum.

Personally these boys are hard done to when you consider the case of the two parents that have beaten thier 4 month old baby to death and have received 2 years each, as they cant decide who dealt the final blow.
As the detective in the Bulger case said the media has over hyped what the boys did. Yes it was very bad, but they need another chance.

And before I get grief I do have a 2 and 6 year old. So to a point can imagine what the victims parents are going through.

Jonathan
Old 22 June 2001, 09:25 PM
EvilBevel
Scooby Regular

Agree with DavidBrown ...

Too difficult and emotional topic, nothing good can come from it.
Old 22 June 2001, 09:34 PM
boomer
Scooby Senior

Angry

It may not be directly Scooby related, but i do think that this thread is justified in the General forum. The handling of criminals (whether murderers or car thieves) effects us all.

I don't know the details of this crime (does anyone have the web site URL?), but think what kind of message such a decision sends to the criminal element of society (and as Shark says, even 10 year olds know right from wrong).

Basically it implies you can do major badness, but after a bit of prison you can live a free life (paid for by those you messed up). Maybe if there was the prospect of being "talked to" by those who have been affected, should you commit a crime, you would think twice in the first place.

For example, chopping the hands of thieves, or tattooing their foreheads with "scum" would, in my opinion, be quite a deterrent! Setting them up with a comfortable future life isn't!

mb
Old 22 June 2001, 09:57 PM
dba
Scooby Regular

sorry, but what is comfortable about their future?
Old 22 June 2001, 10:06 PM
EvilBevel
Scooby Regular

Why do I reply ?

Do you people know the meaning of the word "agenda setting" ? What's your opinion on the Dutroux case ? Gang of Nivelles ? Oude-Pekela ? Dave Coresh ? (fill in other thousand of mind blowing cases)

Attention is directly related to the distance and the number of deaths... Yesterday, we were mad about the price of fuel, today, it's the Bulger case ...

Look, this is one of the most horrible and emotionally disturbing cases that I can remember. There is no font in Windows big enough to emphasize the *WHY* we are all left with.

But apart from "let's chop some bits off them", what new insight can a discussion on Scoobynet add ? (serious question)

I'm using too many words again, and I won't be able to convince you... But I still think it would be better to let it rest for a while.

Theo [not trying to be offending, honest]
Old 22 June 2001, 10:17 PM
Deep Singh
Scooby Regular

Evil, I have had a few beers but agree with you totally!! Deep.
Old 22 June 2001, 10:36 PM
boomer
Scooby Senior

Angry

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:<HR>Originally posted by dba:
<B>sorry, but what is comfortable about their future?[/quote]

I hope that it <B>isn't</B> comfortable for them - the problem is that "the powers that be" want to make it so!

They did wrong - let them suffer the consequences - if only to teach future generations the difference between good and bad.

mb
Old 22 June 2001, 10:36 PM
drive87
Scooby Regular

Question

Chelsie,
What web site would that be, or don't I want to see?
Drive..
Old 22 June 2001, 10:57 PM
Gastro
Scooby Regular

Whats this ?
Trial by the high court of 'scoobynet'.....?

Not sure this is the right forum is it ???

Gastro
Old 22 June 2001, 10:58 PM
pslewis
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Unhappy

The fact remains that cases like this are so rare as to still make people quiver at the thought many years on.

Due to that fact above it is quite clear that these two killers are pure evil, simple as that, they should be executed IMHO - there is NO doubt about their guilt, I personally do NOT want to pay for their families to be re-housed and given 24 hour security .... I will offer that to the 95year old granny who is terrified in her own home on some council estate.

I read somewhere that 100,000 people are responsible for 55% of ALL crime - by killing these Arseho1es we will ALL live in a better society - therest of the 45% can be dealt with in the normal manner

Imagine being able to park your car where you want, everyone walking the streets at night, very low crime rates??? Nice??

By the way - there is an answer to reducing the crime rate to ZERO - legalise EVERYTHING!!

Pete
Old 22 June 2001, 11:22 PM
Tiggs
Scooby Regular

Old 22 June 2001, 11:32 PM
John R
Scooby Regular

[This message has been edited by John R (edited 22 June 2001).]
Old 23 June 2001, 12:35 AM
MrWood
Scooby Regular

Lightbulb

Send the little gets straight to the armed forces! This way, they would learn proper discipline, get a regular wage doing there bit to repay society, and here's the best bit... There is a chance of them getting killed in service!

Anyone else agree this is the best place for them?
Old 23 June 2001, 09:28 AM
ed the dead
Scooby Regular

I agree that what those boys did was horrific and is not acceptable in this society, so they were locked up and excluded from society.

What has to be remembered is that they were only 10 when the crime was committed and they are still relatively young now (18), what effect would it have on them if they were kept locked up for another 10 years and then released at 28? they will have spend the majority of their formative years in prison and when released at 28 have no chance of getting a job or sucessfully re-integrating into society.

I'm not saying that it is right that they should have been released, but what are the alternatives, lock them up for life at a huge cost the country? lock them up for another 10 years and then throw these 'socially untrained' people out into a society they have no hope of ever integrating into?
Old 23 June 2001, 11:07 AM
PaulFisher
Scooby Regular

They knew exactly what they were doing.

You don't punish someone for revenge, but to deter others.

I hope James's father finds them.

Sorry, I'm normally quite open-minded, except with this.
Old 23 June 2001, 12:00 PM
StevieF
Scooby Newbie

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:<HR>Originally posted by dba:
<B>sorry, but what is comfortable about their future?[/quote]

Or what little future they have left anyway. Someone will identify them and word will spread like wildfire, and then one of these killers could well find themselves in the wrong place at the wrong time. It will be much safer for them behind bars.
Old 23 June 2001, 02:23 PM
matt d
Scooby Regular

No one's mentioned whether or not they feel any remorse for their crime. People do actually change from age 10 to 18 you know? If they genuinely regret what they did, then why should they be locked up forever?

This is just a general point - for all I know the Bulger killers might not give a damn, but the point is none of you lot know that yet feel fit to judge their fate. I presume all of you have never done anything wrong at all? Is so then isn't it a bit rich calling for someone to be hung or banged up for life - let him who is without sin cast the first stone and all that.
Old 23 June 2001, 02:32 PM
Stevie
Scooby Regular

MrWood,

That appears to be a little honourable for them!

I think in life, what goes around, comes around.

I hope this is the case for those two evil swines.

Also, what the hell is the government doing listening to Poirot and his mates? If they ask us to drive on the right ( I know a few of us do) are we going to listen and fall into line to avoid the risk of offending Brussells? This crime took place in the UK, comitted by UK citizens. Why cant our government deal with the sentence? If Brussells is so interested, ship the little b#####ds and their family's over there and let them look after them!!
Old 23 June 2001, 02:34 PM
Stevie
Scooby Regular

Mattd,

I hope you are not saying if they regret it it's OK to let them go.

I must have mis-read your post.
Old 23 June 2001, 03:00 PM
DominicA
Scooby Regular

I personally feel that there is no right/wrong solution to this situation...

should they be locked up for life?? should we pay for this?? will it solve anything??should they be executed for something they did at 10 years of age?? no matter how bad it was....should they be let free and protected?? for commiting this evil crime....should they just be released and told to get on with it?? someone would kill them within a day...is that right?? maybe...maybe not... the only thing I am sure of is that if the mother wants to speak with them...they should be forced to do this first!!! lets not forget there are a lot more people involved in this than the press like to report...
Old 23 June 2001, 05:48 PM
Scoob99
Scooby Regular

Angry

Should have hung the little *******s, They knew what they were doing and in my eyes a life for a life, Sorry guys I get very angry about this. My feelings are with the Bulger family at this time.
Cheers
Colin
Old 23 June 2001, 05:51 PM
Scoob99
Scooby Regular

Well said Pete Lewis......I could not agree more, I'm with you on this one mate.
Cheers
Colin

Quick Reply: Bulger Case - A total disgrace!