Southern (England) Southern Meetings & Events

"Dream Rides" at Brooklands, Surrey: Saturday 16th August

Search this Thread

Old 11 August 2003, 03:14 PM
Nick B
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool

If you fancy a day out for the family on Saturday 16th August, why not visit the birthplace of British Motorsport, the Brooklands Museum in Surrey, and help raise money for worthy charities at the same time.

They are running a "Dream Rides" event:-
In return for a contribution to the Sporting Bears Motor Club (SBMC) charity, you can go for a high speed passenger ride around the circuit in the "car of your dreams". I am there running the Subaru, but there will be many other far more exotic cars to take your pick from as well!

It really is a day for the family - rides are open to people of all ages, and the museum and other attractions are open for the day as well. The SBMC supports a range of children's charities across the country and all money raised goes direct to those charities, the drivers take no fees, we simply do it for the fun of it!!!!

If you are interested, more details can be found on the Brooklands Website:
http://www.brooklandsmuseum.org.uk/

Regards,
Nick
Old 11 August 2003, 04:59 PM
Jo Peters
Scooby Regular

Smile

Last July, the Sporting Bears were up at Gaydon Motor Museum and I went in a Viper ..... wow, £50 well spent by my other half!!!

It is expensive, but the cause is worthwhile. The museum is very interesting at Brooklands and it's nice to sneak up to the top of the banking just to say you've been there!!

Jo

(Sporting Bears member)
Old 11 August 2003, 08:56 PM
Nicci
Scooby Senior

I have been to Dream ride events in the past and they do have a very varied and interesting selection of cars.

(I got taken around dual carriageways of Birmingham in a XJ220 thanks to a previous event)

And as your passenger fee goes to childrens charities, its an even better reason.