Doset Boys Beware!

Search this Thread

Old 01 August 2004, 03:45 PM
Nick P1
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Doset Boys Beware!

Hi

Guys just to let you know coming out of poole yesterday in the direction of dorchester, gave the car a blip of the throttle just happen to glance in my mirror, when plod in an unmarked car Silver Astra tagged me.......my Bell Euro 550 scanner went mad......dropped right down to 35mph.....plod followed for about 3/4 mile....then got bored and overtook me..........interestingly enough the whole length of the wareham forest road section back to Dorch the scanner was going off......so just kept to 40MPH.........But whats strange was the lone copper wasnt wearing uniform, im wandering are they using civilians to just get the camera work done?........apparently all they are doing now is collecting the info and sending it straight to the DVLA, a summons is then issued....... without the copper stopping u....also a silver hiyabusa race bike.......complete with camera is being used.......this isnt the first time ive been tagged, first time was on the Puddletown by Pass suddenly dived into layby, and let the camera car go sailing by, which pissed the driver off no end................if u aint got a scanner for gods sake get one......they aint cheap....... but whats your licence worth?? Regards NickP1
Old 01 August 2004, 06:00 PM
Davey P
Scooby Regular

Cheers for that info Nick. Will keep an eye out.

Nick, have you taken a look at the P1 owners club forum, loads of useful info on there. www.p1woc.co.uk
Old 01 August 2004, 09:58 PM
RON
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Cheers Nick, thats my neck of the woods too!!!!!

Note to self, DRIVE SLOWER!!!

Cheers.

Ron
Old 23 August 2004, 10:22 AM
Jo Peters
Scooby Regular

Smile

The Hants police use this area for training their drivers in unmarked cars so there is always a chance that the detectors could go off when there is one of these cars around.