Search this Thread

Old 13 April 2004, 12:12 PM
Jen
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question - Hants R/O, important message! -

Hello all

As you probably know I havn't got my Scoob anymore , but such is life

Obviously being the regional organiser without a Scooby is a little interesting ( ) and I don't really think "Disco Bob" is up to the task of leading convoy's etc.

I've been making a few subtle enquiries and so far havn't managed to find a volunteer to take over the roll of Regional Organiser for Hampshire. Realistically I know recently I've been letting you all down as I havn't had the time to spend making the most of what is an excellent group with alot of potential for some great events

I can't really appologise as I've been putting sorting out a car/house and getting myself through this divorce as my first priority (as I think I have too at the moment) - but I am aware we're not doing as much as we would otherwise be doing, and not having access to a computer outside of work means the website is massively out of date/I can't check Scoobynet/SIDC etc.

I've also had a chat with the guys at the SIDC, and although I don't have a Scoob they're happy for me to carry on until I find someone who's willing to take over. I'm happy to continue with arranging the pub meets - we're "on tour" now we've got the lighter/warmer evenings as of next month. And I'll do a few Sundays one's with the North Hants lot as well as MENCAP of course and just come convoys to the usual summer events - but at the moment just don't have the time to sort treasure hunts/go-carting etc.

This of course will probably get better after the summer, but if anyone would like to volunteer themselves if they can lead this excellent and enthusiastic group then please drop me a line - jenny.mawer@eastleigh.gov.uk , I just don't think I'm doing you all justice

It's a fun job - let me know

Jen
Old 13 April 2004, 12:33 PM
fatmanscooby
Scooby Regular

Thats sad Jen you ve been a trooper but after my experience as R.O. its not something id volenteer for you have done an excellent job and we all appreciate you BUT how many times has any of the HEIRARCHY said thanks to you???????
I hope you ll still be around Jen you are a star
Old 13 April 2004, 12:59 PM
mart360
Scooby Regular

blimey no scoob,,,,, thats a bummer .... pick up a nice gl going cheap!!!

dosn,t say that you have to have a scoob ,,, to be a member

as far as i am concenerned you have my vote

Mart
Old 13 April 2004, 04:03 PM
Jen
Scooby Regular

Thanks guys, that's very nice of you!

Mart - Mm, Gl ...yeah - cool, already got my alternative transport though...it's a little bigger and slower than a Scoob!

Anyone?
Old 14 April 2004, 09:52 PM
quicksprint
Scooby Regular

Sorry to hear the bad news Jen...hope you stay .......and get another scoob very soon.

steve
Old 15 April 2004, 04:55 PM
Jen
Scooby Regular

Thanks Steve You lot aren't actually going to get rid of me...just need someone else to do the organising

Bttt for anyone?