Southern (England) Southern Meetings & Events

%%%% Hants Scoobies Web Page %%%%

Search this Thread

Old 16 May 2002, 01:58 PM
Jen
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation

Oi you lazy b*ggers! Simon needs ideas!!

Re-posted info, e-mail him with your thoughts...well, the ones that are to do with the web page anyway!!

As promised, comments to Simon for what you'd like to see/comments on the Hants Scoobies webpages at: hants.scoobies@btinternet.com

He had three suggested options that can be seen at:

http://www.btinternet.com/~hants.scoobies/csstest1.html
http://www.btinternet.com/~hants.scoobies/csstest2.html
http://www.btinternet.com/~hants.scoobies/csstest3.html

And there's a tempory page at:

http://www.btinternet.com/~hants.scoobies

Also, possibility of a "minimeet" with free BBQ/bar (well, knowing how well practised my friends are, the free bar should last a little while at least ) and an opportunity for a profesional photo of the cars at our wedding reception (Simon's already said he's come so that's at least 3 Scoobies in the pictures ) is on the 15th June at the Forest Lodge Hotel in Lyndhurst,

Map: http://search.yell.com/search/ShowMa...&panY=0&panX=0

Just head towards Lyndhurst from Jnct. 1 of the M27 and it's on the right just after the "Welcome to Lyndhurst" signs.

Very casual i.e. "normal" clothes. So if you fancied meeting up, that might be a good oportunity. Photographer will be doing her thing from 3:30 onwards, if you wanted the cars done! When drinks etc, will also be available, we'll have the standard thanking everyone for coming at 4:30ish but that'll be short then it'll be BBQ and drinks until 8pm when we're having a quiz guy (who is very entertaining!) come along if any of you are geniuses at pub quizes But come and go as you like!

I can get the hotel to reserve spaces in the car park if you fancy giving us a rough idea of how many Scoobs'll and partners might be there that'd be good for giving the hotel rough numbers.

The nearest England game is on the 12th, so it's avioding the football...oh, and it's in the afternoon - so there won't be any on then anyway

Anyway, back to work

Jen
Old 16 May 2002, 02:11 PM
simon_prickett
Scooby Regular

Talking

Thanks - I'll still be working on this even though I'm currently selling the Subaru and won't be replacing it with another one...

Simon.
Old 16 May 2002, 02:15 PM
Jen
Scooby Regular

That's 'cos Simon's a top bloke (and I trust will still come to meets etc, even if he has a pants car )

So send him your ideas! [img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img]
Old 16 May 2002, 10:24 PM
Bad Bads
Scooby Regular

Thumbs down

Wrong about the football Jen.If they qualify from their group then their next game is either the 15th or 16th!
Will come to your bash if it doesn't clash.
Cheers Paul.
Old 17 May 2002, 09:10 AM
Jen
Scooby Regular

Pants! really? Oh well...tele at the reception as well then

...can't be missin' any England games...I was under the impression if they qualify it wouldn't be until the next week Mind you - it was hard working it out a year ago!

Oh well - it'll be good to see anyone along if they hate football or England aren't playing! I completely understand for those who don't want to come...honestly, if I didn't have to be there...
Old 17 May 2002, 09:17 AM
simon_prickett
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

Thanks to those who have responded about the site... I'll try to make some changes and add some content this weekend.

If anyone fancies writing something about their car, what they've done to it etc, please send me an email with the text and pictures, and I'll do the rest... if you need help with digital pics let me know as I have all the kit.

Can't promise what I'll get done this weekend as the site comes after the family, dog, and car shopping!

Simon.
Old 18 May 2002, 08:39 PM
Jen
Scooby Regular

btt in case anyone missed this...