Southern (England) Southern Meetings & Events

Mac 4x4 Challange 2005 - sponsorship request

Search this Thread

Old 14 December 2004, 01:18 PM
P5TPB
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mac 4x4 Challange 2005 - sponsorship request

As you may well notice, and a few of you already know, I no longer have my scooby. I now have my
off-road beast. I am entering it into an off-road challenge/event and am requesting help form people,
if possible. On 5th and 6th March 2005, in aid of the Macmillan Cancer Relief Fund, The MACMILLAN 4X4 UK
CHALLENGE 2005 (also known as the Mac4x4) takes place, and we will be vehicle number '3'. The
Mac4x4 is a driving and navigational event, coupled with off-road sections, It is a long-distance,
endurance, event for standard production 4x4 vehicles and will be starting in Hereford and will
cover approximately 1,000 miles on motorways, A, B, minor roads and tracks. With off road, green
lane and night navigation trial sections to test the crews. Approximately fifty teams, comprising of
driver and navigator, will take part. They will require excellent driving skills, endurance, navigational
skills as well as planning, good teamwork and, of course, confidence in each others abilities. The
vehicle I will be driving is a 1994 Mitsubishi Pajero XRII 2.8TD. (See below)

The clear aim is to raise money...The proceeds, from the Mac4x4, are entirely dependent on sponsorship,
and donations, which teams are expected to raise. The proceeds will go to Macmillan Cancer Relief,
which is the country’s major charity devoted to the treatment and care of people with cancer and their
families.It will support Macmillan’s continuing efforts to provide support services through the well
known Macmillan Nurses, doctors, buildings and patient grants.

It is my intention, together with my navigator, Mark Packer, to take part in this very worthwhile cause
and our entry form has been accepted by the organisers. With this aim in mind, we are now currently
seeking sponsors in order to maximise on the opportunities for the Macmillan organisation. This message
is our request to you for consideration of sponsorship. Previous events have received considerable
publicity in the media - this year should be no different. Limited advertising is permitted on our vehicle -
but to allow for recognition of any charitable contribution you are able to make we are certain that
the organisers will offer some considerable degree of flexibility! Of course contributions, in addition to
financial donations, can be in support of the vehicle's needs e.g. tyres, fuel etc- or indeed that of the
crew e.g. maps, navigational equipment etc!

Last year the event has raised nearly £40,000 for Macmillan !!

I would be very grateful if you (or your company or any of its employees) would look to proffering some
type of sponsorship in support of our participation of this event and its worthy cause. No amount is too
small - or indeed to large. Upon finalisation of the event I will write to all our sponsors indicating the amount
we have raised together with a receipt from the Mac4x4 organisers. Should you wish for your company logo
to be displayed we can make suitable arrangements. Of course, you will be supplied with an 'action'
photograph of our participation in the event.

I look forward to hearing from you - my daytime telephone number is 07917 097374

If you like to sponsor myself you could either:
- e-mail me (tim@mac4x4challenge.co.uk)
- reply to this thread
- respond via my website www.mac4x4.co.uk
- call/text me on 07917 097374

Feel free to browse the the official The MACMILLAN 4X4 UK CHALLENGE 2005 website
(www.mac4x4.co.uk) to find out more about it (including previous galleries, etc)

Yours Faithfully

Tim Price-Bowen & Mark Packer
Our personal website for this event: www.mac4x4challenge.co.uk

Also a member of, and known as 'tpb4x4' on:
www.pocuk.co.uk - Pajero Owners Club UK
www.pajerouk.co.uk - Pajero UK Owners

Last edited by P5TPB; 14 December 2004 at 01:25 PM.