Notices
Southern (England) Southern Meetings & Events

A special thank you to those that took part in the East Coast Road Charity Run.

Search this Thread

Old 08 May 2004, 11:04 PM
FLAT ERIC
Scooby Regular

Location: You only live ONCE But if you do it right >>>>> ONCE is enough
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile A special thank you to those that took part in the East Coast Road Charity Run.

Danny (Chairman / Site Admin Scoobycity) received the following email yesterday from Beverly. For those of you who don't know it was her husband's death (Rush555) that prompted this event in the first place.

Dear Danny

I have thought long and hard about what I can say about Sunday but adequate words fail me. I will have a go though! It was a really special and emotional day for me, the girls and my parents (my friends also enjoyed themselves too) and an amazing and fitting tribute to Steven. I thought I had done him proud by refusing a hearse in favour of his Impreza for his funeral but all of you making such an effort in those gorgeous cars was incredible. It was just so exciting, first waiting for you all and then to see (and hear) you coming round the McDonald's roundabout. Looking on the website at the photos, I really wish I had driven up to Hunstanton - what a beautiful location for the end of what was a beautiful day (I swear Steven had something to do with the weather!).

I must say that from the start I have enjoyed looking on the website and keeping up to date with the arrangements for the day. On the day itself it was lovely to be around people who are besotted with their cars as much as Steven was. It was funny to see people get out of their cars and start fussing over them and wiping minute specks of dirt away - that, in itself, gave me some comfort and reminded me so much of someone so dear to me.

Please could you post this up on your website so that we can thank each and every one of you for a lovely day on Sunday. The amount you have raised is fantastic - a great achievement for two very good causes which are so obviously important to all of us in one way or another. When you have details of the final number of cars entered, please let me know and I will send a cheque to you. I would also be very interested in buying any photos and/or video footage which comes up for sale as I keep a treasure chest for each of my two girls of memorable things about their Dad and this would be a definite inclusion for them.

It was good to meet you on the day and thanks very much for keeping me in touch from start to finish. I will keep looking on the website and we will always come and have a look at the cars and say Hello on any subsequent events you have.

Once again, a great big THANK YOU to everyone - it meant a lot to us.

Love
Beverley, Rachel and Philippa xxxx

We are all still astounded at the response ourselves. The amount of cars and the amount of money raised is simply incredible. Rest assured we will be making this an annual event.

Well done to all those that took part.And keep a look out for this next year.

Mark
Old 08 May 2004, 11:07 PM
Nevetas
Scooby Regular

Supurb stuff, counting down the days till the next one
Old 09 May 2004, 12:56 AM
pele
Scooby Regular

Reading this has brought a tear to my eye...It's nice to know that we have been able to help in some way
Old 09 May 2004, 07:04 PM
hales
Scooby Regular

Same time, Same place its feels great to have helped in a small way.
Old 09 May 2004, 08:00 PM
ANDY.R
Scooby Regular

I must say how much it pleased me to be able to help raise money for these charities, as i lost both my parents to cancer.

It was an ideal way to do it as i would probably not have got a scoob if it was not for them.

All the best.
Andy.r
Old 10 May 2004, 11:07 AM
Supercue
Scooby Regular

I'm amazed at what everyone has achieved just because we all love Scoobs
Old 10 May 2004, 01:01 PM
Tiny
Scooby Regular

Cannot say no more, Will be there Next Year !! With 2 Collection Bucket's!!

Tiny...
Old 11 May 2004, 10:28 PM
FLAT ERIC
Scooby Regular

Smile

Received on Monday.

Dear Michael ( Events Organiser / Moderator Scoobycity)

May we take the opportunity to thank you, and all members of the www.scoobycity.co.uk Subaru Impreza Owners Club, for organising and taking part in the ‘East Coast Charity Run’ to support Macmillan Cancer Relief’s Norfolk & Waveney Appeal.

In the last five years Macmillan Cancer Relief has funded £4 million of cancer care services across Norfolk. In 2002 the Macmillan Care & Treatment Centre based at The Queen Elizabeth Hospital, King’s Lynn was opened and we continue to fund cancer services at the centre.

The money raised at ‘The East Coast Charity Run’ will help us to fund cancer care services in Norfolk & Waveney and West Norfolk over the next three years including a variety of medical and nursing posts, Macmillan carers and patient grants for people who are in financial difficulty because of their illness.

We rely entirely on the support of local individuals, groups and associations and companies to provide the funding needed to develop cancer services for people in our local community.

We are thrilled that you all had such a fantastic day and thank you once again for all of your support.

Best wishes

The Macmillan Cancer Relief Norfolk Fundraising Team

Last edited by FLAT ERIC; 11 May 2004 at 10:59 PM.
Old 13 May 2004, 12:33 AM
FLAT ERIC
Scooby Regular

Smile

Taken from last Friday's edition of the Kings Lynn News

And in colour

Mark

Last edited by FLAT ERIC; 13 May 2004 at 12:35 AM.