Scooby Regular

Received 196 Likes on 171 Posts

🇮🇹🏆
Old 12 July 2021, 04:34 AM
guinnessman2001
Scooby Regular

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Oh no it isn't.

And if you can't win the tournament after playing every game bar one at home then it never will.

The following 3 users liked this post by guinnessman2001:
Old 12 July 2021, 10:22 AM
IdonthaveaScooby
Scooby Regular

Received 131 Likes on 113 Posts

Its coming r(H)ome lol

cue 50 years recrimin\tions
Old 12 July 2021, 04:34 PM
WRXrowdy
Scooby Regular

Received 95 Likes on 73 Posts

Originally Posted by guinnessman2001
Oh no it isn't.

And if you can't win the tournament after playing every game bar one at home then it never will.
It was a unique tournament in that it was held over many countries across Europe.
Some England games were meant to be held in Dublin but they couldn’t be held in Ireland so they were switched to Wembley instead.

For some reason people have said England had an unfair advantage playing so many games at home, but do these people forget that at every other euro or World Cup the host nation play every game in their own country.

While I think the two best teams reached the final, I also think the best team won on the night. While we looked dominant for the first half hour my worry was England would start playing defensively when we should have kept the original shape and carried the momentum.
We were lucky to hold it to penalties, but although Rashfords attempt was a complete shambles, the racist abuse that has been levelled at some of our players is utterly appalling.
The whole of the England squad and Gareth Southgate should be applauded for reaching the final and for bringing the country together in what has been a very difficult time for everyone.

The following 2 users liked this post by WRXrowdy:
Old 12 July 2021, 05:16 PM
guinnessman2001
Scooby Regular

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Shouldn't worry about many other home games in international tournaments.

The behaviour of the so called fans storming the barriers trying to enter the ground, the laser incident against Denmark and the general drunkenness and violence after the game should ensure England are never chosen again as hosts.
The following users liked this post:
Old 12 July 2021, 05:32 PM
WRXrowdy
Scooby Regular

Received 95 Likes on 73 Posts

Originally Posted by guinnessman2001
Shouldn't worry about many other home games in international tournaments.

The behaviour of the so called fans storming the barriers trying to enter the ground, the laser incident against Denmark and the general drunkenness and violence after the game should ensure England are never chosen again as hosts.
I can’t disagree with any of that.
I really don’t get the mentality of so called football fans. You don’t get that behaviour at rugby matches. Any other sport for that matter, be it darts where even the contestants used to drink pints in large overcrowded alcohol fuelled venues or boxing matches where the sport is about beating each other to a pulp, so why on earth does a football match make supporters act like d!cks.

I can understand booing to an extent during a match, in a kind of pantomime way, but during the opponents national anthem is a disgrace.

I used to manage my sons football team for my sins, I didn’t encounter any problems on the whole, but my eldest sons team (that I did not manage) we did have one lad ratially abused, and that was by the manager of the other team!