Another big thanks - Fiestaboy

Search this Thread

Old 18 January 2010, 08:05 PM
JonMc
Scooby Senior

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Another big thanks - Fiestaboy

No surprises really, but Rich did a cracking job on my service today

Rich, the smoking has stopped, the gearbox feels slicker and the brakes are firmer, cheers for your help and we'll sort out the rest of the work as time permits.

The lambda readings were a bit more random on the way home so I think I'll probably end up getting that sensor - can't put it off forever

I have a cunning plan for the sport cat, but I need to check some bits out tomorrow and then I'll let you know
Old 18 January 2010, 10:21 PM
FB Tuning
Former Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

No problem at all Jon - It was a pleasure to give the car it's Birthday!

Looking forward to helping finish off with some of the planned mods and extracting a few more horses.

It's probably best to replace the lambda in the near future, if the readings are starting to get a bit sketchy. - That'll put a bit of a dent in the wallet though.
Old 18 January 2010, 10:26 PM
JonMc
Scooby Senior

Originally Posted by fiestaboy
No problem at all Jon - It was a pleasure to give the car it's Birthday!

Looking forward to helping finish off with some of the planned mods and extracting a few more horses.

It's probably best to replace the lambda in the near future, if the readings are starting to get a bit sketchy. - That'll put a bit of a dent in the wallet though.
I'll track down the supplier I found and get his latest price. It was steady while under load, but at idle floated between 0.92 and 1.02 before settling into a good reading

I'll have a play tomorrow while I wait for the electrician.

Let me know about the MOT guy, like I said this Saturday or next works. If you fancy swinging by for a coffee after going to lateral tomorrow let me know - you'll have to PM me or phone the missus and get her to let me know
Old 18 January 2010, 10:31 PM
JonMc
Scooby Senior

impreza front o2/oxygen/lambda sensor£150.00 mail order. free delivery to UK. autoelectrics, mobility scooter repair, - Subaru o2 sensors

For future reference £150 delivered
Old 18 January 2010, 10:39 PM
FB Tuning
Former Sponsor

That's a good price considering Subaru want to charge over double that for the 'original' part.

Did you get the CEL and Lambda code again?
Old 18 January 2010, 10:43 PM
JonMc
Scooby Senior

Originally Posted by fiestaboy
Did you get the CEL and Lambda code again?
No, I just noticed that the readings were a bit wild at idle, no fault code though and no CEL. Still runs rich on boost and leans off when running on no throttle - just the idle setting that seem a bit out. Was fine again when I got home. Might try a fast idle later in the week and see how stable the readings are.
Old 18 January 2010, 11:04 PM
FB Tuning
Former Sponsor

On a trailing throttle you will see a lean reading as the injectors are 'shut down' by the ecu

On a light throttle (when the ecu is running closed loop fuelling) you should be seeing lambda readings of approx 1 to 0.95.

On the standard ecu map, WOT should see the AFR's down to 11.1 - This is where the stock sensor is maxed out and not entirely accurate

For testing purposes, you should be able to keep the ecu in closed loop operation up to a Mass Airflow reading of approx 55 grams/sec, whilst hitting a lambda target close to 1.0 - This should see you through the MOT

I'll give you a call tomorrow ref the MOT

Trending Topics

Old 19 January 2010, 01:29 PM
JonMc
Scooby Senior

Happy with all of that, like you saw it seems to run okay, just a little while to settle on idle. I'll order the new one this week and see how it goes.

I've looked at the sports cat and there is no bung for the front O2 sensor so I'll need some more bug headers for porting, or use mine. I've also noticed that the bracket half way up has been cut off. It's looking a little iffy to me

Old 19 January 2010, 02:38 PM
little'un
Scooby Regular

Also, because it's not open mouth or twin pipe design, you will probably run into boost creep problems when you fit a bigger turbo - the exhaust gas exiting the wastegate penny is seriously restricted by the flat flange on the downpipe
Old 19 January 2010, 02:42 PM
JonMc
Scooby Senior

Originally Posted by little'un
Also, because it's not open mouth or twin pipe design, you will probably run into boost creep problems when you fit a bigger turbo - the exhaust gas exiting the wastegate penny is seriously restricted by the flat flange on the downpipe
Given the amount of welds on there, when I go for a bigger turbo I might get a bell mouth welded on in place of the flat face - I've got about a year before that upgrade so plenty of time to plan