Hants scoobies- Jen...

Search this Thread

Old 26 September 2003, 12:44 PM
Peanuts
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question

what time are we meeting, and where?
I remember the other thread but cannot find it.
some directions would be nice or some decent visual clues as I will be driving and a probably hungover mrs. Peanuts will be navigating..

I remember something about breathing as well but you`d better remind me

Andy
Old 26 September 2003, 01:37 PM
Jen
Scooby Regular

Here yer go matey - copied off the main IOW thread

I plan on having a few beers tonight as well, so the ferry crossing could be..er..interesting

Planning on meeting at 8:45, the ferry's at 9:30 and we have to be there 30 minutes before, so knowing what we're (ok, I'm) like I thought a 15minute "safety zone" would be a good idea

Map attached:

...we will obviously be heading towards the vehicle ferry -

From the west or east

Exit the M27 at Junction 3 (M271) Southampton West and Docks. Follow the brown English Tourist Board sign - WestQuay and Waterfront.

Continue to follow the sign marked Dock Gates 4-10 and brown English Tourist Board sign to WestQuay and Waterfront. Continue through one set of traffic lights, keeping to the outside lane. Bear right at a set of traffic lights on to the A33 and follow the signs to Dock Gates 4-8, WestQuay and Waterfront. Drive through a series of traffic lights until you reach the Mayflower roundabout with the De Vere Grand Harbour Hotel on the left and the Holiday Inn on the right. Take the right hand lane, follow the sign marked Dock Gate 4 Waterfront, and you will find Red Funnel's Terminal 1 on the right, signposted Red Funnel Dock Gate 7.

...and don't worry, you'll be ok if you follow that 'cos I didn't write it, I nicked it off the website

Old 26 September 2003, 01:59 PM
Peanuts
Scooby Regular

hopefully we will be there in time, although judging by previous efforts at TGI/Halfords in segensworth (sorry Rach/Alan) its anybodies guess