Southern (England) Southern Meetings & Events

Beds meet @ flying fox

Search this Thread

Old 02 April 2001, 06:46 PM
Pbone
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking

Glad to see a few could make (sorry have forgotten names already).
Started off nice and warm. Met up with Colin, Jamie and Gary at the Fiat garage, waited for Rikkie ,but no show!!. Then we decided to go and find the Flying Fox (what a drive). Nobody knew the way, so Colin the postie, with his vast knowledge of roads decided to take the lead with Gary second and me third. First roundabout approaches we all turn left. After about 5 miles Colin realises we are all going the wrong way. So we all turn round and drive rather quickley back to the roundabout. scaring a few cars on the way. We then see the pub (as we drive past it) Immediatly pull over to the side of the road, wait for a gap.With perfect sychronisation all three turn around in the road together and like possesed devils drive to the pub ,where upon who,s that sitting there but, Yes it's Rikkie.
After about 1/2 hour all six of us go to the Red Lion for some food as the Flying Fox was busy.
Overall the day was amusing and very good
P.S my other Scooby with trainers enjoyed the day too.
Thanx to everyone turning up and will c u all soon..
Old 02 April 2001, 10:45 PM
Rikki23
Scooby Regular

Yeah, sorry about the mix up guys - I blame it on my footie guys. I was about 10 miles from the Fiat garage at 12:38 and made it there by about 1:05. I think my team mates enjoyed the ride back in to Dunstable (why go to ALton Towers...). Must have just missed you at Fiat. Took me 25 minutes to get to the F.F. , the traffic in Houghton Regis was terrible (as always).

Really good to meet you guys and the cars and the furry-Fila'd Scooby. Look forward to next month's? First sunday of the month - wot do you think people?

Any chance of posting the pics up Colin?

Lou_C, I think you would very much like Colin's car and NO it isn't a Terzo!!
Old 02 April 2001, 11:39 PM
g man
Scooby Regular

Cool

Thanks for the meet guys it was worth the drive ... [nutter] from the smoke. I appreciated the roads (luuuvly), nice to meet up with everybody, I am really s**t with names but big hello (next time i`ll keep away from the reheated chilli con carne..) LOL g man = gary

Old 03 April 2001, 10:03 AM
Scoob99
Scooby Regular

Cool

Yeah.......I Like that.......i get the blame for getting us lost, Can't help it if I don't know my left from my right....Anyway had a good drive didn't we.
Great to meet the local lads at last, and nice to see Gary all the way from London,Anyways Dunstable needed waking up and with us 3 tearing through there at god knows what speed and in formation i thought was quite a laugh. Yeah once a month would be great Rikki, and next time I won't have any breakfast so I can have lunch with you
guys......Cheers lads will post piccies laters.
Colin
Old 03 April 2001, 03:19 PM
Lou_C
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

Sounds like you guys had a lot of fun.

Sorry I didn't make it Rikki, hope to next time.

I'm still convinced it's a terzo Hopefully I will be able to see for myself in the near future!
Old 03 April 2001, 04:28 PM
Scoob99
Scooby Regular

Cool

Hi lads, Jamie here. Just posting the pictures for you lot. Soz there isn't many.
Click the link below to go to them.
Old 03 April 2001, 06:32 PM
Pbone
Scooby Regular

Hey Jamie, Thanks for titling my picture!!! Does this mean I have to clean it now. I must admit the picture does make it look very neglected.
Old 03 April 2001, 06:45 PM
Scoob99
Scooby Regular

Cool

Hi Lou.......Seems the only way I'm gonna convince you It's not a terzo is to put you in it.....And do one of our formation laps (Ask Gary and Pbone bout that)....Honest mate it's not a Terzo....And my rear spoiler is a Prodrive one not a P1 as i previosley said......Happy Now.....lol
Old 03 April 2001, 07:59 PM
Pbone
Scooby Regular

Lou..
Scoob99's car is definatly not a Terzo. Just for the record (again) the badge under the side repeater is from LISTERS a well know Subaru garage. and the spoiler is a Prodrive one coz it says PRODRIVE on the sides and not P1.
There you go Colin you have backup.

It would be good to have a meet every month at the Flying Fox.
Old 03 April 2001, 08:06 PM
Pbone
Scooby Regular

Lou..
Scoob99's car is definatly not a Terzo. Just for the record (again) the badge under the side repeater is from LISTERS a well know Subaru garage. and the spoiler is a Prodrive one coz it says PRODRIVE on the sides and not P1.
There you go Colin you have backup.

It would be good to have a meet every month
at the Flying Fox.

At the next meet I will bring my furry Fila'd friend again maybe colin & jamie could take his portrait. He would be very grateful!!
I think Colin,Gary and myself would have won a gold medal for formation driving if it were an olympic sport. 10/10!!!
Old 03 April 2001, 09:54 PM
Scoob99
Scooby Regular

Cool

There you go Lou.......What more evidence do you need.....I now have witnesses to my car to prove it is not a Terzo........Honest.
Colin.
Old 03 April 2001, 09:54 PM
Lou_C
Scooby Regular

Colin,

In that case I definately won't be convinced until you take me out on one of your "formation laps" Sounds excellent!!

I look forward to it!
Old 03 April 2001, 10:40 PM
g man
Scooby Regular

Cool

10/10 10/10 10/10 ..... I would agree chaps..
Old 04 April 2001, 07:27 AM
Rikki23
Scooby Regular

Talking

G Man - where the hell did u come from on the journey home? There is a lovely stretch of road where you can see for miles and is good if you are stuck behind many cars. Pulled out and overtook about 15 cars and got up to about, erm, 61 mph ( ), then pulled back in to see a silver scoob flashing me from behind....hello G Man ..sweeet
Old 04 April 2001, 05:50 PM
Deputy Dog
Scooby Regular

Missed this thread, excellent to see you guys, 1st of the month sounds good to me, maybe we can do a little cruise as well at some stage see you all soon.
Love the scooby with fila's by the way.

Paul M
Old 05 April 2001, 06:35 PM
Pbone
Scooby Regular

Deputy Dog
Scoob with Fila's says hi and thanx!!!
Which motor was yours.?
Old 06 April 2001, 09:33 AM
scoobynutta555
Scooby Regular

Location: Markyate.Imprezas owned:-wrx-sti5typeR-p1-uk22b-modded my00. Amongst others!
Talking

Hi guys, I couldnt make the last meet at the FF because of work! How about a meet on the last Sunday of every month, I have looked at rota and am free for all of them, I work the first sunday of every month so if you hold it then I will never be able to come
It was good to read that there were 6 of you there, it was only me and Ricki last time! This is a pic of my sti5 typeR,hopefully see you all soon!